Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @mDiyo with Tinkers Construct again
mDiyo said:
  • - Fixed Smeltery failing over time

and @ProfMobius with an update for WAILA
ProfMobius said:
v1.5.2a
  • Compatibility fix for ThermalExpansion 3.0.0.5
  • All revealing items in Thaumcraft will show the proper essentias in the tooltip
  • Added Estonian translations (Thx to Raul Tambre).
  • Updated German translations (Thx to Vexatos).

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
So, Greg is apparently finally making his move away from IC2 and towards being a standalone mod. He has stated that he has made his own version of the E-Net specifically for Gregtech, and has been showing off quite a bit of the new stuff he's been making:

(Spoiler'd because images)
index.php

index.php

(I really hope those are developer art textures, they're just so... UGH!)

index.php

He's also making quite a few other significent changes; He's doing away with the traditional "make an upgrade item out of some circuits and put in a machine and HAYO!! OVER9000CLOCKER!!1" Instead, he will be adding various tiers of every machine, which will accept higher and higher voltages and thus allow them to run faster and faster, though also less and less efficiently.

GregoriousT said:
What I said the first time was not using LV Machines or Parts to craft MV machines and similar. You can still use Low Voltage EU on Medium Voltage Machines since the Machines usually not consume the full Voltage anyways.

Also I DO plan on making Machines decraftable (and that 100% exploit free by saving the Crafting Ingredients as NBT), so you can get 50% (or so) of the Parts you used to craft them back. You just need to use those old Parts (Grinding Heads and Sawblades are not tiered and therefor the same in all Tiers of the Machine) to craft the new and Upgraded Machine.

Some Machines will behave slightly different when upgraded to a higher Tier, E-Furnii will get more Efficient (compared to the Overclocking) for example. And other Machines need the higher Tier just to get the proper Voltage for certain Recipes.

I always disliked the concept of just putting a few Circuits and Coolant on a Machine to make it run faster, you can do that to a Computer, but to a Furnace? Isn't that supposed to be hot? And Macerators? Their rotations would vibrate the shit outta you when overclocked instead of heating up, meaning you need a more stable Hull instead of a Coolant. Every Machine needs an individual Upgrade depending on its purpose, and a whole Set of Tiers is the best way to do that.

And the Transformer Upgrades are also not really that good, they were necessary because of the now borked E-net not having any Amperage, but I doubt anyone used them instead of a 32EU * 256/tick Line back then. And now you can always slam a Transformer Block on the Side where the Energy is going into, what is cheaper most of the time anyways. It might not be that Compact but it works perfectly well.
I will add a complete Set of Transformers from ULV up to ZPM Voltage and maybe beyond btw. so you have Cover Compatible Transformers in case you are worried about your Wiring.

Battery Upgrades will be replaced by the Battery Slots, what is an actual improvement since you can then just take the Battery out and replace it with a better one, what is also compatible with all other EU Battery Adding Mods (and also UE Batteries in case I finally fix UE Compatibility).

MJ Upgrades will be removed entirely, because that is just broken and not worth fixing, since BC breaks it all the time.

Steam, Muffler and Lock Upgrades will stay the way they are now.

Overclockers are only used for some Machines, which are not belonging to the Standard Machines (And I am going to make many Machines into Standard Machines).

@above: I plan to make Multiblock Machines, which are more Efficient than the 1 Block variants (That would be the way to get more Efficient), but that is currently too much work for the 1.7 release itself and would cause a ton of delay.

Also, he has been making a lot of references to the Stargate series, and seems to intend on making his future-planned stargates based on that. He even added Zero-Point Modules as a rare bit of loot from jungle temples a few versions back, though he's apparently changing where they spawn in 1.7

Last edited:

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Considering the quality of the rest of his textures, I'm not sure it really matters.
Personally, I like his textures. They may not be Thaumcraft-level OMGSOPRETTY, but they fit together quite nicely, and convey what they're supposed to. Besides, his mod isn't really intended to be pretty.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I like his textures. They may not be Thaumcraft-level OMGSOPRETTY, but they fit together quite nicely, and convey what they're supposed to. Besides, his mod isn't really intended to be pretty.
Point made, but Ic2 till needs it's textures to look nicer. I mean even buildcraft is doing it. Everything doesn't need to be Thaumcraft/Botania level, but please don't hurt my eyes. Blood Magic does a nice job of this. Simple, yet not painful to look at.

