Modpack similar to Hexxit

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Meeples, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Meeples

Meeples New Member

I've been looking for something similar to Hexxit for 1.6.X to run on a small server for friends and I, but I've had a lot of troubles finding something that stands out. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot of people have suggested moving over to something from FTB instead of Technic, but I'm not sure what would suit!

2. RealSketch

RealSketch New Member

Maybe Direwolf20 is a common choice, Horizons has the most unusual and mystical mods, FTB Lite 2 for lower-end PCs.
    Magic World 2 for magic. Tech World 2 for tech. There's also third-party modpacks.
    Now, if it you want hardcore, go for BloodNBones, Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest is also a singleplayer/multiplayer skyblock survival modpack.

Careful what you say about Technic, one of our mods will slap you if you cross the lines. :p
    I don't like Technic myself but meh.

Bigpak likes this.
  3. goldenapple

goldenapple Well-Known Member Mod Developer

There's a private 3rd party modpack by mDiyo (creator of TConstruct and Natura) called Questing Maiden. It has a lot of mods, a quest system and a pregenerated world, but it's the closest to Hexxit you can get on FTB.
    Pack code: "maiden"

Zenthon_127 and Bigpak like this.
  4. Wagon153

Wagon153 New Member

You can also try Magic Farm 2.

5. Azzanine

Azzanine New Member

There's nothing like Hexit in the FTB modpacks just yet. And whoever suggsted Direwolf20 as a pick for something like Hexxit must not have played both.
    Hexxit is a pack that focuses on adventureing content with some conveniences thrown in direwolf20 focuses on stuff to build.
    The closest FTB gets to Hexxit is DivineRPG, but that pack feels sparse in comparison to Hexxit.

RedBoss and SatanicSanta like this.
  6. ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking New Member

Mods will NOT slap people for talking about technic, stuff like that is not allowed on the forums. (People saying technic vs. Ftb)

Padfoote and SatanicSanta like this.
  7. RealSketch

RealSketch New Member

Do I have to explain everything in it's simplest form...
    [​IMG]

8. ThatOneSlowking

You were being extremely vague and left your post up to interpretation. Things like that need explaining.

9. RealSketch

RealSketch New Member

They really don't, what's this, you want to have an argument because my wording was simple?

10. ThatOneSlowking

It was too simple, if I were still new I would have taken that a COMPLETELY different way.

11. RealSketch

RealSketch New Member

How about this, no.

12. Azzanine

Azzanine New Member

No... You need to elaborate in this instance.
    Has the FTB forum instituted a "Don't talk about Tekkit" rule? Or where you advising against trash talking Tekkit?

13. RealSketch

RealSketch New Member

Let's leave it, we do not need to continue a useless argument. You seem to have gone off on one when I mentioned Technic, does this get you your kicks?

14. Eyamaz

Eyamaz New Member

15. Qazplm601

Qazplm601 Lord of the Tumbleweeds

(in a giant booming voice from the sky, as clouds gather overhead, and thunder rumbles)

16. RedBoss

RedBoss New Member

What's wrong with Hexxit? Why not just play it?

ThatOneSlowking likes this.
  17. Qazplm601

Qazplm601 Lord of the Tumbleweeds

oldversionhphobia, i bet.

ThatOneSlowking likes this.
  18. goldenapple

goldenapple Well-Known Member Mod Developer

or technicpackophobia...
    Alright, phobias are not funny anymore.