[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
The zelda ice blocks could work well. And if they can find these places the water from them should not be that big an issue.
i dont know these cities are pretty big so there would be a lot of ice[DOUBLEPOST=1406432339][/DOUBLEPOST]
i dont know these cities are pretty big so there would be a lot of ice
not to mention this is a hot dusty planet ice wouldent last long so it wouldent make much scene having buildings made of ice mayb a ice planet next

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know these cities are pretty big so there would be a lot of ice[DOUBLEPOST=1406432339][/DOUBLEPOST]
not to mention this is a hot dusty planet ice wouldent last long so it wouldent make much scene having buildings made of ice mayb a ice planet next

You could add some blocks like the other metal chisel blocks, maybe mix in some of the advanced stone ones.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
You could add some blocks like the other metal chisel blocks, maybe mix in some of the advanced stone ones.

The advanced stone may work tnks for the idea once i hear back from Iskandar i may see what i can do with them, also thanks to everybody for the ideas and likes iv worked hard on this world gen pac and im glad everybody likes it so far.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The advanced stone may work tnks for the idea once i hear back from Iskandar i may see what i can do with them, also thanks to everybody for the ideas and likes iv worked hard on this world gen pac and im glad everybody likes it so far.
Shane, you definitely deserves some Kudos without a doubt you've been able to help Iskandar take the mod a long ways in a short period of time.

GhostHunter9

Jul 29, 2019
Need crash logs. Also, try using the old pne, pack code boom. Some people have had more luck that way, for some reason.
what do you mean by "need crash logs"? what to do? and tried both the regular and the boom.
and the moment before in crashes the console shows: "ignoring option permSize=256m; support was moved in 8.0
deleted every thing belongs to ftb in the computer and re-downloaded now its working

Last edited:

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Again? That shuttle never flew. How could it it has 2 left engines. :p
I noticed it when I tried to ressimple the shuttle in creative mode. :D
Damn it, mDiyo! (ノಠ ∩ಠ)ノ彡( \o°o)\

Regarding VTOL, what was this shuttle's original, intended purpose? Was it meant to be a launch, capable of entering and exiting planetary atmosphere with shore parties? If it was never meant to land, that would explain why it crashed (but also it probably wouldn't have survived re-entry in an Earth-like atmosphere). Rearward-facing engines would be the best option for achieving escape velocity (aerodynamics matter here) as well as for classic air flight (point nose, push engine force backwards to generate lift and thrust, hope it's enough to keep from nosediving). However, landing without a runway would be difficult with such a ship design unless it has thrust vectoring. Some of the coolest scifi airship designs, of course, have engine assemblies on the sides that can actually rotate on an axis in order to provide adjustments to thrust vectoring. However, such engine mounting would probably not be stable enough for the propulsion required to achieve escape velocity. Smaller gimbaled jets on the underbelly would be more practical for VTOL.

Edit: More comments
A vtol shuttle that crashed making a directional impact crator?
Besides vtol's go up but rarely back. V is for vertical after all.
A crashed harrier can leave a directional impact just like any other aircraft. Their crash landings do not tend to be directional, but in the case of harriers we're discussing skilled pilots and a relativley intact craft.

Our Vtol craft do not have the roation I mentioned above, but spacecraft require thrust in 360 degrees. For and aft thrust would need to be comparable, rotating the engines would allow you to quickly slow the craft.
It's much more practical (and feasible from an engineering standpoint) to use small gimbaled thrusters and turn the ship around in order to 'slow down' by accelerating against the direction of movement with the main thruster(s), as opposed to trying to make mounting brackets capable of handling a high-powered engine's level of force. Of course, there is also the fact that our character is not a seasoned pilot, so that's probably part of the directional impact. Vectoring thrust is a tricky business, after all. There are lots of things that could have gone wrong! :^)

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
i know but im having problems finding blocks that work with the future blocks anyways i just sent Iskandar my dev version so him, his builders and his testers can go through and flesh it out some more

My favorite blocks are the extra utils border stone, and border stone alternate, plus the gravel road and edged stone bricks. They connect to each other texture wise and make a nice alternate mesh versus regular blocks, etc... You might wanna stick some glowy bricks (glowing bricks and/or glass) on top of each structure to light it up or corners of gates to see it at night.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just had a close call.
791iGLq.png

I had just gotten a cobblegen w/ XU transfer node established, night was falling and I started to build a wall around my area (I hadn't even bothered yet, night was for sifting). I was almost finished with the part that would stop them from getting to me from over the top of the ship when the hordes reached me and proved too difficult to repel. I was knocked into the newly-built courtyard and messily slaughtered.

