Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshmilo100

Jul 29, 2019
In multiplayer (agrarian skies 2.1.7) after right clicking on the warp book, then pressing escape, then trying to move an ender thermic pump from one inventory slot to another on the hot-bar results in an internal server error, and kicks you from the server.

The Server Error Report from the log is here:

Attachments

• Server Error.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 73

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
In multiplayer (agrarian skies 2.1.7) after right clicking on the warp book, then pressing escape, then trying to move an ender thermic pump from one inventory slot to another on the hot-bar results in an internal server error, and kicks you from the server.

The Server Error Report from the log is here:
Try in 1.1.9
It might have been fixed in the two updates since your version.

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
That's a different crash log from the duct in the tank issue.
Double check what ingredients you have in your High Oven. Possibly remove them and try again.

The only things that go in the duct are the 27 different blocks coming from my cyclic assemblers, and one outputs slag into a chest. However, I do recall now that in my last sesssion I did make make a bunch of steel, so maybe I left some gunpowder, redstone, and/or sand in there (though I seem to remember I emptied it).

Problem now is that I simply cannot load my world. This is a hard crash on startup, I don't have *any* time within my world to do anything. Last time (years ago) when I tried to mcedit my world it replaced my iron tank setup with spiderwebs so I'm a bit apprehensive at trying that now...

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
The only things that go in the duct are the 27 different blocks coming from my cyclic assemblers, and one outputs slag into a chest. However, I do recall now that in my last sesssion I did make make a bunch of steel, so maybe I left some gunpowder, redstone, and/or sand in there (though I seem to remember I emptied it).

Problem now is that I simply cannot load my world. This is a hard crash on startup, I don't have *any* time within my world to do anything. Last time (years ago) when I tried to mcedit my world it replaced my iron tank setup with spiderwebs so I'm a bit apprehensive at trying that now...
I meant that your High Oven Ducts could have reset. i.e. you're trying to put ores into the reducer slot etc.
You can remove the mod from the pack, load it up, the re-add the mod.
That will remove all Tinkers Steelworks Blocks/Items etc though. but it will save the world

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
I meant that your High Oven Ducts could have reset. i.e. you're trying to put ores into the reducer slot etc.
You can remove the mod from the pack, load it up, the re-add the mod.
That will remove all Tinkers Steelworks Blocks/Items etc though. but it will save the world

I made an attempt with McEdit and deleted what was in the controller, that didn't change anything. So I assume that it may have been in the one outputting slag or the one inputting dusts. And since those were covered by itemducts, no way I was touching that with McEdit, way too scared. No matter, I did remove the mod and loaded my world and it's fine except, like you said, my oven's gone. No matter, I'll cheat it back in and be done with it. Sad that a misconfiguration of a duct would prevent my world from actually loading though :(

XorBoT

Jul 29, 2019
hello Jadecat,
Thank you very much for the mod pack! I am really enjoying it. So I am trying to use tinkers' mechworks wireless redstone signals. I seem to be having trouble using the spool of wire. When I try and connect two terminals with wire I can not. Or a terminal to a signal bus ether. Was this disabled on purpose?
Thanks again Jadecat for your mod pack.
-hb

GamingWithAGoose

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this bug is only in Agrarian Skies but I am not 100% sure, I have looked around but I haven't seen anything. Anyway's, I have a server with Creeerhost and have everything set up right, no extra mods just the 2.1.9 pack and that's it. But for some reason (this has been happening since 2.1.6) whenever me and my friend leave the server, ALL of the machines wont work when we come back on. Everything just doesn't work. So we have to go through every machine and destroy it, then replace it. Even the AE stuff stops working. It is getting extremely frustrating seeing as we have quite a lot of machines. So yeah, that's the only bug that I have come across in AS; really great modpack btw, hope you manage to fix the bug :)

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
hello Jadecat,
So I am trying to use tinkers' mechworks wireless redstone signals. I seem to be having trouble using the spool of wire. When I try and connect two terminals with wire I can not. Or a terminal to a signal bus ether. Was this disabled on purpose?
-hb
No, I have been using it in my map. Did you add wire to your spool after crafting it?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this bug is only in Agrarian Skies but I am not 100% sure, I have looked around but I haven't seen anything. Anyway's, I have a server with Creeerhost and have everything set up right, no extra mods just the 2.1.9 pack and that's it. But for some reason (this has been happening since 2.1.6) whenever me and my friend leave the server, ALL of the machines wont work when we come back on. Everything just doesn't work. So we have to go through every machine and destroy it, then replace it. Even the AE stuff stops working. It is getting extremely frustrating seeing as we have quite a lot of machines. So yeah, that's the only bug that I have come across in AS; really great modpack btw, hope you manage to fix the bug :)

Rather than the machines check your energy conduits. I just reported a problem that started for me at 2.16 that causes energy conduits that cross a chunk boundary to stop conducting. All that is needed is to break the conduit on each side of the boundary and replace it.

