What's new in modded minecraft today?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
WayofTime @WayofTime · Aug 18
Not a new paradigm, no :p This is the entry machine with the new Alchemy Reagent system coming to Blood Magic

WayofTime @WayofTime · Aug 19
A good test on the variable rendering of the Reagent tank's contents pic.twitter.com/OAH3IFVJ1y

Hey gaiz!
0cfa50c8f7.png

00d1ee2e19.jpg

Yay more reagents!
27aa162457.jpg

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 16h
Extra Utils: 1.1.0h - Minor bugfixes and a minor transfer node nerf http://www.mediafire.com/download/3l44d2dr0tfhwd1/extrautilities-1.1.0h.jar…

The transfer node nerf is that you now have to place a piece of glowstone in an upgrade slot to get particles showing up.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 9h
Gasp! What could be going on here I wonder? pic.twitter.com/s70vj0HfPM

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
WayofTime @WayofTime · Aug 18
Not a new paradigm, no :p This is the entry machine with the new Alchemy Reagent system coming to Blood Magic

A good test on the variable rendering of the Reagent tank's contents pic.twitter.com/OAH3IFVJ1y

Hey gaiz!
0cfa50c8f7.png

00d1ee2e19.jpg

Yay more reagents!
27aa162457.jpg

Extra Utils: 1.1.0h - Minor bugfixes and a minor transfer node nerf http://www.mediafire.com/download/3l44d2dr0tfhwd1/extrautilities-1.1.0h.jar…

The transfer node nerf is that you now have to place a piece of glowstone in an upgrade slot to get particles showing up.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 9h
Gasp! What could be going on here I wonder? pic.twitter.com/s70vj0HfPM

Whoop ender quarry upgrades:D:D:D:D

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
vIX5nc5.png

So, what's so special about these blocks? ;)

Code:
{
    "name": "cobblestone",
    "default-texture": "cobblestone",
    "material": "rock",
    "hardness": 1,
    "drops": [
        {"item": "minecraft:cobblestone", "amount": "1"}
    ]
}
Code:
{
    "name": "dirt",
    "default-texture": "boop",
    "material": "dirt",
        {"item": "minecraft:dirt", "amount": "1"}
    ]
}

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
vIX5nc5.png

Code:
{
    ]
}
Code:
{
    ]
}
I haven't yet used Rock Digger, so what's changed?

Reactions: Fixided

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
vIX5nc5.png

Code:
{
    ]
}
Code:
{
    ]
}

You made the blocks characteristics variable?

If so you might want to consider making the variables changeable in game.

Reactions: Fixided

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Bees for 1.7.10!
Binnie‏@Binnie567
The download can be found here: http://bit.ly/1uZ43h9. There is also info there about the new mods.

bee-header.png

Extra Beesis the original mod, and adds many new bee species to Forestry. These bees produce a variety of products from both vanilla and modded minecraft. There is also a database to keep track of discovered species.

tree-header.png

Extra Trees was the second mod added to Binnie's Mods, and adds many new tree species. It also however adds many aesthetic blocks. There are new planks, stairs, fences and doors, along with a woodworker to design patterned tiles. In 2.0, there is also hedges, fence variations and stained glass patterns.

botany-header.png

Botanyis one of the two new mods in Binnie's Mods 2.0, and adds breedable flowers in a similar way to bees and trees in Forestry. These new flowers can be bred to give many different colours.

genetics-header.png

Geneticsis the other new mod in Binnie's Mods 2.0, and is a rework of the existing genetic machines in Extra Bees. These new machines work on bees, trees, butterflies and flowers, and involve sequencing and discovering genes to allow genetic manipulation.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
I find it hilarious when people complain about any mod like rotarycraft causing 'lag', when the irony is the actual reason for the 'lag' isnt anything to do with the mod itself, it's actually, surprise surprise, just minecraft's own code and design. 2 main parts to be specific;

- rendering, minecraft uses OpenGL1.1/1.2 (or at least in 1.6.4), the latest actual release is 4.5, openGL 1.2 was released 1998 and 99.9% of graphics hardware suitable of running games as small as minecraft support a bare minimum of openGL 3.2, all in all the main issue with this is minecraft _has no vertex shaders_. what does that mean? it means every single triangle in the game has each of it's 3 points calculated on the CPU and then sent to the GPU one-after-the-other. this takes absolutely ages in render terms, modern GPUs can process billions of vertices in complex shaders whereas any modern CPU will always struggle with less than a million.

