Efficient Way of Pushing Mobs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I know there are multiple ways of doing this in the Monster pack, but the OpenBlocks fans aren't good enough and I don't want to get into RotaryCraft just yet. So what should I use?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
How about the conveyor belts from minefactory reloaded? Those are a really nice method for it, That is usually what I use when I need to transport mobs around :)

Another possible extremely vanilla way of doing it is minecarts on tracks.

Reactions: PierceSG

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
How about the conveyor belts from minefactory reloaded? Those are a really nice method for it, That is usually what I use when I need to transport mobs around :)

Another possible extremely vanilla way of doing it is minecarts on tracks.
Mobs can't spawn on either of those things.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Mobs can't spawn on either of those things.
What means of spawning are you using that requires a floor? Normal dark room or what?

As for moving mobs I have to agree with the use of the TT magnet thingies for mobs.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why not just use an mfr grinder?
Yeah my thought exactly. The Grinder have pretty much the same range as any pushing/pulling means you can find, so might as well just kill them on the spot. If the room is more than 10 blocks across, you could just make a pillar in the middle with the grinder(s) embedded.

Reactions: RedBoss