Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
So the "most evil recipe ever" for reinforced watering cans is now part of Extra Utilities.
Frankly, I'd just require the user to refill the damn thing every now and then, and occasionally reduce the health of the can if it's used for more than a second or two while empty, just like vanilla anvils require XP and have a chance of degrading when used. Make the fullness part of the item's NBT data, and use its metadata for a health bar (like normal), and the player can easily tell when their watering can is going to wear out. It's not like the original recipe is freaking difficult. And since you get four wooden bowls per crafting, you usually have three useless bowls that get thrown in a trash can unless you live in a mushroom biome -- with a can that wears out over time, that's not a problem.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
So the "most evil recipe ever" for reinforced watering cans is now part of Extra Utilities.
Frankly, I'd just require the user to refill the damn thing every now and then, and occasionally reduce the health of the can if it's used for more than a second or two while empty, just like vanilla anvils require XP and have a chance of degrading when used. Make the fullness part of the item's NBT data, and use its metadata for a health bar (like normal), and the player can easily tell when their watering can is going to wear out. It's not like the original recipe is freaking difficult. And since you get four wooden bowls per crafting, you usually have three useless bowls that get thrown in a trash can unless you live in a mushroom biome -- with a can that wears out over time, that's not a problem.
That's just it though.. It was a bug he never really wanted to promote... But he knew it was a glitch people loved, so he made it a patreon goal, but wanted to make them pay a high price for it. It was fairly powerful on it's own, but when it interacted with other crop helpers... Well it went unmatched.. He was thinking about doing what you suggested originally, but then he decided he didn't like the glitch as a whole...

Reactions: YX33A

Emoniph

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like witchery... Actually remove it from packs when I play. It frustrates me as a whole... Especailly his policies on any mods that add anything to combat it. "It has to go through me first~" Baaaaaaaaaah, got tired of little snots running around threatening eachother with taglocks, and other wizards having nothing to stop them because Emoniph adds something a patch after he catches wind of something that challenges witchery...

Witchery just seems like a pvp mod with an author that summons the indestructible robot that can destroy the universe with a pinky flick... Only time I ever plan to play a pack including witchery , is when my friend impliments their wizards duel themed mod... That'll be fun.. >W>
Hi KillerRamer, feedback from players and server admins is vitally important to get the balancing of the mod correct. I am currently working on ways to reduce access to the taglocks so offensive use is much harder (cursing is meant as a way to take revenge, not initiate an attack). This in addition to tools to allow server operators to designate "safe" zones to prevent teleport pulls should be sufficient to allay the majority of issues people are having (at least based on conversations I have had with server operators).

I am not actually aware of any mods that are being written/extended to specifically tackle witchery players, nor am I going out of my way to add content to this end. The Witch Hunter Gear set (which I suppose should be another mod) is intended to provide tools to combat any Witch/Mage type players, although it is especially harsh on Witchery players (as is the intent). I am hoping to build on this Hunter vs Witches theme in coming versions. The only specific coding against a feature from another mod was suggested by WayofTime to add teleport protection to the Witch Hunter gear for some new ritual he was putting together, since he felt it fitted well with the theme of Witch Hunting players.

Please feel free to drop by the IRC or MC forum, I am very interested in feedback from players both pro and con.

-Emoniph

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
...wait. Jens is doing retrogen? Or just making sure the new stuff will appear in new chunks generated in old worlds?
Retrogen would be insanely awesome, but maybe not the best idea. Still, what a thought.

Reactions: Padfoote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hi KillerRamer, feedback from players and server admins is vitally important to get the balancing of the mod correct. I am currently working on ways to reduce access to the taglocks so offensive use is much harder (cursing is meant as a way to take revenge, not initiate an attack). This in addition to tools to allow server operators to designate "safe" zones to prevent teleport pulls should be sufficient to allay the majority of issues people are having (at least based on conversations I have had with server operators).

I am not actually aware of any mods that are being written/extended to specifically tackle witchery players, nor am I going out of my way to add content to this end. The Witch Hunter Gear set (which I suppose should be another mod) is intended to provide tools to combat any Witch/Mage type players, although it is especially harsh on Witchery players (as is the intent). I am hoping to build on this Hunter vs Witches theme in coming versions. The only specific coding against a feature from another mod was suggested by WayofTime to add teleport protection to the Witch Hunter gear for some new ritual he was putting together, since he felt it fitted well with the theme of Witch Hunting players.

Please feel free to drop by the IRC or MC forum, I am very interested in feedback from players both pro and con.

-Emoniph
It's pretty nice against Mages, but forces you to avoid using magic at all.(or rather, forces you to not use Witchery or Ars Magicka 2) It's also quite expensive for what it does. I mean, yes, it's one nether star for 3 catalyst and duped with dirt cheap stuff, but the cost for the first 3 pieces? Nether Stars are the ultimate in "not early game, and likely not mid game either".

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
It's pretty nice against Mages, but forces you to avoid using magic at all.(or rather, forces you to not use Witchery or Ars Magicka 2) It's also quite expensive for what it does. I mean, yes, it's one nether star for 3 catalyst and duped with dirt cheap stuff, but the cost for the first 3 pieces? Nether Stars are the ultimate in "not early game, and likely not mid game either".
I like that it forces you not to use witchery... However I am hoping that some folks take it iinto account to add some armor sets with other magic mods in mind. Imagine Witch hunter thaumaturge set...It being like a pair of goggles mixed with a bad mother trucker hat... a pair of boots that worked like the seeping boots or possibly turned a negative effect into a positive one. Maybe a sworf of the thread stripper meant for severing ties to poppets..