Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
A nerf? Everything has been a buff since Thaumcraft 2
Oh, the glorious days of infinite spreading, unkillable Taint. >.>

Man, though. Why does TC have to make up for good or cool changes with ones that are trying to nerf already unpowered items or machines? I mean, the Infernal Furnace, a well-liked multiblock that's pretty balanced, is forbidden?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, the glorious days of infinite spreading, unkillable Taint. >.>

Man, though. Why does TC have to make up for good or cool changes with ones that are trying to nerf already unpowered items or machines? I mean, the Infernal Furnace, a well-liked multiblock that's pretty balanced, is forbidden?
Forbidden means you'll get Warp from it. Early on that really isn't that big of a deal. I'm playing around with it this afternoon and even the add ons have adopted it but its on specific items. TONS of things in Forbidden Magic will yield Warp. I wonder if add on interaction will add to the warp effect and unlock Eldritch Early? I doubt it and I've probably ruined it by saying this on the forums. :p

I hadn't planned to go deeply into Thaumcraft in 1.7 anyways. Its a HUGE mod and addons make it overwhelming. I wanna build houses man!

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
We just need something in Kami to remove warp
I'm just gonna roll with it for now before complaining. As much as I hated the original 4.0 research, even Azanor saw that it wasnt fun and changed it. As much as I hated the nerf to essentia pipes, golems work and there's an add on that replaces them. I'm just going to trust Azanor with the Warp change. I'll also trust that if its actually a bad change that he'll come up with a solution.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
The world could always use nerfing I say ^_^ If it was up to me, I'd remove vanilla healing mechanics and just use a slightly buffed version of ultra hardcore.

If this makes anyone feel better though, this might help protect from further nerfings.

Nerf+Tactical+Vest+-+05.JPG

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Before hating, why don't you pop TC 4.2 in an instance and test it out? Warp is a wonderful change, and while I'm not disabling it, I'd guess that disabling it will turn off the effects and not warp itself.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Where do you get the idea the intention was to deal with competition?
Sorry, worded that poorly. What I'm referencing is that this is a trend we've had before. When TE3, Mek and RoC were really starting to get amazing, IC2 nerfed itself. That didn't turn out well. Likewise, while other magic mods, such as BM, Witchery and of course Botania have been adding incredible features left and right, Thaumcraft.......nerfs itself.
Tbh, I'm really hoping for a witchery-style infusion (maybe even a new multiblock?) to 'cleanse' yourself of warp. Just think that would be cool.
Now this would be perfect. I'm all for new mechanics with both drawbacks and balanced ways to overcome those drawbacks.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Bound Fortress Armor?
My idea wouldn't add any armor. Its in my head and various scribbles. If only I knew how to code, I think its a great set of concepts. But no, not armor. Not tools. Beneficial, dangerous, high costs in the long run. Kinda like making a deal with the devil.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
My idea wouldn't add any armor. Its in my head and various scribbles. If only I knew how to code, I think its a great set of concepts. But no, not armor. Not tools. Beneficial, dangerous, high costs in the long run. Kinda like making a deal with the devil.
That's it. I'm adding you to the convo.