What's new in modded minecraft today?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
WOuld it be that bad? I'm sure someone's made one befoire in whatever modelling software was used, it'd be pretty simple to find one online.
Model aren't that simple.
There are dozens of things that have to be done for a effect like that, literally dozens.

Reactions: Fixided

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
Model aren't that simple.
There are dozens of things that have to be done for a effect like that, literally dozens.
Oh its not that bad... its just a couple of blender models with some fancy render code, Some TESR,s similar to the ons used for beacons and some custom particles and... well thats about it. The part that took the most work was the logic to make everything work... now i know why most multiblocks are just big variable sized blocks...

Reactions: Fixided and MarvyCZ

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Helpful Villagers: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...necraft-mods/2162777-helpful-villagers-v1-0-2

Changes villagers to be more useful. Currently has a lumberjack, miner and farmer professions. Villager automation (although slow and usual MC derpyness), with plans for Villager Autocrafting and a Villager Merchant (which is like a normal trader) and no doubt a lot more.

I'll be giving this a trial, see how it behaves in a heavily modded environment, what with mod added villagers, ores, trees & crops.
This looks fantastic; hope you comment here or somewhere what you find out. I'm curious.

Reactions: Fixided

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya, I am here to explain one of the most prominent changes in the Erebus for the next update:

NEW PORTAL [WARNING: a small wall of text awaits you]
The Erebus @TheErebusDev · Aug 5
We are working on a new, more interesting portal. @iLexiconn has been doing a good job. pic.twitter.com/bRibzvf7PN

This new portal looks a lot more interesting than the old one, that's for sure. But... What could that thing be on top of it... You know, with the beam coming out? That is simply a Gaean Keystone, an activated one, that is.

As you might know, in prior version, the Portal Activator was crafted with a Spider Eye and two Sticks. Seems a bit lacking for such a dimension, ey? That's why we are introducing a much more interesting system to get the staff (which needs to be placed in the Keystone to activate the portal).

tJhp1z1.png

This model thingy is the Offering Altar. More advanced offering to deities will most likely be part of animation magic, but this thing is pretty much completely seperate.

The currently planned way of crafting the Staff of Gaea (aka the new Portal Activator) is by using a few Sticks, Vines, a Gold Ingot and a Gaean Gem. The Gaean Gem will be obtained by placing a Diamond, an Emerald and a piece of Obsidian on top of the Offering Altar and activating it (with a redstone signal, for lack of a better method). Blahblah, zip-zap, swoosh, particles, and tadaah, out pops a Gaean Gem.

This new way of crafting stuffs is pretty lore-friendly and overall much more interesting than most portals I've seen in a while (though the Twilight Forest portal still has a special place in my heart). I hope yer all excited.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Soaryn has a mod?

gIBXhzI.jpg

Helpful Villagers: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...necraft-mods/2162777-helpful-villagers-v1-0-2

Changes villagers to be more useful. Currently has a lumberjack, miner and farmer professions. Villager automation (although slow and usual MC derpyness), with plans for Villager Autocrafting and a Villager Merchant (which is like a normal trader) and no doubt a lot more.

I'll be giving this a trial, see how it behaves in a heavily modded environment, what with mod added villagers, ores, trees & crops.

would be awesome if villages could spread. for example if one village gets too large, a few villagers leave and create a village of their own a few hundred blocks away
I believe Millénaire could do this, and it's a fun mod, but it's too buggy for me

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
would be awesome if villages could spread. for example if one village gets too large, a few villagers leave and create a village of their own a few hundred blocks away
I believe Millénaire could do this, and it's a fun mod, but it's too buggy for me
Then they will make a revolution and overthrow the Steve oppression.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Fixided

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What did Steve ever do to them?
Um, other than the whole witchery thing.
I think it's quicker to say what has Steve not done to them? The answer is nothing...
Many minecraft versions (aka centuries) of being blown up, irradiated, chopped, sliced, diced, boiled, melted and god knows what else appears to have resulted in an evolutionary (aka modded) response.
It's still not enough though, muahahaha evil laugh.... Now it's basically possible to have your own working slave camp in minecraft...

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's quicker to say what has Steve not done to them? The answer is nothing...
Many minecraft versions (aka centuries) of being blown up, irradiated, chopped, sliced, diced, boiled, melted and god knows what else appears to have resulted in an evolutionary (aka modded) response.
It's still not enough though, muahahaha evil laugh.... Now it's basically possible to have your own working slave camp in minecraft...

It seems adding drones of some sort has been the thing in modded minecraft, so much so, that even vanilla is adding it's version of drones