[1.7.10][Public] MechanicalTitan Pack

Huene

Jul 29, 2019
i agree with brizzle on these points i am very happy you like the pack so much and are able to add the mods you like but on a general basis i think those mods will take away from the game rather than add to it

Yeah I knew the first two wouldn't be useful, the only one I thought might be worth mentioning was Gregs Stargate, I only mentioned the other two to illustrate how perfectly in tune I am with this pack

raggedreece

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps you could add them as optional mods? or disabled by default would be more likely in the case of the ftb launcher.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps you could add them as optional mods? or disabled by default would be more likely in the case of the ftb launcher.
Nah if that was the case we might as well add every single mod out there disabled and let people enable them. That's a very bad idea :pwouldnt be mush of a modpack that way. also remember we have to update every mod we add. Its much easier to have others add to the pack themselves any mods they really want.

Last edited:

raggedreece

Jul 29, 2019
Fair point, I'm actually quite surprised that the modders havn't come together and just allocated ids to each one, or at least the big ones that are used in most packs, though I'm sure it would take a lot of effort, it could resolve a lot of issues.

Huene

Jul 29, 2019
Fair point, I'm actually quite surprised that the modders havn't come together and just allocated ids to each one, or at least the big ones that are used in most packs, though I'm sure it would take a lot of effort, it could resolve a lot of issues.
The feed the beast team generally does that and I'm pretty sure that's turning into the standard. But there's more to update besides ids for example duplicate ore types can throw off balance.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
there are no ids on the front end anymore so i dont know what you mean![DOUBLEPOST=1408389343][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got this bug when I tried launching it http://pastebin.com/85tRsE2f
I am not posting this in github as I don't want to make an account :)
not enough memory allocated

raggedreece

Jul 29, 2019
Did 3gb. Nothing
Perhaps try upping the permgen size to say 512? That probably won't work but it might be worth a shot, or java 8 doesn't use permgen anymore afair so you could test that, like I said just an idea and I have no idea if it'll work.

Hippo

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any plans of tweaking the Blood Magic meteors? Maybe turn down some numbers and add ores like osmium, dark iron etc?

Huene

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, Was MFFS removed? it doesn't seem to be loading up in 1.3.3, I want to recreate this again

:D

Last edited: