Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Sadly, MFR's api does not support adding pickable fruits without changing the block itself :(
Edit: Mekanisms API is great! So I added recipes for turning all raw Harvestcraft vegetables into biofuel. Now onto fruits...
I know I'd like to see someone take over Hunger Overhaul now that Iguana basically has other things to do. It made having food other than a potato farm viable.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Copied from the news thread.

[And in simi-vinilla news.]
"Bucket is discontinued." Says it's primary developer team.
"They have forgot that Bucket is now owned by mojand." Says mojang. "And it will continue".

Edit: The fallowing is a link to an article with more details. And this whole post will be copied to the red thread for the lols comments to fallow.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/21/m...tries-to-end-development-but-mojang-steps-in/

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Copied from the news thread.

[And in simi-vinilla news.]
"Bucket is discontinued." Says it's primary developer team.
"They have forgot that Bucket is now owned by mojand." Says mojang. "And it will continue".

Edit: The fallowing is a link to an article with more details. And this whole post will be copied to the red thread for the lols comments to fallow.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/21/m...tries-to-end-development-but-mojang-steps-in/

Ok, someone already posted a link to Jaded's response to it which explained everything about it several hours ago. The drama is done and over, let's try to stop reigniting the fire please.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, someone already posted a link to Jaded's response to it which explained everything about it several hours ago. The drama is done and over, let's try to stop reigniting the fire please.

Not trying to reignite any fire, but I am wondering about something that Jaded's response/summary (which is totally awesome, thank you) doesn't address. Specifically, the person who tried to stop bukkit was hired by Mojang a few years ago, along with three other bukkit devs. Are they no longer employed by Mojang? How could he/they not understand their relationship vis-a-vis Mojang? What are they/have they been working on for Mojang that would lead them to think of their bukkit work as not part of their employment? Bukkit was WHY they were originally hired.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Something I eventually plan to expand into in the future :D (I'm the Tails author btw, I mostly just lurk around here) However it's gonna take me a long to even reach that point so gonna release them as "smaller" mod(s) and eventually expand into a full player customisation mod assuming I have the time XD

that's a great plan, no need to wait till the whole mod is complete before releasing all those things if you can also release it bit by bit as smaller mods

Reactions: Fixided

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
While this is all terribly interesting and I enjoy reading it because it satisfies my inner wonk, could you guys maybe start a thread elsewhere and go through it all there? This isn't a discussion thread, it's a news and updates thread.

had I known it would have escalated so far I would have put it in a separate thread in the first place XD

Z3LPHas.png

etVXpYp.png

aXp1omA.png

a purple square that's actually a purple-encased real diamond that contributes to red sparklecows...? :O

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Not trying to reignite any fire, but I am wondering about something that Jaded's response/summary (which is totally awesome, thank you) doesn't address. Specifically, the person who tried to stop bukkit was hired by Mojang a few years ago, along with three other bukkit devs. Are they no longer employed by Mojang? How could he/they not understand their relationship vis-a-vis Mojang? What are they/have they been working on for Mojang that would lead them to think of their bukkit work as not part of their employment? Bukkit was WHY they were originally hired.
I believe he quit not longer after he was hired.

Reactions: RedBoss

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
You can now prove how much of a damn you do not give!

Santa's Toys 0.3 for Minecraft 1.7.10!
  • NEW: Logo image!
  • NEW: mcmod.info file!
  • NEW: Block of Damn Giving
  • TWEAK: The unlocalized names defined in the ItemInfo class weren't being used.
  • FIX: Removed unused language registry stuff from ItemHandler.
Here's the Block of Damn Giving:
http://puu.sh/b2J2N/f53bf4f50c.png
http://puu.sh/b2J2x/142ea8bfcf.png

Yes, it's ugly. I figured it would really go against the theme of the block to put much effort into it :p
...What does it say in the second picture?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
1.8 prerelease is available! Yay?
Yay! When will forge be updated? When are the FTB packs ready for 1.8? :p

Seriously though, I hope the modding community doesn't rush like lemmings over the 1.8 cliff. Wait a bit first for mojang to patch and repatch it.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft 1.8 prerelease is out, and 1.8 is coming out on the 2nd of September.
Added Mutton and Cooked Mutton
Okay then... not sure how much I like that in vanilla, but I guess its ok.
performance enhancements such as multi-threading the client-side chunk rendering
Now this is what I'm talking about!
Added a new player model with smaller arms, and a new player skin called Alex?
hmmm interesting. I wonder if this means we need to select Alex vs Steve in world creation
Block ID numbers (such as 1 for stone), are being replaced by ID names (such as minecraft:stone)
Took them long enough :p

This looks like one of the best updates yet imo

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
They've supposedly re-textured the mutton. I'm glad that they added that. Its never made sense that the other animals had food drops but not the sheep. The bunny models are horrible and done better in mods like Twilight Forest & Mo Creatures.

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanicSanta