Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
So i need a dragon egg , and i got some boneless and enderfish with the blood magic Bound Rod, i'm trying to mutate them both to get the dragonfish BUT there is a big problem, i manage to give the environment and stuff but on of them only works at day time the other at night time, so they won't make the baby eggs to use on the incobator cuz when one is working the other is not.. meh can someone help moi

You probably have to cross breed other traits into the individual species before you can breed the two of them together.

Reactions: LostBMe

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why my mushroom farm/power source is causing my FPS to drop horribly and anything I can do to fix it [besides replacing it]?

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why my mushroom farm/power source is causing my FPS to drop horribly and anything I can do to fix it [besides replacing it]?

If you want help with that, you might want to elaborate on it. "Farms" in FTB are not exactly universal. What mods do you use, what item transportation, how much of each machine / pipe did you use etc. Without explaing how exactly you made the farm there is little we can do.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
So i need a dragon egg , and i got some boneless and enderfish with the blood magic Bound Rod, i'm trying to mutate them both to get the dragonfish BUT there is a big problem, i manage to give the environment and stuff but on of them only works at day time the other at night time, so they won't make the baby eggs to use on the incobator cuz when one is working the other is not.. meh can someone help moi

You could go take a look at the cheat sheet:p which says you got one of the fishes correct.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
If you want help with that, you might want to elaborate on it. "Farms" in FTB are not exactly universal. What mods do you use, what item transportation, how much of each machine / pipe did you use etc. Without explaing how exactly you made the farm there is little we can do.

See your point [kinda]. Witch-water mushroom farm [chunk-size]. Water fed to/extracted from 25 barrels via fluiducts. Witch water disposed of via Nullifier. Mushrooms harvested with Harvester. Mushrooms sent via Itemducts to Cyclic Assembler [turned in Grilled Mushrooms], then to Culinary gens. Farm keeps 14 gens running continuously.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
See your point [kinda]. Witch-water mushroom farm [chunk-size]. Water fed to/extracted from 25 barrels via fluiducts. Witch water disposed of via Nullifier. Mushrooms harvested with Harvester. Mushrooms sent via Itemducts to Cyclic Assembler [turned in Grilled Mushrooms], then to Culinary gens. Farm keeps 14 gens running continuously.

Nice, exactly what I asked :)

There is a lot of fluid transports in that system. Do you use opaque fluiducts or transparent? Opaque could possibly make the system a bit lighter on your computer. Make sure there is no excessive amount of stuffed items in the itemducts. That could cause some issues too, both for your FPS and on the server's TPS (which strain your own pc when playing SP).

Harvesters always cause my FPS to drop, though most noticeable when harvesting tree's. Is it just one harvester or several?
I'm not sure if the culinary generators create any FPS lag, never used them myself.
If you want to re-design the farm to make it less laggy I would replace the itemduct and fluiducts with a small AE system. Export/Import busses (items and fluids) are lighter on the FPS.

As for general tips, those systems (farms with lots of moving stuff) I make in a lag/farm chunk out of visual range of my main base. I've been using this technique for a little while now and my bases are finally a joy to walk around in, FPS wise :p

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, exactly what I asked :)

There is a lot of fluid transports in that system. Do you use opaque fluiducts or transparent? Opaque could possibly make the system a bit lighter on your computer. Make sure there is no excessive amount of stuffed items in the itemducts. That could cause some issues too, both for your FPS and on the server's TPS (which strain your own pc when playing SP).

Harvesters always cause my FPS to drop, though most noticeable when harvesting tree's. Is it just one harvester or several?
I'm not sure if the culinary generators create any FPS lag, never used them myself.
If you want to re-design the farm to make it less laggy I would replace the itemduct and fluiducts with a small AE system. Export/Import busses (items and fluids) are lighter on the FPS.

As for general tips, those systems (farms with lots of moving stuff) I make in a lag/farm chunk out of visual range of my main base. I've been using this technique for a little while now and my bases are finally a joy to walk around in, FPS wise :p

Figures. Prob the easiest early-game power source to setup and it can be made to serve 3 functions [2 of which were my plan]; it provides decent power based on it's complexity level, it generates witch water [soul sand/mob conversion/?] and it'll keep you fed with the excess. So of course it kills frame rate. Just like crucible lava gen.

