Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
The Extra Utilities pipes? They do sound cool but how do I get recipes on those? If I click them in NEI or hit R I get a description of what they do - which is great to have (I wish everything had that) - but no recipe. I tried the default recipe from the wiki for sorting pipe and it didn't work.
The Extra Utilities pipes are disabled. I forget why, but Eyamaz disabled those very early on. Normally they have a Recipe and the description you see in NEI. But since the receipe is disabled, you only see the description now.

There are pipes that are kind of like logistics pipes in the Red Power-Transport mod. They can do storage and even crafting and stuff, but of course take quite a bit to craft, set up, and get working right.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just reporting a bug: upgrading a backpack causes it to lose its content.
(If I had to guess, I would say it's due to the fact that the recipe has been changed.)
Has to do with how the recipes work. You have the backpack with it's code, and then metadata for contents. Then you use a recipe to swap one item for another. The metadata doesn't carry over in backpacks.[DOUBLEPOST=1404405748][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't hold your breath, it's a big update, it will still be a while.
I have been rewarded. The Evilone sent out a message that the pledge server is getting reset this weekend and going to 1.2

So I'm looking at two days of Barb-b-q, and as soon as houseguests leave Saturday morning i can spend the weekend running from zombies.

Parnelli

Jul 29, 2019
Villager trades always involve emeralds. Either you give them an item (e.g. wheat, chicken, etc.) and they give you emeralds, or you give them emeralds for an item. For the eye of ender, it's going to cost at least half a dozen emeralds, maybe more.

As Larae said, the priest (purple robes) is the one who will trade for it. The priests don't have tiers to their trades, so it's possible to be the first trade, but it only has a 14% chance. You may need to go through a few levels of trade, or even a few different priests in order to get it. This is all vanilla mechanics, so as long as you can find a village with two villagers, you can breed them to eventually get a priest or two, and get the eye.

Thanks guys. That helps a lot!

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I have been rewarded. The Evilone sent out a message that the pledge server is getting reset this weekend and going to 1.2

So I'm looking at two days of Barb-b-q, and as soon as houseguests leave Saturday morning i can spend the weekend running from zombies.
This weekend? My my Eyamaz, between the final update to the main ftb packs and this stuff on the pledge server, you have a busy few days ahead of ya. :p

Reactions: Eyamaz

Rand_Al_Thorn

Jul 29, 2019
looking for alittle help. Im trying to set up a FTB Blood and bones server using bukkit. ive downloaded the mod pack, used the recommended java arguments started the server and it works fine accept for the fact none of the mods seem to load. Its basicly a vanilla server. How do I enable the mods?

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
looking for alittle help. Im trying to set up a FTB Blood and bones server using bukkit. ive downloaded the mod pack, used the recommended java arguments started the server and it works fine accept for the fact none of the mods seem to load. Its basicly a vanilla server. How do I enable the mods?
You don't need to mess with Bukkit. Simply go in the launcher, select the modpack, then click download server. It will download a zipped version of everything you need.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Question ablout BnB && BoP:

Explanation:: I've never used BoP in BnB as of yet because of the problem BnB would encounter back then plus i hadn't played BoP much exept in Hexxit back in the days so it didn't matter much to me. Now i've looked a bit more into BoP because i know my friend really love this mod and i recently got a PC able to run it smoothly ;p

Question: As of 1.2, will BnB and BoP work correctly together by just enabling BoP or will it require some tweaks to make it work?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Question ablout BnB && BoP:

Explanation:: I've never used BoP in BnB as of yet because of the problem BnB would encounter back then plus i hadn't played BoP much exept in Hexxit back in the days so it didn't matter much to me. Now i've looked a bit more into BoP because i know my friend really love this mod and i recently got a PC able to run it smoothly ;p

Question: As of 1.2, will BnB and BoP work correctly together by just enabling BoP or will it require some tweaks to make it work?
I don't know if there are changes coming in 1.2 or not, but from 1.0.5ish to 1.1.2, you can generate a good BoP world by simply enabling it in the launcher (Edit Mod Pack to enable it) and generate your world with the "Default" generation. Do not click it over to the BoP generation. BoP config is set to enhance the Default generation if BoP is enabled.

That being said, I know Eyamaz is pushing to get 1.2 out and I know he's recommending (requiring?) a world reset. So you may want to wait for some more 1.2 info before you generate a world in the next few days.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if there are changes coming in 1.2 or not, but from 1.0.5ish to 1.1.2, you can generate a good BoP world by simply enabling it in the launcher (Edit Mod Pack to enable it) and generate your world with the "Default" generation. Do not click it over to the BoP generation. BoP config is set to enhance the Default generation if BoP is enabled.

That being said, I know Eyamaz is pushing to get 1.2 out and I know he's recommending (requiring?) a world reset. So you may want to wait for some more 1.2 info before you generate a world in the next few days.

Thanks for the info :)

Off-topic @Eyamaz: Thanks very much for the Obsidian Towers ^_^ Much more enjoyable to go explore them now that we don't end up with a beated up cavern instead of a dungeon ;p

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
I thought i know how to heal - eat food that is better than 0,5 hunger but i have just made first toast and it didnt heal me anything. So how do i heal?
Restarting minecraft helped but 4 toast are gone :/

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I thought i know how to heal - eat food that is better than 0,5 hunger but i have just made first toast and it didnt heal me anything. So how do i heal?
Restarting minecraft helped but 4 toast are gone :/

yes, i would suggest caution when eating there is a bug, likley in the interactions between spice of life and hunger overhual. the spice of life developer has been active on this forum and has looked at it, but last I heard he hadn't been able to get to root cause.

it happens to me occasionaly so I've developed a habit of eating a snack right before more complex meals so as to monitor heart regeneration.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
@WayofTime @Eyamaz I'm wanting to deal with the fact that in the BnB pack, Blood Magic is OP. Would you two be ok with me just making a custom version of Blood Magic for the pack(with added config options) or would you prefer me to use ASM to tweak it from BnBTweaks?
I have found making the server hardcore, and kicking them for so many minutes drains the altar by the time they get back on.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I have found making the server hardcore, and kicking them for so many minutes drains the altar by the time they get back on.

Bloodmagic just has a huge number of OP aspects. The potions are especially powerful. Flight, 500% damage, etc. Wither Boss goes from being a challenge to knocking out multiple of them in 5 minutes.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
yes, i would suggest caution when eating there is a bug, likley in the interactions between spice of life and hunger overhual. the spice of life developer has been active on this forum and has looked at it, but last I heard he hadn't been able to get to root cause.

it happens to me occasionaly so I've developed a habit of eating a snack right before more complex meals so as to monitor heart regeneration.
Actually, while he hasn't posted it here for whatever reason, he's said the latest version of SoL has fixed the 'healing from eating turns off at random' bug. And I didn't have the issue crop up lately using that version of SoL.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, while he hasn't posted it here for whatever reason, he's said the latest version of SoL has fixed the 'healing from eating turns off at random' bug. And I didn't have the issue crop up lately using that version of SoL.

Sounds like I need to go looking for the up to date version of SOL then, I had the issue occur several times just yesterday.