What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
XD headcrumbs is reaaaalllllyyyy old news. (like 50 pages back news)

it's new on the MCF, only a day old, that's why I posted the update

also @tonius11 has ported NEI Plugins to 1.7.10
tonius11 said:
Added NEI Plugins Unofficial. A near-straight port of NEI Plugins from 1.6.4, with some added mod support.

glad to see a port for this, even though it's unofficial, because it's a really useful plugin for NEI

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like some feedback if possible.

2909558f98.png

28e6e24416.png

5c9342eb81.png

2d26475be8.png

b372f11d0c.png

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019

2909558f98.png

28e6e24416.png

5c9342eb81.png

2d26475be8.png

b372f11d0c.png

What about something similar to Steam Workshops; mod authors submit their mods to the database and, pending approval, would be cleared to send the updated files to the client. Of course, this would require a lot of work but is one way to safely monitor mods.

Reactions: Fixided

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No real reason it wouldn't work, but a lot of the players on this forum are fire-and-forget pack players; they'll get stressed out if they see half their pack is outta date and either harass FTB to release new versions even more than they already do, or file bug reports when they fail at updating mods themselves.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'd have spoof update concerns as well. This is high level stuff as well. Anything released for mass consumption should be as idiot proof as possible. This would open a situation where your mod would not have done anything wrong, and naive 10 year old user goes to Google to get the latest version of "x mod name". They'd get the link with the mod "shady website" and now their pc is full of malware.

It could prove useful for experienced users though, so I'm not saying not to make it. I could have used it last week when I had an out of date mod causing shenanigans that had been fixed in the latest version for a week.

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019
What about something similar to Steam Workshops; mod authors submit their mods to the database and, pending approval, would be cleared to send the updated files to the client. Of course, this would require a lot of work but is one way to safely monitor mods.
Mh, Curse and the in the works client? At least it sounds like it's going to be something along those lines.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
More subjective terms! How is it the best? Defensively? In abilities?
The best possible armor you can get in Dartcraft, with defensive abilities similar to an enchanted iron armor (maybe full protection II or III), a speed boost, flight, a nice double jump, water/lava walking, and complete fire immunity (including lava). If I recall correctly, the only upgrades left would power up your punches, camouflage your armor so your skin is visible, or power your armor with EU instead of liquid force.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
RWTema @Extra_Utilities · Aug 17
In other news, the mice now spawn in long grass and run away from the player. Planning to have Mantekitties hunt them for food.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 7h
Created a debug method for visualizing entity path finding and movement. pic.twitter.com/SilS5imKeZ

The AI code is coming along. Mantekitties are very capable hunters that shoot poisonous spines to disable you before closing for the kill.

Oh yeah, I also made Mantekitties natural predators of creepers, (their poison spines temporarily disable their ability to explode).

WayofTime @WayofTime · 5h
As soon as the new Forge is released for 1.8, I will be starting to develop Blood Magic for it! Hopefully this will help other modders

WayofTime @WayofTime · 5h
If you are a modder still on 1.6, or thinking on holding back from updating to 1.8, PLEASE reconsider and make this a fast update!

WayofTime @WayofTime · 8m
Getting close to something workable! pic.twitter.com/cN8JOJvpUL

Last edited:

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
New (WIP) mod by Player, EnetBridge, which allows us to convert EU into MJ, RF and vice versa.
Player said:
This addon allows to use the RF and MJ APIs from the IC2 energy net. The transition is without converter blocks or nasty hacks, it's just using the delegate capabilities of the IC2 energy net API to do so.

The conversion ratios are currently fixed and rather arbitrary, this addon is mostly a proof of concept.

EU <-> RF 3:50
EU <-> MJ 3:1

Dis-/charging RF items from any IC2 dis-/charge slot is supported as well. You can run wires directly between RF or MJ blocks.

Limitations:
  • MJ -> EU is not supported due to BC 6.0 API limitations, it may be doable once I port to BC 6.1.
  • Minor loss may happen with RF due to rounding issues.
  • Performance may suffer due to RF API limitations, it's not possible to check if a side is input or output directly and statically.
  • The lack of direct notifications about placement, removal, connectivity changes etc. requires polling which isn't ideal.
  • RF input/output detection may not always work properly.
  • The IC2 1.7.10 energy net api doesn't expose directions everywhere, potentially causing unexpected results with blocks having multiple internal energy storages.
  • Connecting to TE engines doesn't work as they don't expose their storage.
  • There are no configuration capabilities.

Don't forget to backup your world regularly.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Here are some updates!

Special limited edition!
*No images included!

Ex Nihilo 1.35b
- Fixed the long-standing oversight that allowed weak hammers to mine metals that should require a much higher tier tool.
- Fixed another handful of bugs with the ore generation system.

FLORA 1.0.5
-Big texture change

Gravestones 2.9.1
-Fix game crash(remove forestry reciepes)

Gendustry 1.1.3.fix1 for 1.6.4
This is a small bugfix for apiaries not recognizing biome changes made by other mods.

BluePower 0.1.674
-Fixed a couple of tube crashes
-New textures and recipes

Rougelike Dungeons 1.3.5
- Added secret rooms
- Added fireworks room
- Added bedrooms
- Added new configuration settings
- Added NBT support for item and spawner customisation
- Added reward room
- Removed dead-end hallways
- Fixed Potion Mixtures
- Fixed Bug with striped block filler
- Fixed bug with hollow block filler

Ender IO 2.0_beta.182
New / Changed
- #885 Have Killer Joe face away from player when placed
- #888 Improved death message for Killer Joe
- #878 Added keyboard shortcut to change Yeta Wrench modes

Bugs
- #860 Item conduit forgets its state/settings if attached object is removed/replaced
- #863 Crash with Configure IO button and Carpenter's Blocks
- #881 farmer doesn't stop when full
- #884 Conduit connection problem with big reactors mod
- #887 Quite Clear Glass dripping
- #890 Infinite Energy with BuildCraft engines
- #892 Crash when botania mana tablet used as Travel Anchor label

Electrical Age 1.9_[r36, r37, r38, r39]
BETA-1.9_r39
  • Add recipe for Energy Meter
  • Fix wireless repeater issue
BETA-1.9_r38
  • Adding energy counter and advanced energy counter blocks with lovely model
  • New lamp socket model
  • Betther electricalAge_tutorialmap with a intro that explain electricity basics
  • Add a room into electricalAge_tutorialmap with energy counter
  • Lamp supply range can be extanded by puting more cable into slot.
  • Fix issue with IIconRegistry
BETA-1.9_r37
  • Now electrical simulation is done only on loaded worlds (including unloaded chunks)
  • New electrical nodes save system that remove coruption probabilities
  • Use new RF API
  • add x-ray scanner disable flag
BETA-1.8_r36
  • Now shader mods break less some visual effect
  • Rework a sounrd atenuation through blocks
  • Fix turbine electrical simulation calculation accurency errors
  • restaure diodes
  • Add explosion disable flag into Eln.cfg
  • Fix replicator spawning overflow (limit the population to 100)
  • Fix battery charger block syncronisation between client and server
  • Change some recipe (autominer, advanced elctrical motor, magnet)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Erogenous Beef with Big Reactors
Erogenous Beef said:
Big Reactors 0.4.0rc3
  • Bugfix: Cyanite reprocessors erroneously dismantled themselves when NEI's new overlay system queried them, causing them to dismantle whenever a player looked at them. This has been fixed.
  • Bugfix: Rebuilt with SunJDK, which seems to fix odd, unexplainable errors when rc2 (which was the first and only release built on openJDK) runs on plain-vanilla Forge servers. (Installing Cauldron resolves the odd errors. Go figure.)

and @bdew with Gendustry
bdew said:
Gendustry 1.3.1
  • Updated to Forestry 3 (which is now minimum required version)
  • Fixed BuildCraft triggers