Upon waking up in my ship's Sync shell, I quickly realized I had a problem. Because the rear door to the ship was stuck in the open position, I had blockaded it with slabs. Two of them were gone from heading outside. And my last defense against possible mob incursion--a door at the 1-wide entrance to the fluid transposing room--had been left wide open in violation of security protocol. A zombie and a skeleton managed to get through before I could shut the door, and only my trusty frying pan--left behind to cook rice cakes--saved me. I hastily threw sand behind the door (it was the first block I saw in storage) and now I am waiting out the night so I can clear out the invaders.

It's a good thing I'm doing the Easy mode this time. :eek:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
1) I saw mentioned earlier the hard/easy difficulty for quest lines. I saw that one quest which allowed you to choose one or the other and get different rewards back. Does that choice affect more than just that one time quest choice? (i.e. things you cannot see, etc...)

2) I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I have an issue with pneumaticcraft and I think I've pinned down on what that issue is. It all revolves around the pressure chamber. You cannot automate it easilly since everything revolves around IT'S filter, etc... ignoring completely anything outside of it. For all sakes and purposes, the most you can do is just itemduct to/from chambers and do everything in the chamber interface itself. I can see why it was done that way, especially on the out facing one, but generally, this ensures alot of tedium as you switch between jobs and if you have to do something different, your choices are to either a) make another pressure chamber, or b) change the one you have back and forth each time you want to make something different.

For example, to make plastic, that's simple. use the filter for outside facing and set to contains plastic and no matter what you put in the input, seed wise, it'll make some plastic and come out the other end. But if I suddenly want to make something else, yeah, see above. I was eager to test out SFM on this and found it's worthless for it. Especially since it blocks the interface completely.

Mind you, setting up blood magic to do something similar is just as bad without sfm. For example, to auto-create those things you start creating from stone. I end up making a crap ton of first tiers, then switch over to 2nd tier, make what I want, then third tier, etc.. Problem is that you are filtering off of either what you are putting IN or taking OUT. I think SFM would handle that tho with some redstone receivers and switches to choose. But here? No such luck since it's marten's interface and that's it.

Add that into the fact that EVERY frigging thing requires PC to advance including all the dynamos, most of the generators (there is pretty much all the power generation including the big reactor controller) and then you have the machine casings and anything else requiring the PRC cards. I just noticed that all the MFR upgrades require the plastic as well, so I'm sure there's others.

My strategy normally is build exactly what you need and make the thing you want. Here? It's more like, ok I'm going to stockpile 4 stacks of each plastic and wait until that's all done and proceed to make the sub parts, then sub sub parts till I have stacks of everything to make what I really want since stopping/starting to change out stuff would be a royal PITA and prone to mistakes.

The only other option I see is making individual setups to do one set of tasks. Is this what most people are doing? I think marten needs to work on integrating other mods filtering to automate things better so people can actually work with the tools they have not the new ones that have limited scope/purpose. I stopped playing the last version of CL when I got to this point out of frustration. I'm going to press on this time tho since I want to play this pack moreso than any others atm. Plus, I love living in mdiyo's ship :}

3) I found no way to automate the smeltery or the deep tank with SFM (big sad face). I can think of a way but it'd require a bunch of drums and a larger area than I planned for and alot of setup which I will probably do at some point but not now. Bummed about that but loving SFM. Haven't felt the need to proceed to AE yet cause of that which is very cool.

4) that TC scythe works great tho one bad part. It shears leaves but never drops saplings, so you still have to crook enough to make your trees back. I was getting a few saplings with the shears previously thus I have a stockpile. Makes farming trees much easier.

5) Lastly, while reading all the posts about the cities and structures made me think of galacticraft and those silly alien villagers. I know that jaded made that purple wolf 'cat'. Maybe make some colorful villagers to go in those villages or can you just nbt spawn eggs? Maybe some lava tanks made out of stone that would have random leaks in them to flood areas to ensure some climbing is involved to fix those leaks would be needed, etc... Make one city have all spider spawners and jungle spider spawners cause who doesn't love being chased by a horde of hungry slurping spiders?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
wait. I just saw the recipe for cactusx8 + bottle = bottle of water. really? That's cool. That could very quickly change what you do at the beginning and things to look for to get infinite water.

