FTB Official 1.7 Modpacks - General Discussion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Hello people of the forums,
I've been wanting to discuss upcoming 1.7 packs with others, maybe estimate the release date etc.
So, to my knowledge:
- 1.7 modpacks will be coming "soon", exactly how soon remains a mystery to us.
- 1.7 modpacks are regularly described to be large and exciting.
- 1.7 modpacks are being discussed on this thread.
- A custom (maybe private) 1.7 modpack is being created by @VikeStep.

So, just a general discussion, and a celebration for my recent "Well-Known Member" achievement.
So, anybody know any names? Release dates? Included mods, etc?

Off we go! :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I thought there were going to be multiple "main" packs based respectively around RF and EU?

Probably, but the way I read it was that the main pack (so 1.7's Monster) would be based on RF, with the other packs being mainly RF, with a few side packs based on IC2 or BC.

Reactions: RealSketch

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 1.7 pack. That's pretty much a guarantee unless he decides to not do a SSP season. Past that, it's all speculation.

Even if he doesn't, just look at 1.5

TBH There are only a few mods left that really need to update for the big packs to come out, but without them 1.7 pack won't be as worth playing. I just want more custom packs like AgS, MF2 and BnB. @AlCapella and I started work on one this weekend, but its 1.6. Can't wait to make a pack without item IDs.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I think almost certainly. :(

I'm thinking the streamlining of the power systems might reduce it a bit.

IE a modpack with no IC2 won't have like compactwindmills, advanced solars or MFFS (i think that's based on IC2?)
a modpack based on IC2 with no RF mods would be quite a lot smaller given the amount of mods that are being based on it now.

But then the gaps will probably be filled with even more other stuff. We need at least 20 more mods adding bizarre things you'll never use to dungeon chests and abandoned minecarts ;)

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery

IE a modpack with no IC2 won't have like compactwindmills, advanced solars or MFFS (i think that's based on IC2?)
a modpack based on IC2 with no RF mods would be quite a lot smaller given the amount of mods that are being based on it now.

But then the gaps will probably be filled with even more other stuff. We need at least 20 more mods adding bizarre things you'll never use to dungeon chests and abandoned minecarts ;)

That's awesome, in my opinion! A main pack with a new variety of mods - and at the same time being big - would be really interesting. Usually modpacks with a big amount different and new mods are somewhat small - althouth this type of pack was more common in the Technical Launcher then FTB's, but the ideia still applies. Over all, they're still kinda rare all by itself - considering that new and full of potencial mods are difficult to find nowadays, it seems.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

MFFS is UE (so its compatible with RF, MJ and EU). There was a "classic" version of it that only worked with EU, but I'm not sure what happend to it. TBH it was inferior. If you look at all of the additional things @Calclavia has added, the original does not compare.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
@RealSketch congrats on that.
@Mevansuto shots fired on the MFFS topic, eh? ;) The "original" MFFS is now maintained by minalien and a few others. It was mostly an "ideological" fork over one MFFS over the other. The interoperability of calclavia's mffs is definitely a huge plus though.
And I agree with @Padfoote as he sums it up. This is all pure speculation at this point :p[DOUBLEPOST=1400391123][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's awesome, in my opinion! A main pack with a new variety of mods - and at the same time being big - would be really interesting. Usually modpacks with a big amount different and new mods are somewhat small - althouth this type of pack was more common in the Technical Launcher then FTB's, but the ideia still applies. Over all, they're still kinda rare all by itself - considering that new and full of potencial mods are difficult to find nowadays, it seems.

TPPI and @InsaneJ digger's pack are two mod packs in this "BIG" category ^^ you wish for, but on the FTB launcher :)