A New Technological Feel

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
As many of you know, I'm am was the modder behind Technomancy. I'm moving on to a new tech mod, but I'm still working around ideas and I'm curious what people would like to see in something like this. Since I'm basing it off of RF, that's the current plan at least, then most people are likely to use it with Thermal Expansion. In such cases, I have a few questions for the lot of you for what you'd like to see.
  1. Should I stick with RF? If I strayed away from it and created my own energy net, then I'd be granted a bit more freedom with my machines since it would be entirely independent from Thermal Expansion. Just as a note, if I do turn away from RF, I will add a way to transfer to/from RF to my own E-net.
  2. If I do stick with RF, should I implement my own versions of some of the machines/conduits? This would primarily be the pulverizer/furnace so I could add some recipes using the both of those objects. As far as energy transfer goes, I'd probably add something to transfer energy similarly to conduits but with a different twist.
  3. Wireless Energy? It's something I've always considered via tesla coils, lasers, or some random transmitting thingymawhatzit.
  4. Should multiblocks be limited in size? I'm currently adding some new multiblock machines and I'm debating if there should be a size limit. It would be fairly reasonable as the machines are extremely powerful even if they are small.
  5. I need a god damn name.
That's all I have for now. I'll update/post if I can think of anything else. Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

psp

Jul 29, 2019
I would stick with rf but go with completely new ideas. The tech mod area is already over loaded with too many of the "same" final processes. I personally think the biggest thing that is untouched is the multi-block functions. I would want multiblocks with different sizes.

sorry if that isnt worded well just typing quickly

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
1. The RF API is independent from TE, so you can be independent and whatnot. I don't really care if you use RF or create your own. I enjoy working with new power systems.
2. No opinion
3. Yeah! Wireless energy transfer without Tesseracts would be amazing. Especially if it uses RF ;)
4. I don't think they should be limited. People can make things as large and OP as they want, provided they have the resources

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
As many of you know, I'm am was the modder behind Technomancy. I'm moving on to a new tech mod, but I'm still working around ideas and I'm curious what people would like to see in something like this. Since I'm basing it off of RF, that's the current plan at least, then most people are likely to use it with Thermal Expansion. In such cases, I have a few questions for the lot of you for what you'd like to see.
  1. Should I stick with RF? If I strayed away from it and created my own energy net, then I'd be granted a bit more freedom with my machines since it would be entirely independent from Thermal Expansion.
  2. If I do stick with RF, should I implement my own versions of some of the machines/conduits? This would primarily be the pulverizer/furnace so I could add some recipes using the both of those objects. As far as energy transfer goes, I'd probably add something to transfer energy similarly to conduits but with a different twist.
  3. Wireless Energy? It's something I've always considered via tesla coils, lasers, or some random transmitting thingymawhatzit.
  4. Should multiblocks be limited in size? I'm currently adding some new multiblock machines and I'm debating if there should be a size limit. It would be fairly reasonable as the machines are extremely powerful even if they are small.
That's all I have for now. I'll update/post if I can think of anything else. Any feedback is appreciated!

You can use RF and not need TE. Extra utilities did it. So you could make it so dynamo's from TE powered your machines or whatever it is you are adding or any other mod that adds RF power generation. Or you could make your own dynamo's/generators/whatever to generate RF.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SynfulChaot and psp

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
You can use RF and not need TE. Extra utilities did it. So you could make it so dynamo's from TE powered your machines or whatever it is you are adding or any other mod that adds RF power generation. Or you could make your own dynamo's/generators/whatever to generate RF.

Hah Ninja'd you. :p

Reactions: Kill-Joy and psp

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I would stick with rf but go with completely new ideas. The tech mod area is already over loaded with too many of the "same" final processes. I personally think the biggest thing that is untouched is the multi-block functions. I would want multiblocks with different sizes.

sorry if that isnt worded well just typing quickly
There will most definitely be different sized multiblocks. It's just a matter of how large they should get. Currently, there is no limit. You can make a 3x256x3 machine and it will work fine.
1. The RF API is independent from TE, so you can be independent and whatnot. I don't really care if you use RF or create your own. I enjoy working with new power systems.
2. No opinion
3. Yeah! Wireless energy transfer without Tesseracts would be amazing. Especially if it uses RF ;)
4. I don't think they should be limited. People can make things as large and OP as they want, provided they have the resources

I'm not limiting it for the sake of limiting it. I just don't want servers to die because they have to check 3000+ blocks when it's created.[DOUBLEPOST=1404097443][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well the problem I'm facing is creating something that can still be independant, but still use common practices such as a pulverizer/grinder/macerator machines without stepping on TE's toes.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
There will most definitely be different sized multiblocks. It's just a matter of how large they should get. Currently, there is no limit. You can make a 3x256x3 machine and it will work fine.

I'm not limiting it for the sake of limiting it. I just don't want servers to die because they have to check 3000+ blocks when it's created.
Ah well then i would limit the earlier basic multi block functions but the final "tier" of the tech structure, players should be able to have unlimited room to make the machine or whatever faster, better, ect.

But if you put it that way of the servers, you could have an upper limit where adding more blocks gets you smaller and smaller affect to the point that there is no point in making it bigger.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not limiting it for the sake of limiting it. I just don't want servers to die because they have to check 3000+ blocks when it's created.[DOUBLEPOST=1404097443][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well the problem I'm facing is creating something that can still be independant, but still use common practices such as a pulverizer/grinder/macerator machines without stepping on TE's toes.

I think that if its possible you shouldn't limit the size of the multiblock just make it faster/more efficient the bigger it is so people with good computers can make those 3000+ multiblocks and then have a config for servers as to what the max size is

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I think that if its possible you shouldn't limit the size of the multiblock just make it faster/more efficient the bigger it is so people with good computers can make those 3000+ multiblocks and then have a config for servers as to what the max size is

Configs. Why didn't I think of configs.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Try something other than RF. A little complication never hurt anyone. (Unless it's too complicated, then it may be hard to port)
  2. N/A due to #1
  3. Sure. I think that it should have two versions. Item/Fluid and Energy. It should also have a finite rate based on how much energy you're pumping into it.
  4. Yes, but please make that limit configurable.
  5. All of this is just my opinion, take it into consideration or don't, I'll probably use it anyway.
EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd, by the OP no less.
EDIT2: Fixed grammar derp in #4.

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Try something other than RF. A little complication never hurt anyone. (Unless it's too complicated, then it may be hard to port)
  2. N/A due to #1
  3. Sure. I think that it should have two versions. Item/Fluid and Energy. It should also have a finite rate based on how much energy you're pumping into it.
  4. Yes, but make please make that limit configurable.
  5. All of this is just my opinion, take it into consideration or don't, I'll probably use it anyway.
EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd, by the OP no less.
I don't intend on making it complex. It'll most likely be quite simple.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, wireless/pipeless transfer cheats the player out of a lot of interesting challenges. I dont think we need any more ore processing machines, theres so much more to minecraft than ingots. I would like to see multiblock engines that are animated.

Reactions: FrankieTheSnake

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, wireless/pipeless transfer cheats the player out of a lot of interesting challenges. I dont think we need any more ore processing machines, theres so much more to minecraft than ingots. I would like to see multiblock engines that are animated.
I'll most likely add furnace/grinder just for the recipes you get from it.
Well, make it unique, that's all.
I'm honestly not sure how to make it "unique" to be honest.
tumblr_lm13xjMqih1qkae66o1_1280.jpg

psp

Jul 29, 2019
I'll most likely add furnace/grinder just for the recipes you get from it.

I'm honestly not sure how to make it "unique" to be honest.
tumblr_lm13xjMqih1qkae66o1_1280.jpg
Just dont make it gregtechie
or rather do but don't
but make it complicated
and have it simplistical at the same time

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
  1. Should I stick with RF? If I strayed away from it and created my own energy net, then I'd be granted a bit more freedom with my machines since it would be entirely independent from Thermal Expansion. Just as a note, if I do turn away from RF, I will add a way to transfer to/from RF to my own E-net.
1.mmmh, if your power sytem is just gonna be basically the same as RF, use RF. if not, make your own.
2.only if they have benifits over the TE versions.
3.ooohhh shiny..... (yes, but make sure it is balanced.)
4.yes, as a config option.

Reactions: psp

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Just dont make it gregtechie
or rather do but don't
but make it complicated
and have it simplistical at the same time
I'll have to think on it for a bit. I've got a couple ideas in mind but I don't know what I'm going to settle on yet.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
A new Demo mod? Already looking forward to it!

1) For RF vs other? Hmm. I'd think that sticking with RF would be best unless you have something particular and unique already in mind. One of those "If you're gonna do it, do it right" sorta things.
2) I'd include your own versions if you do, if you include machines/tools that utilize that power. I'd love to see your take on things. ^.^ And standalones are always nicer.
3) Tesla coils? Hells yes! With shocky things!
4) I'd go for size limits, but let the sizes get pretty redonculous is people want to be that crazy. Probably have a 'diminishing returns' thing, though, so those that limit themselves to reason don't feel like they're entirely missing out.

Just mah two cents.