The symptom that shows up is that all the machines beyond the broken conduit stop working because they have no power. You start breaking and replacing things and eventually it all starts working, but really it's that one conduit that needed to be updated.

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
Are Sands and Gravels no longer accepted in the High Oven? It now refuses to melt them, it's only melting dusts... Don't tell me I now need more autonomous activators and have 18 extra assemblers? :(

Reactions: Ichiban_Dashi

GamingWithAGoose

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than the machines check your energy conduits. I just reported a problem that started for me at 2.16 that causes energy conduits that cross a chunk boundary to stop conducting. All that is needed is to break the conduit on each side of the boundary and replace it.

The symptom that shows up is that all the machines beyond the broken conduit stop working because they have no power. You start breaking and replacing things and eventually it all starts working, but really it's that one conduit that needed to be updated.

It isn't the energy conduits because my AE crafting thing (the multi block structure) disforms, and it requires me to replace one block of it and it updates.

smbarbour

Jul 29, 2019
Its known... of course right now there aren't a lot of ways to get limestone ... other than reward bags <.< .... so not necessarily a bad thing
And sifting sand. You get limestone from sand. I guess it makes a good building material though since it is easily and massively duplicateable.

Prezombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm of the strong opinion that the apple tree (crafted with an apple and an oak sapling) is exploit-level OP. Once you get an apple, you've got no reason to not turn all your oaks into apple trees.

The "unripe" apples can be broken for a fresh apple, and an apple tree gives 3-8 apples, making it easier to simply break them and plant another apple tree sapling, rather than farm the unripe apple block.

There's also the fact that the sapling only ever needs one bonemeal to grow.

For balancing, I'd suggest making unripe apples drop nothing when broken, and bringing this tree's bonemeal mechanics in line with the vanilla trees. Might as well do the same with the rest of the fruit tree fruit blocks, and all the non-vanilla saplings.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Version: 2.1.9 (current recommended)

I am unable to hand in the quest "The Farmer" as it's refusing to accept raw porkchops. Something I'm doing wrong? I've tried manual submit, and through the QDS.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm of the strong opinion that the apple tree (crafted with an apple and an oak sapling) is exploit-level OP. Once you get an apple, you've got no reason to not turn all your oaks into apple trees.

The "unripe" apples can be broken for a fresh apple, and an apple tree gives 3-8 apples, making it easier to simply break them and plant another apple tree sapling, rather than farm the unripe apple block.

There's also the fact that the sapling only ever needs one bonemeal to grow.

For balancing, I'd suggest making unripe apples drop nothing when broken, and bringing this tree's bonemeal mechanics in line with the vanilla trees. Might as well do the same with the rest of the fruit tree fruit blocks, and all the non-vanilla saplings.

Ummm the HC crafting recipes for saplings are disabled.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Those are the recipes with apple + oak sapling = apple sapling? If so, I regret to say they're available in AgSk 2.1.9 :/. Haven't tried the other fruits though.

And just now tested Starfruit and Coconut and they both work as well.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
3.0.0 changes and updates:

Updated:

HQM - should fix the server issue for the larger servers
Blood Magic

Added:

Jaded's Blood - lets me tweak some more recipes
AutoPackager - adds a block that will autocraft 2x2 and 3x3 recipes... with some fiddling (details in quest book)

Important Read BEFORE updating:

I have added a lot of quests, I have also tweaked a lot of the existing quests. If your quest book gets stuck on a quest after the update, grab the /hqm edit {username} book and use it to toggle that quest. I have changed enough things that quests halfway through completion MAY get stuck. I added intermediate tiers to Hell's Kitchen and For the Hoarding. The first set of quests you will see in each need you to have a specific item in your inventory, or craft 1 of something. The "gather "10k items" quests have been moved to a second tier of quests and will not appear until after the first tier of that quest line is complete. So for Pyrotheum the default quest is get 1 bucket. Until you get that bucket the quest to gather 50 buckets will not show up in the book. I did this to semi-enable speed running. There is a quest to complete every quest in the book. However if people want to speed run the map for some reason, the main questline is now shortened to getting smaller amounts of most materials. True completion requires every quest be completed. In most cases the first tier quest will give you a heart, the collection quests will give you the reward bags and item rewards. Most of the Bragging Right quests have been made invisible until a "trigger" is completed. Usually crafting a specific item. They are secret ... I won't tell you what they are :p . If quests appear to have vanished... they haven't they are just now invisible till the required pre-quest is done.

You should not need to reset your book for this update, but should something go wrong, I have changed most of the getting started quests to "detection" which means if your book gets wiped you can grab items you already made put them in your inventory and the book will go "oh nvm... you have that " . Yes this can be abused in SMP by people handing stuff to friends. Which is why some crafting quests are still crafting and not detection.

The yellorium recipe has been changed. It is now an induction smelter recipe. You also have a 2% chance of getting it from sifting sand.

Loot bags have been edited. Most of the bags with multiple items have been split into smaller bags.

Quite a few new quests have been added. Some are just intermediary quests for speedrunners, some are invisible bragging quests. Before I call the pack complete on quests I really want to add a detailed Mariculture quest line and some more Blood Magic quests and more in depth bee quests. Though I keep thinking I should just create a bee tutorial map/pack.

You will probably get ID mismatches from me fixing the Ex Aquilo Hammer ID's

Last edited:
Reactions: LordSlyFox

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
3.0.0 changes and updates:

Updated:

HQM - should fix the server issue for the larger servers
Blood Magic

Added:

Jaded's Blood - lets me tweak some more recipes
AutoPackager - adds a block that will autocraft 2x2 and 3x3 recipes... with some fiddling (details in quest book)

Important Read BEFORE updating:

I have added a lot of quests, I have also tweaked a lot of the existing quests. If your quest book gets stuck on a quest after the update, grab the /hqm edit {username} book and use it to toggle that quest. I have changed enough things that quests halfway through completion MAY get stuck. I added intermediate tiers to Hell's Kitchen and For the Hoarding. The first set of quests you will see in each need you to have a specific item in your inventory, or craft 1 of something. The "gather "10k items" quests have been moved to a second tier of quests and will not appear until after the first tier of that quest line is complete. So for Pyrotheum the default quest is get 1 bucket. Until you get that bucket the quest to gather 50 buckets will not show up in the book. I did this to semi-enable speed running. There is a quest to complete every quest in the book. However if people want to speed run the map for some reason, the main questline is now shortened to getting smaller amounts of most materials. True completion requires every quest be completed. In most cases the first tier quest will give you a heart, the collection quests will give you the reward bags and item rewards. Most of the Bragging Right quests have been made invisible until a "trigger" is completed. Usually crafting a specific item. They are secret ... I won't tell you what they are :p . If quests appear to have vanished... they haven't they are just now invisible till the required pre-quest is done.

You should not need to reset your book for this update, but should something go wrong, I have changed most of the getting started quests to "detection" which means if your book gets wiped you can grab items you already made put them in your inventory and the book will go "oh nvm... you have that " . Yes this can be abused in SMP by people handing stuff to friends. Which is why some crafting quests are still crafting and not detection.

The yellorium recipe has been changed. It is now an induction smelter recipe. You also have a 2% chance of getting it from sifting sand.

Loot bags have been edited. Most of the bags with multiple items have been split into smaller bags.

Quite a few new quests have been added. Some are just intermediary quests for speedrunners, some are invisible bragging quests. Before I call the pack complete on quests I really want to add a detailed Mariculture quest line and some more Blood Magic quests and more in depth bee quests. Though I keep thinking I should just create a bee tutorial map/pack.

You will probably get ID mismatches from me fixing the Ex Aquilo Hammer ID's

Thanks for the update, i'm gonna enjoy it! =D

Just wondering about my quests though- all that are completed are now flashing saying they are completed but don't show completed (I finished all of learning to sky block before the update, but it says I have 16% complete.) Just wondering what to do here, I tried item in my inventory- didn't work. Do I have to edit the book like you said?

Cheers!

Jul 29, 2019
In version 3.0.0 I clicked into the quest book, and under "Learning to Skyblock" It says that all the quest reset, but the tool tip says they're complete.
I'm not sure how to better explain it.

Edit: Exploring more into the book, its not just "Learning to Skyblock" but seems to be everyone. It seems to have even reset some of the quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.