Reactions: Genshou

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
Good afternoon, etc.

1- In regards to cactus for infinite water, seeing as how you'd need to have a decent amount of sand to sift to get those cactus seeds, implying you've probably got a cobble gen and furnace going, and I'd imagine hunger overhaul as nerfed their growth rate, pretty sure cooking dirty water will be faster. If Open Blocks sprinklers weren't disabled maybe this option could pull ahead, but at the end of the day play how you want ^^.

2- In regards to automating Pneumaticraft, once I've got my parts all set I just set the filter to the PCB's and the transistors. Granted, I didn't automate it fully on my end, but I'd just throw the ingredients in the top hopper and the stuff would pop into a chest in the bottom. I'd assume at that point you pull the PCB's to your laser set-up, the output gets put back into an AE system with the transistors and it all gets auto-crafted. I'm not entirely sure if you'd need (and I can't remember the name of them exactly), the life extending upgrades in the chamber, but hey, every little bit helps.

On a side note, remind me what SMF is? I'm drawing a blank on what you mean.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
2) I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I have an issue with pneumaticcraft and I think I've pinned down on what that issue is. It all revolves around the pressure chamber. You cannot automate it easilly since everything revolves around IT'S filter, etc... ignoring completely anything outside of it. For all sakes and purposes, the most you can do is just itemduct to/from chambers and do everything in the chamber interface itself. I can see why it was done that way, especially on the out facing one, but generally, this ensures alot of tedium as you switch between jobs and if you have to do something different, your choices are to either a) make another pressure chamber, or b) change the one you have back and forth each time you want to make something different.

For example, to make plastic, that's simple. use the filter for outside facing and set to contains plastic and no matter what you put in the input, seed wise, it'll make some plastic and come out the other end. But if I suddenly want to make something else, yeah, see above. I was eager to test out SFM on this and found it's worthless for it. Especially since it blocks the interface completely.

Mind you, setting up blood magic to do something similar is just as bad without sfm. For example, to auto-create those things you start creating from stone. I end up making a crap ton of first tiers, then switch over to 2nd tier, make what I want, then third tier, etc.. Problem is that you are filtering off of either what you are putting IN or taking OUT. I think SFM would handle that tho with some redstone receivers and switches to choose. But here? No such luck since it's marten's interface and that's it.

Add that into the fact that EVERY frigging thing requires PC to advance including all the dynamos, most of the generators (there is pretty much all the power generation including the big reactor controller) and then you have the machine casings and anything else requiring the PRC cards. I just noticed that all the MFR upgrades require the plastic as well, so I'm sure there's others.

My strategy normally is build exactly what you need and make the thing you want. Here? It's more like, ok I'm going to stockpile 4 stacks of each plastic and wait until that's all done and proceed to make the sub parts, then sub sub parts till I have stacks of everything to make what I really want since stopping/starting to change out stuff would be a royal PITA and prone to mistakes.

The only other option I see is making individual setups to do one set of tasks. Is this what most people are doing? I think marten needs to work on integrating other mods filtering to automate things better so people can actually work with the tools they have not the new ones that have limited scope/purpose. I stopped playing the last version of CL when I got to this point out of frustration. I'm going to press on this time tho since I want to play this pack moreso than any others atm. Plus, I love living in mdiyo's ship :}

3) I found no way to automate the smeltery or the deep tank with SFM (big sad face). I can think of a way but it'd require a bunch of drums and a larger area than I planned for and alot of setup which I will probably do at some point but not now. Bummed about that but loving SFM. Haven't felt the need to proceed to AE yet cause of that which is very cool.

2) I have 3 Interfaces: one that puts inside the chamber whatever is put in a chest. The other two are output in item filter mode. Its set to pull out all the final products (pcbs, transistors, rotor blades etc.) and compressed iron blocks, but neither plastic nor compressed iron ingots.. If i want plastic, i change the filter manually. If i want compressed iron, i throw in iron blocks.

3) Use TE ducts to put the dusts inside your smelteries. Two smelteries, so stuff doesn't become alloys. Then use fluiducts with servos to put the metals into casting basins. Then extract the metal blocks using itemducts again.