- chunk updates, whenever a block or tile entity updates itself and sends data to the client, the code behind it involves un-wrapping, performing a 3-dimensional map-lookup and then un-wrapping the actual data to be force-applied to the tile in the client, sure doesn't sound too bad does it? not when you're updating hundreds to tens of thousands of them. One common discovery is that you don't get these lag issues in singleplayer, yet on a dedicated server your FPS might be a quarter or less of what it was just due to this alone. and/or the game will run super-stuttery.

at least in 1.7 mojang are actually trying to fix both of these in some way, however rendering will likely always still be slow unless they actually add a proper modern render pipeline with proper asset management. Such a thing however was something I was debating to have in the coremod of another W.I.P. mod I was working on, however it'll likely mean a lot of vanilla code changes and I just don't have that time atm for the mod itself let alone that, if anything it'll have to wait for about ~6 weeks minimum when my academy work drops off...

anyway if anyone 'needs' a simple power conversion mod for 1.6.4 (not sure when Ill update it atm) that doesn't contain any loss bugs, or if people might want to look at it's source;
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-power-inverters-mod-early-alpha.49496/

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Binnie's Mod for 1.7.10 that is potentially unstable?
Get your copy right here!
botany-header.png

Botany is one of the two new mods in Binnie's Mods 2.0, and adds breedable flowers in a similar way to bees and trees in Forestry. These new flowers can be bred to give many different colours.

genetics-header.png

Genetics is the other new mod in Binnie's Mods 2.0, and is a rework of the existing genetic machines in Extra Bees. These new machines work on bees, trees, butterflies and flowers, and involve sequencing and discovering genes to allow genetic manipulation.

bee-header.png

Extra Bees is the original mod, and adds many new bee species to Forestry. These bees produce a variety of products from both vanilla and modded minecraft. There is also a database to keep track of discovered species.

tree-header.png

Extra Trees was the second mod added to Binnie's Mods, and adds many new tree species. It also however adds many aesthetic blocks. There are new planks, stairs, fences and doors, along with a woodworker to design patterned tiles. In 2.0, there is also hedges, fence variations and stained glass patterns.
First release for 1.7.10. Contains the two new mods, Genetics and Botany, as well as various new things in Extra Trees. The genetic machines in Extra Bees have now been discontinued.

This is a very early dev build. The only guarantee is that it will start (maybe). Only use on test worlds.

IS NOT BACKWARD COMPATIBLE. DO NOT USE WITH WORLD'S UPGRADED FROM MINECRAFT 1.6.x CONTAINING BINNIE'S MODS 1.8.0 .

I got ninja'd because I was trying to fit the other updates as well :(
=======================================

D3 Core (DoubleDoorDevelopment)
Our "Core" Mod that allows us to simplify some features and configuration options.

What does it do?
Sick of configuring each mod in a text editor? Now you can find them all in one place! Just click Mods, Find D3 Core and click the Config button! BAM Configs at your fingertips!
ayiEijW.png

YOU MUST HAVE THIS TO USE OUR MODS!

Not 1 but 2! That's right two! RF generating Solar panels!

Solar Flux
The mod adds 6 tiers of solar panels that produce Redstone Flux.

Information on the different tiers:

1. Produces 2 RF/tick. Internal storage 50,000. Transfer 8 RF/tick
  2. Produces 16 RF/tick. Internal storage 250,000. Transfer 64 RF/tick
  3. Produces 64 RF/tick. Internal storage 850,000. Transfer 256 RF/tick
  4. Produces 256 RF/tick. Internal storage 4,000,000. Transfer 1,024 RF/tick
  5. Produces 1,024 RF/tick. Internal storage 16,000,000. Transfer 4,096 RF/tick
  6. Produces 4,096 RF/tick. Internal storage 60,000,000. Transfer 16,384 RF/tick

Solar Expansion
The Mod Adds 4 Tiers Of Solar Panels:

• Generation 40RF/t, Transfer 80RF/t, Capacity 1.000RF
  • Generation 160RF/t, Transfer 320RF/t, Capacity 10.000RF
  • Generation 640RF/t, Transfer 1280RF/t, Capacity 100.000RF
  • Generation 2560RF/t, Transfer 5120RF/t, Capacity 1.000.000RF

Gany's Surface 1.9.0
-Fix: Dislocators not being craftable

-Removed BuildCraft integration for dislocators. Was causing too many crashes, and the BC api is changing so I'l wait until BC 6.1 to be released officially.

