Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Plus it's made out of Fluxed Electrum. Why does it then look like Invar?

I guess it could change textures like IC2 energy crystals.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Is this ... Flux Armour?

fcbd904b6a.png

I really really hope this is very early developement for the armor, otherwise I'll be a sad little panda

51498754.jpg

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Railcraft adding Poor Ores? Hell Yes! I play with reduced ore generation, but it's difficult to get the right level of generation, and results in a bland underground. Since 1 Ore Block with Ore Doubling equals 18 Poor Ore Blocks, that's massive veins to populate the world with. Looking forward to that. That's actually the only thing I'm now eager for and a reason to update to 1.7.x.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Personally I think that mod should have never been released as it stands. Being able to view other players POVs without their permission is imo a privacy violation. Even worse it is client side only.
Well, this is noted in the Known Issues:
  • Potential exploitation of this mod (since it’s 100% client-side and allows watching other people without their consent). I leave it to the community and the users to do the right thing, and apologise to server owners in advance.
  • Because of how the mod is purely client-side, the limit of tracking other players is bound to Minecraft’s max tracking distance of other players, so no, this does not work across dimensions or long distances.
But I agree there should be a server file that detects the mod and disables it if detected, so server owners can override client side.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
But I agree there should be a server file that detects the mod and disables it if detected, so server owners can override client side.
Exactly the point. It is undoubtedly a great mod, but being released without any methods of control...
This will imo seriously impact all forge PvP servers.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft adding Poor Ores? Hell Yes! I play with reduced ore generation, but it's difficult to get the right level of generation, and results in a bland underground. Since 1 Ore Block with Ore Doubling equals 18 Poor Ore Blocks, that's massive veins to populate the world with. Looking forward to that. That's actually the only thing I'm now eager for and a reason to update to 1.7.x.

I would actually like it if there was a mod that could randomly generate new ores in the world...
right now you mine a tunnel, grab all the ores you find, and never come back, but what if new ores could generate back into the world?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I would actually like it if there was a mod that could randomly generate new ores in the world...
right now you mine a tunnel, grab all the ores you find, and never come back, but what if new ores could generate back into the world?

That's not really very realistic is it?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
this is minecraft we're talking about... I just thought it'd be neat if those old tunnels you once dug before actually could become useful again in the future

I think such a thing might be somewhat hard to implement as you don't want ores to spawn in stone that the player is using for his own buildings.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think that mod should have never been released as it stands. Being able to view other players POVs without their permission is imo a privacy violation. Even worse it is client side only.
You know.... you just described baby monitors.
When I was a baby I shouted 'NO!' when I had that thing in my room.
My parents didn't care, they just stared back in "awwness" at my negativity to the monitors.

They straight-up desrespected ma' privacy.
Why? If something bad happened, they can quickly save me from those bad things (Ninjas, weird aliens with tvs on their belly and an antena up on their head singing songs to music from no where when the sun that looks like a baby rose to the sky)

Soaryn, is that baby, he makes 120+ buckets in the AE system for no reason.
There must be an adult to stop such misbehaviour, force the rule of saving resources, and buckets can be used again!

That kids, is why an apple is not a banana.
-Bill Nye the Science Guy or Obama, whichever is first.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
No I didn't. What I described is everybody in the neighborhood being able to listen on your baby without any possibility of anyone preventing it or even just detecting that it's happeneing. That's an entirely different level.
Obviously iChun loves the idea of stalking. I shall promote these new urge to stalk.

It's no one's business that your invading their business.

Reactions: Like and 1SDAN

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I'll leave my opinion about this to after I find out how often they spawn and how often they regenerate. I like the idea of having actual mines, but they wouldn't be worth much if in the end if they just behave as worse oreberries. On the upside, I guess there will be an alternative to those once those experimental TCon updates become official.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Johnson

Jul 29, 2019
Completely agree, this really isn't something that needs to be floating around without something server side to disable it if the server owner so chooses to.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
@CovertJaguar just updated Railcraft to 9.1 with some fancy panty ore gen as the beginning of the Electrical Age of Rails!

http://www.railcraft.info/version-9-1-0-0-ore-seams/

I'm not really clear on the ore gen system. How does it work? Does it affect other mods?

Railcraft Ore doubling! *Standalone edition
This mod adds ore doubling to Railcraft rock crushers. But you say to yourself: "But it already had ore doubling?". That's only the case when IC2 is installed and the config is set to allow it.

What if you don't have IC2? That's the purpose of this mod: to make ore doubling with rock crushers possible, without IC2 present.

1RTnft4.png

It also does nice things such as enabling the behaviour of doors in 1.8 snapshots (stack to 64, get 3 per craft)

Wasn't there another mod that did that?
KlSchfK.jpg

fIhWOHz.jpg

Now Direwolf20 can watch what Soaryn is up to!

This is what will get me back into playing Survival Games. :p

I'd love to see this in a mod like ICBM. You could have an entity (a camera) and use it to record something and it plays on some kind of monitor.

Last edited: