[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Got a Minecraft suicide after trying to place the Ignis Incinerator, seems to be a different error as the one above.
Crashy crashy: http://pastebin.com/RAXCBNxi
I'm not sure what's up with that one, but..
Code:
at codechicken.lib.world.WorldExtensionManager.preTick(WorldExtensionManager.java:239)
That seems to have something to do with codechicken core. Bring it up to ChickenBones.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
My client won't even load...
Crash: http://pastebin.com/BBkm1azs
My log was erased, but I can get it for you if you need it. However, it's too large for one post, and it may be too large for pastebin... we'll see.
Also, the same thing happens on both 0.5.0 and 0.5.0a.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
My client won't even load...
Crash: http://pastebin.com/BBkm1azs
My log was erased, but I can get it for you if you need it. However, it's too large for one post, and it may be too large for pastebin... we'll see.
Also, the same thing happens on both 0.5.0 and 0.5.0a.
Some other mod is messing with either furnace recipes or iron ingots. There is no reason for the game to crash in that code.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. Would you happen to know if any of these are causing the problem?
Mod list: http://pastebin.com/J7aJ2a1X
It might actually be Industrialcraft. I've heard someone mention that IC2 messes with iron or removes it from the oredict. I'm not sure of anything else.[DOUBLEPOST=1401893441][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Democretes do you want to appoint yourself as official wiki guy for Technomancy?
Sure thing. Someone's still going to want to check on my stuff just to make it look better.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Tried testing a bit more, and placing down either the Ignis Incinerator or the Sanguine Infuser resulted in this:
http://pastebin.com/JaV2E7Ez
(The Botania one worked fine)
Then I took Optifine out, and got this after placing the incinerator:
http://pastebin.com/xquBYemN
Not sure what's up with that. I download the version myself and tested it and I'm not getting the latter error. I'm not messing with the first one. Modders work with bug reports when Optifine is installed for a reason.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
It might actually be Industrialcraft. I've heard someone mention that IC2 messes with iron or removes it from the oredict. I'm not sure of anything else.
Ah, that could be the problem. Apparently, they deprecated refined iron ingots into iron ingots themselves, so any references to smelting iron ingots (I think) will point back to iron ingots. And your new features, purifying ores; do they involve smelting ingots? That would be the issue...
... is there a way to work around this?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that could be the problem. Apparently, they deprecated refined iron ingots into iron ingots themselves, so any references to smelting iron ingots (I think) will point back to iron ingots. And your new features, purifying ores; do they involve smelting ingots? That would be the issue...
... is there a way to work around this?
When you smelt a purified iron, it turns into iron ingots. I may just be doing it wrong, or they might be screwing with it. If the latter is the case, then they need to stop messing with things that they shouldn't be messing with.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... My client loads up, but the world crashes on loading. I was trying to add Technomancy to an Agrarian Skies map, so I definitely don't have IC2 to interact weirdly. Crashlog: http://pastebin.com/GYdXEPpA
I have no idea what you did or how you did it but you broke things in a way that shouldn't be broken. At best if it does the same thing again, redownload and try it out.

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what you did or how you did it but you broke things in a way that shouldn't be broken. At best if it does the same thing again, redownload and try it out.
Redownload fixed it, so I have no idea what I broke - literally just dragged and dropped into the mods folder and tweaked two block IDs, this second try is using the same config :p Goodness knows what I did, but it's loaded up successfully now!

Something that doesn't seem to have been suggested/requested from what I can see in here is an RF-powered alchemical furnace for melting down your essentia. Any chance we could see one of those in the future? I hate having to fuel things I can connect to a power grid, and I think the alchemical furnace is one of the few things that refuses to be helpful in that regard :p
EDIT: Oh! Ignore me! Just researched the Galvanised Bellows for the first time, now I see :p

Last edited:

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what's up with that. I download the version myself and tested it and I'm not getting the latter error. I'm not messing with the first one. Modders work with bug reports when Optifine is installed for a reason.
After taking out everything but the required mods and still getting that crash, I tried redownloads the mod and it stopped crashing. The blocks can be place as they should in the world.
...However, other than the Botania purifier, none of them work -- no GUIs, no pipe connections, nothing, even in the super barebones mod pack. All mod compatibilities are enabled in the config and I'm running the most updated versions of all of them, too.
...However2, they seem to be working just fine when I downgrade to 0.5.0. Even so, it looks like the machines have a random chance of crashing when you change the order around, as the Botania something worked fine for a while but then decided to crash another time after I was testing the other two, and the same happened to the Blood Magic one.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
After taking out everything but the required mods and still getting that crash, I tried redownloads the mod and it stopped crashing. The blocks can be place as they should in the world.
...However, other than the Botania purifier, none of them work -- no GUIs, no pipe connections, nothing, even in the super barebones mod pack. All mod compatibilities are enabled in the config and I'm running the most updated versions of all of them, too.
...However2, they seem to be working just fine when I downgrade to 0.5.0. Even so, it looks like the machines have a random chance of crashing when you change the order around, as the Botania something worked fine for a while but then decided to crash another time after I was testing the other two, and the same happened to the Blood Magic one.
Yep, I done goofed. I'm throwing up a fix now.

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
I just setup my first Ecological Transmutor and when it has no redstone signal, it draws power into it's buffer and then the power goes away (I'm assuming it's using it) and this cycle repeats itself over and over.

If I give it a redstone signal, this behavior stops and it fills up it's buffer with power.

However in the changelog for 0.2.0 it states "Change: Ecological Transmuter only runs when a redstone signal is applied."

I'm confused, can you help clear this up for me?

P.S. Fantastic mod, keep up the great work!

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I just setup my first Ecological Transmutor and when it has no redstone signal, it draws power into it's buffer and then the power goes away (I'm assuming it's using it) and this cycle repeats itself over and over.

If I give it a redstone signal, this behavior stops and it fills up it's buffer with power.

However in the changelog for 0.2.0 it states "Change: Ecological Transmuter only runs when a redstone signal is applied."

I'm confused, can you help clear this up for me?

P.S. Fantastic mod, keep up the great work!
Turns out that I lied. It will shut off when the redstone signal is applied. Sorry for the confusion.