[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
unless you mean beta update, there's none to be had and your pack is the only one that doesn't show up. I'm getting updates to other packs (did one yesterday).
So you don't seee update 1.2.1 at all? That's odd. I'd recommend possibly deleting the whole modpack from your minecraft location, saving the map, then redownloading the pack and dragging the map back in after.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That's the thing. I'm planning on starting over so I moved the directory to multimc like I always do to save the files in case I did want to play again, and started the launcher. I did that 2 weeks ago. Haven't seen any update since. so yeah, wierd. Over in CL, there's issues with them not seeing pack also but I have a suspicion it's cause they had their launcher in their download dir. I've been using FTB for some time, so I'm not making any of those kinds of mistakes. I've got the download location set to CDN since they get the updates before the satellite ones. I'm at a loss. Can anyone else state they see the update(s) that I'm not seeing, or if they are in the same boat as me? If I know this is a problem specific to me, I'll look into it further, but I updated a different pack yesterday when they said they released something last week and it was there, no action needed. I've not had this issue before.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, switched from CDN to los angeles and voila, pack shows up for 1.2.1. Switch back to CDN and it disappears. You might want to forward this to third party team. You would _think_ that the main site (cursecdn) would carry all the packs correctly. I guess not. Ok. I'll switch back to LA and wait for your 1.2.2 update to get pushed and play again.

Thanks

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Map is updated. Most bugs fixed, still some that are not. Those will get fixed in the next update which will go out next week. I'm basically doing weekly updates.

Berrinrules

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, Im trying to activate the pack, but it says 'Exception reading modpack file: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.' and doesnt add the pack

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, Im trying to activate the pack, but it says 'Exception reading modpack file: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.' and doesnt add the pack
I believe there may be an issue with packs right now. Try in a few hours.

Berrinrules

Jul 29, 2019
so I got the pack working, and was wondering, I saw iguana's tweaks for ti-con, so... why cant I switch out tool parts and level them up and whatnot? and is there any way to enable it?

*EDIT* oh, nevermind... its just the configs for it for some reason, the mod itself isnt in.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
so I got the pack working, and was wondering, I saw iguana's tweaks for ti-con, so... why cant I switch out tool parts and level them up and whatnot? and is there any way to enable it?

*EDIT* oh, nevermind... its just the configs for it for some reason, the mod itself isnt in.

Most FTB related packs use a base set configs created by the FTB crew so that no one has to deal with block IDs. They are then eddied for each pack.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Just an update for you.

So I got the 1.2.2 loaded yesterday. Was still set to los angeles. The update showed up, I downloaded it. at end of download, it came back with error downloading modpack. Ok. try again. same. Changed to curseCDN. update showed up there as well finally. Downloaded modpack. boom, done. everything's fine. So, I don't know why ftb's mirrors are acting all strangely. a mirror is supposed to be identical to the other sites. It doesn't seem they are for whatever reason.

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019

Most FTB related packs use a base set configs created by the FTB crew so that no one has to deal with block IDs. They are then eddied for each pack.
A shame, I really like the combination of hunger overhaul for food and iguana tweaks for tools. It makes the game more interesting =D

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
A shame, I really like the combination of hunger overhaul for food and iguana tweaks for tools. It makes the game more interesting =D

Those universal configs do make it relatively easy to add any of those mods ya know.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
The next update may include some new mods. Unsure for sure at this moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1408927998][/DOUBLEPOST]
The download link is not working. Hope it gets fixed soon. I would love to play this map.
Try changing the server in which you're downloading from. Los Angeles seems to be having some issues.

mine_it_your_way

Jul 29, 2019
The next update may include some new mods. Unsure for sure at this moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1408927998][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try changing the server in which you're downloading from. Los Angeles seems to be having some issues.
I figured out when I launched it that the map is already included!

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019
Those universal configs do make it relatively easy to add any of those mods ya know.
Main reason I prefer packs like these is cause doing it yourself causes ID conflicts - so, no I did not know that. Guess I'll have to take a glance at it to see if it works.
Thanks for the tip.
The next update may include some new mods. Unsure for sure at this moment.
Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one then!