Reactions: RedBoss

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there's only so much you can do with 16x16 textures on a cube...

I suppose I might take a stab at giving Greg some better textures once he updates and I know what I'll be dealing with.

but anyway, that snide little comment I made was supposed to be the most minor part of that post. :p Standalone Gregtech!

Reactions: Pyure

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Gregs art skills are known to be rather.... bad.

His machines are fine and all because they are simple. Then you come to the big boys of steam blast furnace and cables and oh boy....

@sirusking help him please :c

Reactions: abculatter_2

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Great maybe this will encourage IC2 to revert back there "ballanceing". Though I use the term with great jest.
Many people, myself included, enjoy the changes they have been making.
Also, if this is refering to the incomplete features such as the E-Net changes, remember that this is an experimental build. Specifically the E-net changes were basically just them testing things for a future rewrite, which will apparently still allow infinite packets through a cable, but at increasing energy loss per packet.

That's what I heard, anyway.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Finally Greg went standalone.
Now let's hope his mod will keep his changes to it own self too instead of mucking around the others.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Finally Greg went standalone.
Now let's hope his mod will keep his changes to it own self too instead of mucking around the others.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Greg will continue to have his changes to vanilla, if that's what you mean.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
For those who have ever been to Atomic Stryker's website before it has had a pretty new facelift: Link

If you go to the license page you will also see that all his mods are now open source. He hasn't changed his strict licensing however. Another thing is that he has set up a Patreon, but that might have been out for a while and I didn't see it

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
For those who have ever been to Atomic Stryker's website before it has had a pretty new facelift: Link

If you go to the license page you will also see that all his mods are now open source. He hasn't change his strict licensing however. Another thing is that he has set up a Patreon, but that might have been out for a while and I didn't see it

it looks better, but I kind of dislike the giant white area at the top, beside the information. might be a good idea to add a twitter feed or something in there[DOUBLEPOST=1398326611][/DOUBLEPOST]new day, new update, and today it's @bdew with Gendustry
bdew said:
Changes - 1.1.1
  • Fixed fluid loss with EnderIO
  • Renamed “Nocturnal” trait to “Ignores Day/Night” to better represent it’s effect
  • Removed Territory from required chromosomes for butterflies
  • Added /givesample command

Reactions: Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Many people, myself included, enjoy the changes they have been making.

You enjoy it requiring twice the amount of steps or more to make even a electric furnace as it douse any other mod? And that if you make any mistake it blows up on you and you have to start over againe? There is a reason it's in a fraction of the packs it used to be in.
It was supposedly balanced for difficulty and challenge. So why is it not in any of the hard mode packs?
In fact the only packs it's in are the super general and throw any teck mod in packs.
Face it as fare as pack makers and most players are concerned Ender IO is the new IC2. Fast effective powerful and well balanced. With out taking a week to set up a system that is half as effective as most others Like IC2.

Last edited:

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
So, Greg is apparently finally making his move away from IC2 and towards being a standalone mod.
Seriously thanks for sharing these news. I dont have time to read 10pages per day of gregs topic so this is very useful "summary". (i hope thats the right word for it)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Also, this isn't particularly mod news, but I thought I'd let everyone know that Guswut (who vanished sometimes last year), has reappeared on the minecraft forums. Link

Just thought people who remembered his awesomeness back in the day would be interested to know that he is still living :p.

I guess I should post some other kind of news so have some changelogs:

Magic Farm 2.1.9
Direwolf20 1.0.21
Blood N Bones 1.0.6
Blood N Bones 1.0.7
Agrarian Skies 2.0.3
Agrarian Skies 2.1.1
I was wondering what had happened to him, unfortunately that post is a month old. Hope he decides to join us again someday on the forums, he was a cool dude :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, Greg is apparently finally making his move away from IC2 and towards being a standalone mod. He has stated that he has made his own version of the E-Net specifically for Gregtech, and has been showing off quite a bit of the new stuff he's been making:

Excellent news; I'm a big fan of gt.