-Added breaking animation for chests
-Baby zombies ride chickens
-Fix crash with portable work table
-Several rendering improvements
-Added pine cones and nuts. They drop from spruce leaves just like apples do from oak leaves
-Added 1.8 doors
-Update mutton texture
-Added inverted daylight sensor (right click a normal daylight sensor to invert it)
-Endermen now drop the block they are carrying
-Added leaf walls
-Nerf poop (crafts less fertiliser)
-Infinity enchant on bows no longer requires players to have 1 arrow in their inventory
-Added quivers (right click to fill with arrows)
-Added recipe for re-dyeing carpets and stained glass
-Added block of charcoal

Gany's surface is amazing :D
Inverted daylight sensor? Sure, you could name it nighlight sensor, but "inverted" has vocabulary!

EnderTech 0.2.0.[267, 270, 273, 274]
Changes:

• Localised all hard-coded messages. Submit PRs to GitHub with your language addition and Arkan will take a look at them.
Please report any errors or missing translations on GitHub or in IRC.

• You should always use a wrench to dismantle tanks!
    If using a wrench, a warning will be displayed when you try to wrench the last part of a tank that once contained fluids. This is to make sure you don't lose potentially tens of thousands of buckets of fluid accidentally. You must break the final block manually with a pickaxe (at which point you receive no warning).
  • Exchanger cost changes (TL;DR: breaking soft things got easier, breaking hard things got harder),
    The cost of exchanging an item now consists of several configurable components:
    1. A base cost, defaulting to 4096
    2. A hardness cost, defaulting to block hardness * 128,
    3. A radius cost, defaulting to radius * 256,
    4. A minimum total cost, defaulting to 4096,
    5. A maximum total cost, defaulting to 16384.
  • Important: Fixed some strange tank upgrade behaviour that could result in loss. Please report if you change tank size and find the contents doesn't transfer to a sub-structure.

HQM- The Journey 4.2.0
  • Changed : The layout of the book, we made it more clear, less clutter.
  • Added : Reputation system.
  • Added : Ability to define how many parent quests need to be completed before unlocking.
  • Fixed : Clicking "OK" when a task has no name, reverting to Unnamed.
  • Fixed : Added support for some more custom item renderers.
Some O' Dem Lil' Updates:

Steve's Workshop 0.4.1
Fixed a duplication bug that happened when breaking the Production Table.

Automagy 0.6.2
- Fixed a potential problem with the entity detector when many entities are around.

Player Proxies 1.1.3
- Fixes the game crashing when breaking shiney glass

Gravestones 2.9.2
  • Fix Mariculture compatibility bug.
  • Fix "chisel bug" on server.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @Azanor and Baubles
Azanor said:
Baubles 1.0.1.5
onUnequip will now only be called once if a bauble is removed via shift-click

and @Nuchaz with an update for BiblioWoods
Nuchaz said:
I just posted the download links on the addons page for new versions of BiblioWoods for Forestry, Biomes O Plenty and Natura. This includes an important fix for the Forestry edition regarding Forestry 3.x that was causing crashes. The fix is backward compatible and should work for all versions of forestry for Minecraft v1.7.2 and 1.7.10. There has been quite a bit of localization updates thanks to everyone who has been contributing and the newest versions on github as of today are included. Also fixed in the Biomes O Plenty edition were the missing textures. The Ethereal wood texture is working on everything now.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments here, on the official forum post on the minecraft forums or on github. Head on over to the addons page to find the new download links, and as always, Enjoy! :D

and RWTema with some new shinies for Extra Utilities
RWTema said:
Extra Utilities 1.1.0i
Added: Ender-Quarry Upgrades
Added: Hyper-Energy node
Added: QED Ore Processing
Changed: Recipes for 64x generators
Changed: Endermarkers auto-rotate to nearby solid surfaces
Changed: QED cannot have items inserted automatically
Changed: Disabled converting Energy nodes to Multiparts (until an FMP crash is fixed)
Changed: Reverted nerf on Speed upgrade recipe
Fixed: Server/Client crash
Hopefully Fixed: Rewrote EnderTransmitter code to prevent world leaks (haven't had time to properly test sadly so hopefully this won't explode)

and a new mod by @shadowsyllvet called Peaceful to Dye for
it's a very simple mod which is very useful for peaceful players
shadowsyllvet said:
q5OjG9k.gif

After getting tired of using other mods to get items in peaceful mode that are normally only available in easy-hard modes, I decided to try my hand at modding. The style I decided to go with was using dyes to make different vanilla items. As this is my first mod and I have zero java experience prior to this(some basic c++ tho), I hope to get feedback from the community to improve on it as well as modding advice on how to better code it.

This mod adds the ability to turn the primary colors of wool into dye(White, Black, Brown, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow)
These are dyes that cannot be made using different dye combinations. EX: Red + Yellow = Purple while Yellow + Blue != Green(I add this in tho :))

Further, it adds recipes to turn the dye into items.

Recipes:
xdMYJZn.png
This "should" work on servers, if the server has it installed.

This does not add new blocks/items. You can remove/add the mod from/to existing worlds without consequence(lose the recipes tho derp)

I plan on making the mob drop recipes available only on peaceful mode, but at present don't know how to do that.
That way players will still be able to use the wool to dye recipes without being able to take the easy path when there are mobs available to slay. Any help on this aspect would be appreciated!

I also plan on changing the wither skeleton skulls recipe as it's too op. But I'm stuck on what to change it to. Any suggestions?
Here's the Download.
This version seems to be compatible with 1.7.2 as well.

Download

Instal:
1: download
2: drag and drop into either .mincraft/mods/1.7.2 or .mincraft/mods/1.7.10
3: play!​

and another new mod by @mm4cc called Amalgam which looks pretty interesting
mm4cc said:

Amalgam brings a new way of crafting to minecraft! It allows incredible customization of tools, swords and armor by allowing you to combine the properties of different crafting materials together. Using the stone crucible you can combine any amount of iron, gold and diamond together into an amalgam with the properties you desire, and using that amalgam on the casting table you can make weapons, tools and armor with varying attributes.

This mod adds:

Stone Crucible: Used for melting and combining materials. Requires a heat source. Don't jump in, you will catch on fire!

Casting Table: Used to cast items out of amalgam. Pressing on empty slots in the GUI will allow you to form different casting patterns that will allow you to create different items.

Stone Tongs: Used to move liquid amalgam around. You need these to get amalgam out of the crucible and onto the casting table.

Amalgam Sword, Pickaxe, Axe, Shovel, Hoe, Helmet, Chestplate, Leggings, and Boots: These are all created on the casting table with amalgam and will have different attributes depending on the properties of the amalgam used to make them.

* This mod is almost release ready, if anyone wants to help test the mod download it and give me feedback, find bugs, etc. Also I am horrible at making textures, if someone thinks they can do better feel free to send me new textures for anything and everything in the mod*
Github
Requires Forge 1.7.10-10.13.0.1203 or higher
Download

88VoidMiner88

Jul 29, 2019
I find it hilarious when people complain about any mod like rotarycraft causing 'lag', when the irony is the actual reason for the 'lag' isnt anything to do with the mod itself, it's actually, surprise surprise, just minecraft's own code and design. 2 main parts to be specific;

- rendering, minecraft uses OpenGL1.1/1.2 (or at least in 1.6.4), the latest actual release is 4.5, openGL 1.2 was released 1998 and 99.9% of graphics hardware suitable of running games as small as minecraft support a bare minimum of openGL 3.2, all in all the main issue with this is minecraft _has no vertex shaders_. what does that mean? it means every single triangle in the game has each of it's 3 points calculated on the CPU and then sent to the GPU one-after-the-other. this takes absolutely ages in render terms, modern GPUs can process billions of vertices in complex shaders whereas any modern CPU will always struggle with less than a million.

- chunk updates, whenever a block or tile entity updates itself and sends data to the client, the code behind it involves un-wrapping, performing a 3-dimensional map-lookup and then un-wrapping the actual data to be force-applied to the tile in the client, sure doesn't sound too bad does it? not when you're updating hundreds to tens of thousands of them. One common discovery is that you don't get these lag issues in singleplayer, yet on a dedicated server your FPS might be a quarter or less of what it was just due to this alone. and/or the game will run super-stuttery.

at least in 1.7 mojang are actually trying to fix both of these in some way, however rendering will likely always still be slow unless they actually add a proper modern render pipeline with proper asset management. Such a thing however was something I was debating to have in the coremod of another W.I.P. mod I was working on, however it'll likely mean a lot of vanilla code changes and I just don't have that time atm for the mod itself let alone that, if anything it'll have to wait for about ~6 weeks minimum when my academy work drops off...

anyway if anyone 'needs' a simple power conversion mod for 1.6.4 (not sure when Ill update it atm) that doesn't contain any loss bugs, or if people might want to look at it's source;
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-power-inverters-mod-early-alpha.49496/
I think they have plans to update the opengl to a newer version, but they are afraid older machines wouldnt be compatible