Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so after reviewing the strawpoll. You have all voted in favour of keeping it a add on, now if I am going to stay as an add on. Then I will be doing a complete rewrite from the ground up, because it is currently too messy and I want re-build it so that it is more functional. Due to this, I will also be re-working the infusion procces because for me it is too clunky and anti-climatic. So if anyone has any ideas for how the block infusion should be done, then say it now and I might incorporate it in.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping out with the development of TI either though textures or helping with the code. Then send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible, as I am looking for people to help share the load of this mod. It may look small, but there is allot of stuff running in the background to keep the wheels turning.

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing to see here... Didn't realize this was for 1.7...

Is there aversion for 1.6.4 available?

Last edited:

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing to see here... Didn't realize this was for 1.7...

Is there aversion for 1.6.4 available?

At the moment I am not supporting 1.6, due to the fact that the way the mod works now is not achievable within 1.6. As the networking in 1.7 is too superior to downgrade to 1.6, nor do I think that the mod would be able to operate in the same fashion as it does in 1.7.

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't asking for you to support it :p Just asking if there's an older 1.6 versions around that I could use.

Regardless, This mod looks pretty great, I hope you keep pushing forward with it! Lot's of fantastic possibilities.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't asking for you to support it :p Just asking if there's an older 1.6 versions around that I could use.

Regardless, This mod looks pretty great, I hope you keep pushing forward with it! Lot's of fantastic possibilities.

Cheers man, TI is currently getting a face lift in how everything operates. So a new version is going to be released soon with some brand new features.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
This looks very good and very promising, I shall be using this in my upcoming 1.7 modpack. :)

Cheers man, the mod is currently under going a complete rewrite. If all goes well it should be out by next week, it will feature a new mod infrastructure that should in the mainstream fix all the glitches with the blocks and it will also include a brand new infusion method.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I've been taking a break from modding and the internet, but now I am back and I am ready to begin the work on TI.

For those interested, I've opened up a IRC channel for those who want to get any support with the mod or just want to chill out in here. I will be mostly using it to get an idea for what people want in TI. #ThaumicInfusion

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
And yeah, of this gets backported and when/if we update to 1.7, I'd love this to be in our pack

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kill-Joy

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment the Mod is only 1.7 and to port it to 1.6 would be a huge challenge, as half of the code for the mod is networking. TI uses it's own system for data storage instead of minecrafts, making the syncing between the server and client a huge issue which has caused glitches and bugs in every version. That was on the of the main reasons why I am re-writing the mod, so to do it in 1.6 I would have to re-write half of the mod. Sorry about that, but 1.7 is the way forward =D

Reactions: buggirlexpres

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
c144cef48d.jpg

So the new block system is working, all the syncing is out of the way and all the old bugs of invisible blocks are gone. Thanks to a request system I built into it all, the basics of it is. If the block exists and the client tries to do something with it, but fails. It will ask the server if the block exists and if so, can it have information about it

Also, these blocks you see are a new block called essentia blocks. You could probably guess what this means, it means you have a block form of each essentia. I would like to thank HuggableCreep, who is now doing all the texture for TI.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, progress on TI has been really slow over these past days. You may not believe it but the mod itself is bigger than you think, there are 51 base aspects and now with the new system. It allows for new potential combonations of aspects to achieve a certain effect, so that pushes it up into the 100's. I would like the get the mod out within two weeks, but too much is getting in the way and it is starting to deprive me of moral for it.

Last edited:

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Great news! After talking with Azanor, he's worked out a way that I can use the Vanilla infusion alter. Meaning that it will stay true to the lore and it will bump up the release date of the mod as I no longer have to make my own infusion process.