Quarry + landmarks = not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get my quarry to work with the landmarks. I've got 4 of them in a square, I'm placing the quarry next to one of the landmarks but the quarry doesn't detect the landmarks. It just creates the black/yellow lines (quarry boundaries) in the normal size and ignores the landmarks. Am I missing something?

Bobodamonkey

Jul 29, 2019
The landmarks must be on the same Y coordinate level as eachother. Also, I believe the maximum size of a quarry is 63 by 63 blocks so make sure you're in that range.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You need to right click the landmarks and in some cases revisit a landmark twice to get it to draw fully.

You only need 3 landmarks to create a quarry area, start at the point where you want to place the quarry and place a REDSTONE torch down before your landmark. Placing this redstone torch down will give you blue guidelines and makes it easier to get the right line and height for the other landmark positions.

So place landmark 1, then 2 and right click 2, then landmark 3 and right click 3 then go back to 2 and right click it again. Your box should be complete then, if you placed the redstone torch down, break it at this point and place the quarry in its place (directly behind the landmark).

Reactions: RealSketch

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
The quarry should also be placed at the junction of the three landmarks. For machines that require a 3d space like the filler you need a forth landmark which should be above or below the intersection of the first three.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if you are placing this quarry under ground, you must mine out the perimeter 5 blocks high where quarry frame is going to appear.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
No you don't have to mine it out, the quarry will remove it - yes you lose all the ore/cobble etc from the frame area but no you don't have to mine it out.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I'm talking about the quarry frame, not the entire 5 block high by 64x64 center. I just tried this over the weekend. My underground quarry would not set up along my marker lines until I had dug out the material around the perimeter where the frame sets up.

If you don't want to lose all of the ores in the center while it is setting up, you can follow the laser around and mine any revealed ore before the laser poofs it.

Reactions: EternalDensity

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you mean but you're not right lol, I always setup underground quarries placing 3 markers |_ in an L shape like that, I never have dug out all the way around where the frame itself goes. As soon as you apply power to the quarry the area for the frame itself is cleared.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you mean but you're not right lol, I always setup underground quarries placing 3 markers |_ in an L shape like that, I never have dug out all the way around where the frame itself goes. As soon as you apply power to the quarry the area for the frame itself is cleared.
Yes this has been my experience... until this past weekend. Have you tried lately? It simply would not work until I dug out the frame area.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yes this has been my experience... until this past weekend. Have you tried lately? It simply would not work until I dug out the frame area.
ehh.. about an hour ago I started a quarry underground and did not encounter the problems you faced. If it makes any difference... DW20 pack

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I thin this is just a simple your setting it up wrong..

If your using 4 landmarks then your doing it wrong.

Lay 1 landmark..
Lay 2nd one in line with first one.. Click landmark to set the laser.
Lay 3rd land mark click landmark to finish

So like this 1= landmarks. 0=space

100000000000 1

Then lay quarry next to landmark
1000000000000 1
Quarry

Profit.

DOnt forget power it and pipe it up.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: a screenshot speaks a thousand words.

LOL Ive done so many screen shots today for other things.. That I figured.. Hell with it... 1 and 0 will work. :)

Anyway I retired my quarry long ago.. So would be a little bit to set up the screen shot.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
LOL Ive done so many screen shots today for other things.. That I figured.. Hell with it... 1 and 0 will work. :)

Anyway I retired my quarry long ago.. So would be a little bit to set up the screen shot.
That was aimed generally at anyone who's been describing stuff, not you particularly. Using 0s and 1s is actually a pretty decent substitute in this circumstance.

Reactions: Lambert2191

IndependenceBe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay i have made a video of this it is in the technic pack but it is the same system There are also other things in the video .

LongPlayerHD

Jul 29, 2019
I thin this is just a simple your setting it up wrong..

If your using 4 landmarks then your doing it wrong.

Lay 1 landmark..
Lay 2nd one in line with first one.. Click landmark to set the laser.
Lay 3rd land mark click landmark to finish

So like this 1= landmarks. 0=space

100000000000 1

Then lay quarry next to landmark
1000000000000 1
Quarry

Profit.

DOnt forget power it and pipe it up.

ive had the same error. placing the quarry on the sides makes just a small one. after placing the quarry direct on a landmark it taked the correct size and build the frame propperly

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
ive had the same error. placing the quarry on the sides makes just a small one. after placing the quarry direct on a landmark it taked the correct size and build the frame propperly
Look at the thread's creation time. Now look at me. Now look back at the creation time. Sadly, it's nowhere close to me, but with modern Necromancy it can be brought back to me.

I'm on a thread.

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
I had my landmarks pop off the ground when setting up the quarry. I lost a couple landmarks this way before taking care when placing them.