Efficient Way of Pushing Mobs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You could cover 2 5x5 with a single grinder. Have CE at lvl 1 and 5 put the grinder at lvl 4 since it cover 5 high
A nice trick with that I noticed, is that if you are holding a Precision Sledgehammer the "boundary boxes" of the grinders, autospawners and possible other MFR stuff show up as ghost tracings.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Make a hopper shaped tower made of cursed earth and water. Chunkload it and put grinders at the bottom of it.

Edit, you can use conveyors instead of water.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Make a hopper shaped tower made of cursed earth and water. Chunkload it and put grinders at the bottom of it.

Edit, you can use conveyors instead of water.
Does cursed earth even work underwater? I don't think it does.

A hopper-shaped tower with OpenBlocks fans on the outside and a Corporeal Attractor or RoC Bait Box in the middle might work, though.

Also, why do you need to push them? If you make a vanilla-style drop tower sort of thing, you can put signs or something on the edge of the hole, which the mobs will eventually stumble onto and fall through. You could use this to concentrate the mobs into the range of a bunch of Grinders, iron spikes, or whatever below.

Also, last I checked, Grinders seem to be able to eat mobs a few y-levels above the grinder itself. You may be able to put one every 10 blocks or so under your cursed earth, and mobs will eventually wander into the range of one of them.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I know u dont wanna go into RotaryCraft, but such a large spawner u might wanna consider using the baitbox. Fully powered it has a range of 128 blocks in any direction and will attract mobs specified in its UI.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I know u dont wanna go into RotaryCraft, but such a large spawner u might wanna consider using the baitbox. Fully powered it has a range of 128 blocks in any direction and will attract mobs specified in its UI.
I'm not really all that fantastic with complex mods, especially in the Summer holidays.

Lost Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Use Drawbridges from Tinker's Mechworks, put the cursed earth in them. Below them use a conveyer of your choice (gap of three blocks) to move them mobs to a grinder (or water if you don't care about Endermen). I tend to set the on/off states so that the drawbridges on are on for 30s and off for 8-10 (Project Red State Cells are your friends here). Plus if you set the system up correctly when the drawbridges are forced off you prevent all spawns.

Reactions: E_DM_B