Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
Is there definitely not going to be a Monster 1.1.3? I'd like to upgrade our server to 1.1.2 but not if it is not the final version of the modpack before 1.6.4 development is discontinued.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
So despite a lot of googling I haven't been able to find the answer to this simple question:

How high can a TC4 golem reach? Specifically, how tall can I stack my void jars before I have to start giving my golems steps to go up?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Is there definitely not going to be a Monster 1.1.3? I'd like to upgrade our server to 1.1.2 but not if it is not the final version of the modpack before 1.6.4 development is discontinued.
No, all official FTB modpacks for 1.6 have frozen, except for Eyamaz's BloodNBones modpack that continues to update to fix bugs.
So, your best bet would to start over on 1.7.10 or 1.8 and enjoy the fresh, new and unexplored. :)

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
A thread on these forums, I believe, but my memory of it is so vague it could've been about TC3 at this point.

malphos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble understanding how the Applied Energistics (Techworld2 pack) crafting CPUs work.

I have a cube 6x6x6 with the core having 2 halves of 32 cpus/32 pattern storage.

The ME system works but it seems really slow when crafting. When I look at the crafting display, it seems to only be doing 1 item at a time. Shouldn't it be able to craft 32 items in tandem?

For example: If I tell it to make a x27 Upgrade for JABBA barrels, it will queue up the x27, the three x9, the three x3, and the three x1 and start making them up the chain from the bottom up. I thought it is supposed to see it needs twenty-seven x1 upgrades in total, use 27 cpus to craft them in 3 ticks, and then go up the supply chain.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. It has nothing to do with CPUs, the auto-crafting just isn't very smart about crafting chains in bulk. I believe the point of multiple CPUs is to handle multiple user requests in tandem.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So despite a lot of googling I haven't been able to find the answer to this simple question:

How high can a TC4 golem reach? Specifically, how tall can I stack my void jars before I have to start giving my golems steps to go up?
I seem to remember Direwolf20 saying recently that golems could reach the block at their height, the block above, and the block below. So, your golems should be able to fill a three-block stack of jars, if the bottom layer is buried in the ground.

In any case, this should be easy to test.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. It has nothing to do with CPUs, the auto-crafting just isn't very smart about crafting chains in bulk. I believe the point of multiple CPUs is to handle multiple user requests in tandem.
So, one could bypass this "feature" by manually requesting all the first-step items, then the second-step, then the third and fourth etc.?

Do BM green grove sigils work on Ender-Lilies? Also, can they go in bound armor? (Just haven't had time to test this second one yet...)
Also, how many sigils does a demon shard make available in bound armor as opposed to weak shards, which need one per sigil?

More questions!
Does the "frost" component from AM2 (1.1.2b) actually do anything other than apparently slow the target down?
How can you stack the AoE component, as I've seen others do? (E.g. "dig, aoe, aoe" for a 5x5 hole; at least, that's what I saw once...)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Do BM green grove sigils work on Ender-Lilies? Also, can they go in bound armor? (Just haven't had time to test this second one yet...)
Also, how many sigils does a demon shard make available in bound armor as opposed to weak shards, which need one per sigil?

I think so. Yes. Two.

Reactions: Eruantien

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of other simple questions, I hope. Is there anything I need to be aware of as a server admin when upgrading from Monster 1.1.1 to Monster 1.1.2?

I've read that for x.y.z to x.y.z+1 version changes that the world saves should be compatible - this is true, right?

Will complex machine setups break? I've got a couple people with AE and BuildCraft pipe networks.

The upgrade process itself: I overwrite the server jar file with the new version and copy updated mods into the mod folder. Do I also need to erase and regenerate the mod config files?

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
They are just incredibly slow to grow, then... even on endstone. Can the ender-core-things be used in 1.6.4, or is that 1.7.X only?
Yes, and while still quite slow to grow, it is faster than end stone. I have 3 end stone and 3 ender cores with lilies on them in AgSkies, and when harvesting all can reharvest the ender core lilies again first.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
They are just incredibly slow to grow, then... even on endstone. Can the ender-core-things be used in 1.6.4, or is that 1.7.X only?
I saw on Dire's 1.7 serverplay that tick-rate affecting items like the green grove only affect ender-lillies on the ender-core. I don't know if this applies to 1.6, though.