Dumb Tricks - Dumb/OP Mod Interactions Edition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Besides initial magma? xD
you can plug any rf on the energy conduit or mj energy production (on the pneumatic engine). Or else rotarycraft engines directly. So a survivalist engine with 2 stick should jump start the process.

I chose the magmatic dynamo because it's powered by what we produce in excess of course...

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Steel can mine both cobalt and ardite and can be obtained before the ability to break obsidian. four coal around an iron ingot = steel dust.
That is not the only way, easiest yes but not only.

Learned recently that TE3's Induction Smelter can make railcraft steel (apparently cheaper then the steel dust if memory serves me well it was 1 iron ingot + 2 coal). And if you have Mek, you can make steel via Mek's Infuser. Combined with some Blood Magic at tier2 (Sigil of the Fast Miner) and you can mine through Obsidian with a Steel pick at a decent pace, same holds true for cobalt and ardite.

It can make early game TiCo easily by passed. My biggest pet peeve with it was he wasting of 3 diamonds to advance to the better picks, I often never used that diamond pick after I get the top tier metal.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
It can make early game TiCo easily by passed. My biggest pet peeve with it was he wasting of 3 diamonds to advance to the better picks, I often never used that diamond pick after I get the top tier metal.
That's why I like the igneous extruder. On my current world I don't think I've mined obsidian at all, I have a lava fabricator connected to an igneous extruder making obsidian when I have less than 32ish in my ME system.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if this has been mentioned, and I haven't tested it yet, but: would an AM2 reconstructor be able to recharge a TE3 energy cell?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno if this has been mentioned, and I haven't tested it yet, but: would an AM2 reconstructor be able to recharge a TE3 energy cell?

I think that DW20 raised this in an LP at one point, I think that the AM reconstructor only works on items that take standard damage (whatever the hell that is), so items from TiC that are electric don't work. I would assume that would extend to Energy Cells.

Further, given how long and slow that is, I can't see you getting much benefit.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Learned recently that TE3's Induction Smelter can make railcraft steel (apparently cheaper then the steel dust if memory serves me well it was 1 iron ingot + 2 coal).
The rotary craft blast furnace produce more then 1 steel per iron. Very hard to beat. You only need a few gun powder dust. 2-3 gunpowder would make a full set of steel gears.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
I think that DW20 raised this in an LP at one point, I think that the AM reconstructor only works on items that take standard damage (whatever the hell that is), so items from TiC that are electric don't work. I would assume that would extend to Energy Cells.

Meh... If you have a lot of manager coming in, it would be a trickle of free RF, but its still pretty meh.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

he was talking about damage being stored only in metadata (the second number next to the ID) or in NBT as well

the reconstructor can only fix metadata damage and doesn't touch the NBT data

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
anyone have tried some fez wearing flesh golem swimming in spring water on well of suffering under a blood altar?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The rotary craft blast furnace produce more then 1 steel per iron. Very hard to beat. You only need a few gun powder dust. 2-3 gunpowder would make a full set of steel gears.

It defaults to a chance at receiving more steel, with that chance going up with the more slots you have filled with iron. So it isn't always a 100% at receiving more steel (unless you change the setting in the config ;)).
anyone have tried some fez wearing flesh golem swimming in spring water on well of suffering under a blood altar?

I don't know if that would work, as their regen would have to be quite high. Tests I've seen report that a fairly high regen level (Regen 2 or 3) is needed for mobs that can't heal like witches.
Just use witches :p they heal themselves.

As much as I dislike that option, it's at least friendlier on servers than a massive mob trap.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
some of these are great, but they mainly seem to to be focused around horizons/monster. Are there some that can be applied to packs like MF2 or B&B?

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if that would work, as their regen would have to be quite high. Tests I've seen report that a fairly high regen level (Regen 2 or 3) is needed for mobs that can't heal like witches.

The whole point of flesh golems is their natural regen is very high. All you need is spring water or the ritual (not recommended as all your golems could die if you or some idiot you're working with isn't careful to keep your network full). No fezzes needed (and a fez alone isn't enough). Unless he's made the well of suffering do damage faster recently.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The whole point of flesh golems is their natural regen is very high. All you need is spring water or the ritual (not recommended as all your golems could die if you or some idiot you're working with isn't careful to keep your network full). No fezzes needed (and a fez alone isn't enough). Unless he's made the well of suffering do damage faster recently.

I know they have a rather high regen, but as I don't really use TC4 golems (like, at all) I didn't know it was that fast.

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
You can get Rotarycraft HSLA Steel by puting normal Steel(Railcraft Steel or Tinkers Construct Steel) in an Automated Dictionary Converter (Mariculture) or Unifier (MFR) set to convert Steel to HSLA steel (Tested in Monster 1.1.1)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You can get Rotarycraft HSLA Steel by puting normal Steel(Railcraft Steel or Tinkers Construct Steel) in an Automated Dictionary Converter (Mariculture) or Unifier (MFR) set to convert Steel to HSLA steel (Tested in Monster 1.1.1)

That works until the setting in the RotaryCraft config is changed to disallow HSLA steel usage in other mods (I think, might test this now).