My ductwork is opaque. Nothing's stuffed, as all of the mushrooms eventually make it into the gens. Single harvester with silver? upgrade [15x15]. I could switch over to AE, but that would reduce the power this system generates. This is the base of my block factory, so I kinda don't want to move it but I may have no other option than a redesign. Actually, I may just move this and my Lava gen array to the Nether [since they'll both be set and forget].

Thanks for the infos tho. At least I know what's going on. I actually managed to install Optifine and it provided a huge boost, even in this low-FPS area, but had to remove it due to lighting/rendering issues with TE pipes/cells/tesseracts and some TiCo blocks [compressed cobbles/basins].

Edit:
Finished my Nether move. Within a 2 chunk area I have:
4 15x15 mushroom farms running something like 56 Culinary Gens
150 Crucibles over Netherrack providing lava and feeding 74 Magma Dynamos
And 15 Sludge Boilers connected to a huge OpenBlocks tank array.
2 spot loaders keeping an eye on things.

7000+ RF/t, all the mushrooms I can eat:) and enough Witch Water to flood the world!
BTW...Nether ain't no joke. Dem feesh!

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Figures. Prob the easiest early-game power source to setup and it can be made to serve 3 functions [2 of which were my plan]; it provides decent power based on it's complexity level, it generates witch water [soul sand/mob conversion/?] and it'll keep you fed with the excess. So of course it kills frame rate. Just like crucible lava gen.

My ductwork is opaque. Nothing's stuffed, as all of the mushrooms eventually make it into the gens. Single harvester with silver? upgrade [15x15]. I could switch over to AE, but that would reduce the power this system generates. This is the base of my block factory, so I kinda don't want to move it but I may have no other option than a redesign. Actually, I may just move this and my Lava gen array to the Nether [since they'll both be set and forget].

Thanks for the infos tho. At least I know what's going on. I actually managed to install Optifine and it provided a huge boost, even in this low-FPS area, but had to remove it due to lighting/rendering issues with TE pipes/cells/tesseracts and some TiCo blocks [compressed cobbles/basins].
For the fps problem, do you have any java arguments? Those so wonders for my fps.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No, I mean Highway to Hell. It's the quest that requires you to make a nether portal, and actually visit the nether.

Edit: It's in with the 3.0 version of the map.
Thank you! That unlocked the quest. Completing that, the common reward bag was better then many of the epics I've been receiving. A load of various spawn eggs. Very useful.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
For the fps problem, do you have any java arguments? Those so wonders for my fps.
Looking in to this now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hehe. Thought I had already sent this. Forced MC to use my PCIe graphics, forced MC to use Java8SDK, set Xmx to 8G & Xms to 1G, using this -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods and this -XX:+UseAggressiveOps [thru the launcher itself]. No effect [other than changing up what the log shows]. Any idea what args are working so well for you?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Well, since I'd rather be building than researching, I just moved [am in the process of] my mushroom farm, crucible lava gen, and sludge processing, to the nether...when I noticed something. My spawn chunks are unloading? I didn't think that was possible. I looked into this about a month ago and there doesn't seem to be any real definitive information other than spawn chunks exist. Anyone have any info on this or is it something specific to AgS?

BTW only reason I knew is I cannibalized my chunkloader for a couple spot loaders and then had issues when I wasn't getting any water through my Tesseracts in the Nether. Dropped a spot loader at my Overworld water works and problem solved. Supposedly spawn chunks are 12x12 or 13x13 around spawn. My Overworld build is wholly contained within this area.

