What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Mineshopper with Carpenter's Blocks
Mineshopper said:
>> Version 3.2.1 Changelog
06/24/2014
  • Fixed flower pot crash when planting certain plants.
  • Fixed torch lighting issues.
  • For developers, designs now load in Eclipse (and maybe other IDEs).
  • Fixed bed blanket dye colors not matching color of mod dyes.

and @iChun with some more information on Picture-in-Picture
iChun said:
Get it here.

Statement on Serverside Integration.
Alright, so I’ve gotten some feedback, even before the mod was finished (I was livestreaming the development), there have been requests from people to allow servers to prevent clients from using this mod, due to fear or abuse. I understand the logic in this, but personally I’m going off the idea/concept that the mod is 100% clientside and has no server interaction, one that automatically tracks other players of interest with little to no hassle to the end user other than initial setup. This PiP mod was based off another private mod of mine (also called PiP) that I’ve used in my ForgeCraft series with the intent of showing people Mr_okushama‘s view since we shared a base, and was requested to be made public by Gigabit101.

Again, I understand the concern with the use of this mod on servers, but I will not be implementing any form of serverside integration in allowing the server to disable PiP or requiring other player’s consent before tracking. It all depends entirely on the end user on how they would like to use this mod… If for mischief, well, it shows the ugly side of these people so feel free to do whatever you want with them. Cause well, hey, a gun was made with the intent of protecting people, shame that the bad guys use it sometimes, right?

Then again, if I were to add the serverside integration bits, what’s stopping others from taking that part of the code out?

Tl;dr

Will servers/other players be able to disable PiP? No.

Azagal73

Jul 29, 2019
Sangar has released OpenComputers v1.2.13 for Minecraft 1.6.4 and 1.7.2

Sangar said:
Version 1.2.13 is now available. This is a bugfix release, and hopefully the last one for version 1.2.

* Updated StargateTech 2 API.
* Made side of robot charger only glow when powered.
* Probably fixed ATI/AMD driver crash.
* Fixed some derpiness in switches/access points.
* [MC1.7] Fixed OreDict+Case/Screen dyeing related crash.
* Some more small fixes.

Note: I know it was released a few days ago. I only just noticed it, and not seen it posted before now

Last edited:

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@Dynious has updated Refined Relocation to 1.0.5b

Dynious said:
- Works on 1.7.10!
- Relocators will now not connect to non-item BC pipes
- Fixed Extraction and Spread module crash when no valid slots are found
- Spread modules should now spread from first to last slot, not the other way around
- More localization fixes (Thanks MCMicky!)
- One Way module will now toggle on redstone pulse
- Redstone Block Module can now block on low redstone signal (toggle by right-clicking)
- Modules will not be used/given in creative mode
- Stuffed items now popped out (per 5 stacks) on leftclick
- Removed Relocation Portal from NEI
- Render fixes (will now render behind water ;))

@CrazyPants has updated Ender IO to 2.0 beta 119
CrazyPants said:
#773 Included the @API declaration for bundled RF API

#776 Ore dictionary support in recipes broken.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
IC2: "work on Advanced Reactor Cooling System Part2"

g3Dhzbm.png

90dzjqo.png

I really hope they aren't changing the nuclear system too much, I have enough work already with the old one.

DarKnighT_0_9

Jul 29, 2019
There's a new version (1.3) of my mod, TYNKYN (Things You Never Knew You Needed) as well as a new website to showcase everything. This thread is an awesome idea by the way!

Minecraft Forum Post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2683598-172-tynkyn-v13-out-now-elementurtles-hummingbirds-and-more/
TYNKYN Wiki: https://sites.google.com/site/tynkynwiki/home

Changelog:
V1.3
·Removed Lava Skimming Potion Effect
·Added Villager Books for Mystcraft and Thaumcraft
·Added Config File
·The level costs for enchantments using Obelisks can now be changed via the config file
·Added Ore Chunks
·The surface ore now drops ore chunks instead of full ore blocks
·Drop rate of surface ore increased to original values
·Added 18 more Biome-specific Flowers
·Added Ender Omelet
·Added Lettuce
·Added Blaze Cane
·Added Dragon Slayer (Cannot be crafted yet)
·Changed mechanics of Ender Seeds/Chickends
·Chickends can now spawn in The End
·Added Sisal Leaf and Sisal Fiber
·Added Truffle Elf
·Added Turtle
·Added Elementurtles (Air, Electric, Fire, Grass, Ice, Rock and Water)
·Added Seahorse
·Added Hummingbirds
·Added Oref

