Best Tools and Weapons?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found anything that manually mines as fast as an Ars Magica ranged AOE Dig spell, cast at mid-level augmentation (half moon). This level mines a 5x5 area, and you can spam it as fast as your mouse finger can twitch. Mana cost and overload is a small consideration, but didn't prove a significant hindrance so far.

<snip>

Edit:
It's possible some of the Blood Magic tools are faster, but they use up life essence. AM2 mana regenerates automatically, and if you learn the mana regeneration talents, it's fast enough that you only need potions for AM2 boss fights.

You apparently haven't seen what can be done with an advanced Blood Magic spell then. It dwarfs the bound pick axe. Also LP regenerate automatically with the right setup as well =)

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You apparently haven't seen what can be done with an advanced Blood Magic spell then. It dwarfs the bound pick axe. Also LP regenerate automatically with the right setup as well =)

Do you have a link to somewhere I can see this? I haven't seen any of the advanced spells yet.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found anything that manually mines as fast as an Ars Magica ranged AOE Dig spell, cast at mid-level augmentation (half moon). This level mines a 5x5 area, and you can spam it as fast as your mouse finger can twitch. Mana cost and overload is a small consideration, but didn't prove a significant hindrance so far.

Add three piercing modifiers and you'll dig out a 7x7x7 cube with one click.

If that is not enough, check out the quarry zone spell in the community spellbook. Automatically dig a 7x7 hole straight down to bedrock, and have multiple zones going at once.

There is no way to do a fortune enchant, but for just blowing away huge quantities of rock then Ars is incredible.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
You completely underestimate the power of TiC tools. I have a sword made of paper and mananaulyn, and it wrecks everything, and also is rechargeable thanks to TE3.

My silk touch pick is also an instant mine. I'll post a video soon.

Seriously, I can't comprehend why you would NOT use TiC for all your tools! I can understand the bedrock axe, but for everything else, use TiC!

Reactions: dalekslayer96

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
You completely underestimate the power of TiC tools. I have a sword made of paper and mananaulyn, and it wrecks everything, and also is rechargeable thanks to TE3.

My silk touch pick is also an instant mine. I'll post a video soon.

Seriously, I can't comprehend why you would NOT use TiC for all your tools! I can understand the bedrock axe, but for everything else, use TiC!
Um.
Bound Blade
Mek's all-in-one chargable mining tool
Those are what I use. Not including my ranged weapon, which is a standard bow.
TiC is hopelessly outclassed by Mek and BM. Free Silk Touch from the bedrock pickaxe too.
I barely use TiC except for the smeltry and for midgame tools.

Reactions: Padfoote