[Tutorial] How to install shaders

Amaghique

Jul 29, 2019
so im using this with the new MagicFarm2 modpack, and my fps, even with the shader off, looks like its having a hangover.

"Once done downloading, take the ShadersModCore.jar and put it into your FTBModpack\minecraft\mods folder. Run minecraft, then exit once you get to the main menu"

when i put the .jar into the mods folder and opened up MF2, i immediately noticed the dip in fps. like i said, shaders were not on at this point. (of course SEUS wasnt installed yet).
then i replicated the step directly after that and the fps was still trash.

the fps is only bad at the main menu and when i am playing on a world. when i am in-session however and i press esc to go to the menu, my fps jumps right back up. everything looks normal. so the fps is only bad outside of the in-game menu. i messed around with the graphics settings, the shader settings, i turned the shaders off and on again, no difference whatsoever. I've run shaders before with no problems, way back before this was updated to 1.6. im running on 16 gb of RAM, and i have a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 graphics card so im pretty sure my pc is not the issue (at least i dont think so). please help!

Jeremy Tadman

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried this on direwolf20 1.6.4 and without any shaders installed and no optifine the game is running around 3-5 FPS on the title screen. I can't even get into the game. I get around 50fps in-game with shaders on vanilla but with mods installed it just doesn't work right. Anyone else had this experience with direwolf20 pack and has fixed it?

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I have done exactly as said, but when loading the "shaders" (double click) nothing happens, it just regens the terrain :/

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent a few hours trying to get this to work, minecraft just crashes with this mod in the mods folder, had to remove it in order to get minecraft to work.

Fjoobd

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you who can't get it to work with ftb. Try the following:

Before starting make sure you have the default texture pack enabled - important

• Place "ShadersModCore" into "FTB Modpack\minecraft\mods\1.6.4"
  • Then do the rest as the original post states

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to do this without a texture pack? I got to the screen in options that says shaders, then selected the option that said shaders, but when I entered the game I couldn't tell any difference. I tried to add a texture pack but it won't load up. It just freezes and the loading screen. I got to the game once, but it froze the second I entered.

I allocated 8gig of ram to ftb, my system has 16

NVIDIA GTX750-2GD5 graphics card with 2GB video memory

i7 processer.

Any ideas?

DarkMisfortune

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you who can't get it to work with ftb. Try the following:

Before starting make sure you have the default texture pack enabled - important

• Place "ShadersModCore" into "FTB Modpack\minecraft\mods\1.6.4"
  • Then do the rest as the original post states

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That was it! lol... feel so dumb.