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys how can i cross fish in mariculture to get dragonfish, i got a boneless female and a enderfish male, but one only works at daylight other at nigh time so they wont breed any eggs. Can someone explain me how i do it, kinda nooby on mariculture

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys how can i cross fish in mariculture to get dragonfish, i got a boneless female and a enderfish male, but one only works at daylight other at nigh time so they wont breed any eggs. Can someone explain me how i do it, kinda nooby on mariculture
If the wiki cheat sheet is right then the enderfish is correct but the boneless is suppose to be another fish. Is the recipe different in AS - asking cuz I'm not at home to look it up right now and was planning to get the egg from Mariculture too:p

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
If the wiki cheat sheet is right then the enderfish is correct but the boneless is suppose to be another fish. Is the recipe different in AS - asking cuz I'm not at home to look it up right now and was planning to get the egg from Mariculture too:p
yeah the recipe seeems to be an enderfish male witha female boneless. But still one is night time other is day time. Someone said i need to cross them i dont know how

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see below at day time and night time the diferrences. im just stuck in here to get the dragon egg

Attachments

• daytime 2.png
    daytime 2.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 69
  • daytime1.png
    daytime1.png
    36 KB · Views: 63
  • night time 1.png
    night time 1.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 62
  • night time 2.png
    night time 2.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 58

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Well, since I'd rather be building than researching, I just moved [am in the process of] my mushroom farm, crucible lava gen, and sludge processing, to the nether...when I noticed something. My spawn chunks are unloading? I didn't think that was possible. I looked into this about a month ago and there doesn't seem to be any real definitive information other than spawn chunks exist. Anyone have any info on this or is it something specific to AgS?

BTW only reason I knew is I cannibalized my chunkloader for a couple spot loaders and then had issues when I wasn't getting any water through my Tesseracts in the Nether. Dropped a spot loader at my Overworld water works and problem solved. Supposedly spawn chunks are 12x12 or 13x13 around spawn. My Overworld build is wholly contained within this area.

I'm not too sure, but it could be that in AgS the place where you spawn is not actually "spawn". It could have been moved in this map and there is even an in-game command (/jspawn I believe) to change it. Initially chunk loaders didn't even work when you were offline. I imagine Jaded first wanted to make this a SP type of game and maybe moved the spawn to avoid automatic chunkloading? I don't know, just speculating.

Reactions: Senseidragon

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see below at day time and night time the diferrences. im just stuck in here to get the dragon egg

Mariculture has item that will show you the genetics of a specific fish. (I'll have to see if I can find the actual name of the item. Not at home at the moment.) I'm pretty sure you can cross-breed your fish to have a day and night tolerance. Once that is bred into the fish, you should be able to get the cross-breed and possible mutation you want.

Reactions: Senseidragon

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too sure, but it could be that in AgS the place where you spawn is not actually "spawn". It could have been moved in this map and there is even an in-game command (/jspawn I believe) to change it. Initially chunk loaders didn't even work when you were offline. I imagine Jaded first wanted to make this a SP type of game and maybe moved the spawn to avoid automatic chunkloading? I don't know, just speculating.

Admittedly, I know almost zero about what either 'spawn' or 'spawn chunks' means. Having said that, isn't 'spawn' where you um...appear when you first enter the game/and or die. Beds set spawn. So you should be able to move the spawn area, and the spawn chunks that coincide with it. That's what I'm able to speculate with my limited knowledge set.

I too assume that we've been moved from initial spawn, given that my original spawn coords were somewhere around -1000, 1500 whereas most other maps have spawned me relatively closer to 0,0.

I dunno. Chunkloader's ploped down again so one less thing to worry about.

Reactions: Racemol

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Strange thing I've noticed with my MAC [AE crafting]. After logging, whenever I ask the MAC to make something it'll forget how to make something basic [like sticks from planks or ingots from blocks]. If I pull/replace the pattern, it fixes the problem from then on. But I have to do this every time I login. Anyone else experience this?

Actually, looks like it's whenever I enter the Overworld, as it happened when I returned from the Nether.

Last edited:

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Strange thing I've noticed with my MAC [AE crafting]. After logging, whenever I ask the MAC to make something it'll forget how to make something basic [like sticks from planks or ingots from blocks]. If I pull/replace the pattern, it fixes the problem from then on. But I have to do this every time I login. Anyone else experience this?

Isn't that how it's suppose to work? I only just made one for the first time so here I was thinking it was normal.