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @ObsiLP with an update for Advanced Genetics
ObsiLP said:
vb1.5.5
  • [EDIT] Combustion Generator generates now more energy for one coal
  • [FIXED] Hopefully Package-Handling bugs are now fixed...

and @NightKosh who updated Gravestone mod
NightKosh said:
  • Fix game crash
  • Fix memorials and skull candles "canUpdate" bug.
  • Update French localization

and @dmillerw with an update for Remote IO
dmillerw said:
RemoteIO 1.7.2 - 1.0.6-b21
  • Added support for RF power
RemoteIO 1.7.2 - 1.0.7-b22
  • Added RF chip recipe + bug fixes

and lastly a new mod by @octarine-noise called Better Foliage
octarine-noise said:
Better Foliage
C447epw.jpg

(*) objects in screenshot may appear prettier than on your screen

About

Better Foliage is my re-implementation of some features of one of my favourite 1.6.4 mods: Better Grass & Leaves, that was sadly discontinued after 1.7.2 came along. It makes your plant life a bit more verdant and fluffy by drawing some extra leaves on trees, and short grass on grass blocks.
Better Mycelium and Cactus is definitely coming too, and possibly falling leaf particles. Other features from the original (blood particles, footprints, bending grass, etc.) are not planned at the moment.

Usage

The mod is client only, although it will not crash your server if you add it accidentally.

Extra leaves will be rendered for each leaf block that has at least one side touching an air block. Grass will be rendered for grass blocks with an air block above them.

There is a config GUI, opened by pressing F8 (configurable), or using the config button after selecting it in your mod list. Here you can set rendering options for grass and leaves.
  • On/Off: self-explanatory
  • Size: size of the extra polygons, relative to block diameter
  • Offset: how much off-center the polygons should be (relative to diameter), to break up the regularity. Separate horizontal and vertical value for leaves
  • Height: for grass only, minimum and maximum values
That's it. The defaults give quite nice results, but you are welcome to experiment.

There's some minor inconvenience with short grass: because mipmaps and transparency are not good friends, the grass looks darker than it should at a distance, and large flat patches of grass look a bit weird. If you have the horsepower for it, turn off mipmaps and crank up anisotropic filtering in the video settings.

Textures & Compatibility

Works fine with the GLSL Shader Mod. You may want to turn off the short grass though: because of the shadow map resolution the grass looks like it is floating slightly above the block (it doesn't).

The mod does not need textures supplied for the crossed leaf polygons for each and every leaf type, as it will generate them on the fly, making it very easy to use: it will (should) support every mod and texture pack automagically.

However, some mods have leaf blocks that are not derived from vanilla leaves, or their own way of registering textures. If you find a mod that has incompatible leaves, let me know, and I'll fix it!

Confirmed to support leaves from: Vanilla, BOP, Natura, Forestry and Thaumcraft.

For the curious:

Generation works by simply tiling the leaf textures in a 2x2 pattern, and applying an extra transparency mask to it, to make it nice and round. There are several transparency masks, and which ones to use for which leaf textures is configurable, however this feature is still in its infancy (I need some better masks first). There is a file called leafMask.properties in the mod configuration directory containing mappings: if a leaf texture contains the text on the left in its name, the mask type on the right is used. You can check out the masks by looking into the JAR file.

Modpack License

You may use Better Foliage in any public or private modpacks without any limitation. A link to this topic or my GitHub page would be much appreciated though.

Changelog
0.9-beta
  • initial release

Download

BetterFoliage-1.7.2-0.9b (for MC 1.7.2, Forge required)

Help Out

The grass and leaf mask textures at the moment are... adequate at best, and I couldn't draw my way out of a box if my life depended on it. Poersch's textures for the original BG&L look much better, but I can't use and distribute them for obvious reasons. If you have experience in pixel art, I need your help to make Better Foliage look even better!

Bug Reports

Head to my Github project page.

As always, keep the comments rolling!

Infinite Unrest

Jul 29, 2019
New update from @Vswe for Steve's Factory Manager:
Alpha 88
  • Fixed a rendering issue of items in the interface.
  • Fixed an issue preventing some items to show up in searches.

And @dan200 has a beta build of ComputerCraft available via the ComputerCraft forum. You're required to sign up to gain access, but personally, it's worth it.
Please use the Bug Reports thread for bug reports.
Incorrectly placed posts will be deleted or moved, and you could have your beta access removed.

This version is very much a work-in-progress, there are multiple known bugs, and some systems are incomplete. Use the download at your own risk, and don't expect world compatibility between versions. Use at your own risk.

Last edited: