Modpack similar to Hexxit

Meeples

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking for something similar to Hexxit for 1.6.X to run on a small server for friends and I, but I've had a lot of troubles finding something that stands out. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot of people have suggested moving over to something from FTB instead of Technic, but I'm not sure what would suit!

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Direwolf20 is a common choice, Horizons has the most unusual and mystical mods, FTB Lite 2 for lower-end PCs.
Magic World 2 for magic. Tech World 2 for tech. There's also third-party modpacks.
Now, if it you want hardcore, go for BloodNBones, Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest is also a singleplayer/multiplayer skyblock survival modpack.

A lot of people have suggested moving over to something from FTB instead of Technic, but I'm not sure what would suit!
Careful what you say about Technic, one of our mods will slap you if you cross the lines. :p
I don't like Technic myself but meh.

Reactions: Bigpak

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
There's a private 3rd party modpack by mDiyo (creator of TConstruct and Natura) called Questing Maiden. It has a lot of mods, a quest system and a pregenerated world, but it's the closest to Hexxit you can get on FTB.
Pack code: "maiden"

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing like Hexit in the FTB modpacks just yet. And whoever suggsted Direwolf20 as a pick for something like Hexxit must not have played both.
Hexxit is a pack that focuses on adventureing content with some conveniences thrown in direwolf20 focuses on stuff to build.
The closest FTB gets to Hexxit is DivineRPG, but that pack feels sparse in comparison to Hexxit.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Direwolf20 is a common choice, Horizons has the most unusual and mystical mods, FTB Lite 2 for lower-end PCs.
Magic World 2 for magic. Tech World 2 for tech. There's also third-party modpacks.
Now, if it you want hardcore, go for BloodNBones, Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest is also a singleplayer/multiplayer skyblock survival modpack.

Careful what you say about Technic, one of our mods will slap you if you cross the lines. :p
I don't like Technic myself but meh.
Mods will NOT slap people for talking about technic, stuff like that is not allowed on the forums. (People saying technic vs. Ftb)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Mods will NOT slap people for talking about technic, stuff like that is not allowed on the forums. (People saying technic vs. Ftb)
Do I have to explain everything in it's simplest form...
facepalm.jpg

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
No... You need to elaborate in this instance.
Has the FTB forum instituted a "Don't talk about Tekkit" rule? Or where you advising against trash talking Tekkit?
Let's leave it, we do not need to continue a useless argument. You seem to have gone off on one when I mentioned Technic, does this get you your kicks?