[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys!

DVDgi8v.png

A while back I posted a map, The Abandoned House, which had a terrible plot line and while it got a lot of notoriety, it was not the greatest map in the world. However, I am back with a new map. This is the sequel to The Abandoned House and it features a better story line, more dungeons, and a lot of interesting surprises.

The map has a unique twist though. It utilizes the Hardcore Questing Mode mod by VSWE, LordDusk, and NewCastleGeek. With this mod, quests will be available in the game via the questing book and the game will be in a hardcore mode. Finish tasks, claim rewards, and rescue the soul of the poor man from the abandoned house.

Pack is now on the FTB Launcher in the 3rd Party Maps under the code...

AbandonedHouse

The map will be included in the modpack download soon, it isn't finished yet.

Note: I do not own any of the mods below, they are all made by their respective owners. I appreciate all of your hard work.

MOD LIST!
Applied Energistics
BiblioCraft
Binnie's Mods
Buildcraft + addons
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel
EnderStorage
Extra Cells
Extra Utilities
Forestry
Gravity Gun
HQM
Hunger Overhaul
IC2 Nuclear Control
IC2
Iron Chest
Magic Bees
MFR
Modular Powersuits + addons
Mystcraft
Natura
NEI
OpenBlocks
Pam's Harvestcraft
Project Red
Railcraft
Tinker's Construct + Mechworks
Thaumcraft
ThaumicTinkerer
Thermal Expansion
Twilight Forest
Waila
Wireless Redstone
Zan's Minimap
Lore: Many years ago on a planet lightyears away, a man lived in a mansion. The mansion suited him well for many years but with his happiness came a curse. The man became cruel and needy and was eternally bound to the house with no escape even after death. People have journeyed into the house in search of setting the soul of the man free but in the process, they die. The Abandoned House has had no visitors for a while...until now. You are an adventurer, traveling to the house to uncover the mystery and set the soul of the man free. In order to free him, you must complete his many quests set aside and do favors for his neighbors in the area. Slash your way through dungeons and complete ridiculous objectives as you set the soul of a once good man free.

Map Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac0fh7dx9ba4s7s/Abandoned%20House%202%20Map.rar?dl=0

Pictures!
DZuj1AD.png

6lZz6gw.png

6cjZRxL.png

2NUnly0.png

iOGFQ9z.png

dHiysvu.png

sMg9iq5.png

Video Playthroughs!

AntallPlayz:
Gaming On Caffeine:

Last edited:
Reactions: Furfurfur2001

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
So if you want this on the launcher just make sure you have all of the permissions and then pm a third party team member.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
cool I would also reccomend using lockdown so that when a new world is created it is the map. I would love to test once it gets put on the launcher.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Good news! Modpack is officially authorized and when the map is finished, it will be on the FTB Launcher!

arman258

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I download the the map?
You said when the map is finished, you will put it on the launcher! But Where?

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
Just an FYI you might want to change the config of HQM i your next update to not have the HQM book edit mode (or whatever the mode is called)

Discoroo

Jul 29, 2019
Looks interesting, I'll definitely be checking this out once the map is up. I do have one question tho. Something I've never understood is why BC, IC2, and TE are included in the same pack. Could you elaborate on your reasons for including all three? Not trying to be snarky here, I just want to know from a pack creator's perspective.

Also, tho I haven't played yet, the lore tends to lend itself to certain mods you haven't included, such as Enviromine (maybe just the sanity), or some kind of weather mod for some awesome thunderstorms =P (I haven't really tested these so I'm not sure what would be stable). Have you considered these or any other mods to add? Just curious really, this looks great and I'm excited to hear more about it. Thanks =D

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Looks interesting, I'll definitely be checking this out once the map is up. I do have one question tho. Something I've never understood is why BC, IC2, and TE are included in the same pack. Could you elaborate on your reasons for including all three? Not trying to be snarky here, I just want to know from a pack creator's perspective.

Also, tho I haven't played yet, the lore tends to lend itself to certain mods you haven't included, such as Enviromine (maybe just the sanity), or some kind of weather mod for some awesome thunderstorms =P (I haven't really tested these so I'm not sure what would be stable). Have you considered these or any other mods to add? Just curious really, this looks great and I'm excited to hear more about it. Thanks =D
I'll be honest with you bud, the inclusion of mods like Enviromine and other weather mods was never even thought about. I don't want this map to truly be too hard. I want it to be hard enough that you need food and you're playing hardcore with lives, but it's really a way to have guides to keep your survival going. The reason I have the three main power mods all included is because I love Thermal Expansion and it's great for having the RF. Buildcraft pipes and gates are important in the map. And IC2 I'll always have a soft spot for from my Tekkit days. There's something about having to fight all the different machines and types of power without Power Converters available. Makes everything more interesting to me :) But it should be noted that this map is mainly for the use of having a modded survival with over 145 quests to guide yourself with. It works as a tutorial world as well as a challenge world.

Discoroo

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest with you bud, the inclusion of mods like Enviromine and other weather mods was never even thought about. I don't want this map to truly be too hard. I want it to be hard enough that you need food and you're playing hardcore with lives, but it's really a way to have guides to keep your survival going. The reason I have the three main power mods all included is because I love Thermal Expansion and it's great for having the RF. Buildcraft pipes and gates are important in the map. And IC2 I'll always have a soft spot for from my Tekkit days. There's something about having to fight all the different machines and types of power without Power Converters available. Makes everything more interesting to me :) But it should be noted that this map is mainly for the use of having a modded survival with over 145 quests to guide yourself with. It works as a tutorial world as well as a challenge world.

Cool, thanks for the response. Each power mod definitely has it's strengths, so I can understand that. Really looking forward to the map coming up to give this a go. May even add a few mods myself to make it more difficult, I like the challenge, but definitely respect that you want it to be more of a tutorial/challenge world. Great stuff, keep up the good work. =D

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to see big reactors added to the mod. It's sort of the RF equivalent of IC2's Nuclear reactors.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
No more so than the IC2 version. If you can figure it out.
It's only particular advantage is that it's easier to understand. And confusion should never be a balancing point.

You can always tweek the configs a bit. Balancing it by requiring tinkerers steelworks steel. Like in AgSkys. Or something similar.
But with a map like this that seems to resist the idea of chewing up large parts of the world for resources then a good power source is a must.
Or you could go an alternate route by making something, say the controller, only available via quest. Or found in world. "Seek the hart of the inferno." "Or find the reactors hart.

This is a list of some of the most interesting mods I've ever come across. Some are obsolete and many aren't useful for a pack like this but there are some real gems in there that would be useful.
Like Advanced darkness. Perfect for enhancing the ambiance.
Or Gulliver the Resizing Mod. Imagine what you could hide in mouse holes.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FVcm02eGdIcm81cXNSbnhBNGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Good news! The map has been sent in an update to the 3rd Party Modpack team and should hopefully be on the FTB Launcher fully functional and ready to play by the end of the week :) I will post back here when it is playable.