How to Transfer 4000+ Items Per Second

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Most Thaumaturgy, as a reminder, was basically more advanced alchemy, which is the most scientific type of magic outside of nanotech.

...Yes, people did that kinda stuff IRL. Back when people thought it did stuff and people still practiced alchemy.
Alchemy is as much a science as astrology or palm-reading - i.e. none.

I do not play ThaumCraft because it is too unforgiving and destructive. Screw up in one tiny way, and (under default settings) a purple corruption spawns that ultimately eats half your map. Even under the easiest settings allowed by the config, you still end up spending hours clicking - randomly, more often than not - in GUIs to accomplish what can more easily and effectively be done in other mods.

Also, I find that a lot of non-tech mods do not have an internal set of rules, but are more like "the laws of nature bend to what the plot demands". This results in extremely illogical and frustrating progression.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

I do not play ThaumCraft because it is too unforgiving and destructive. Screw up in one tiny way, and (under default settings) a purple corruption spawns that ultimately eats half your map. Even under the easiest settings allowed by the config, you still end up spending hours clicking - randomly, more often than not - in GUIs to accomplish what can more easily and effectively be done in other mods.

Also, I find that a lot of non-tech mods do not have an internal set of rules, but are more like "the laws of nature bend to what the plot demands". This results in extremely illogical and frustrating progression.
Randomness is gone in 4.1

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Yup, but it was the closest to a scientific process in how it was practiced, which is why it's the most scientific of all magics.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Well Im not a fan of the research mechanic either, (in fact I hate it) I guess thats what you are talking about with the random gui clicking. Its funny that the tech route is almost always easier than the magic route. Azanor is a bit of a sadist I think, the gregtech guy must be his alter ego. If I ran a server I would just hand out cheat thauminomicons to everyone.

But once you get past all of that, thaumcraft has an incredibly well thought out set of rules.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
But once you get past all of that, thaumcraft has an incredibly well thought out set of rules.
ThaumCraft does, but other magic mods - not naming any - do not. I was once playing one of them and was told (when I was trying something that had worked earlier in the "tech"tree) "the magic only works like that when researching X. Now you have to do this, and here is how it works."

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing seems to have been posted here in a little bit and yet there doesn't seem to be any answers that have been generally accepted. I have come to resurrect this thread and see this dilemma solved!
4k items per second also assumes resources are not an issue.

Since such a large amount of items can't be dealt with reliably by very many mods and no methods that I know of I will suggest spreading out the "problem".
I have only very recently started into RotaryCraft and as such don't exactly know the limits of the item vacuum so I apologize if this assumption is wrong.

The borer will directly output to some inventory I'm assuming by what I have read in this thread.
So outputting into a diamond chest (cause shiny) attaching 5 item vacuums at maximum power (here is the assumption part) to the chest will allow the items to be pulled rapidly from the diamond chest and put randomly into 5 other diamond chests. This then allows 5 impulse item ducts (max 2x64 stacks at a time) connections per outer diamond chest which all can lead to one or multiple tesseracts and also can be used for minor sorting at the borer site.

Destroying any cobble / cobble alternatives (geostrata) can output into one tesseract which outputs into a chest right above a lake of lava so any overflow destroys the excess cobble. Void pipes on the chest for style points.

Keeping some of the cobble is also an option with the round robin option on the impulse item ducts (round robin-ing) every other or so cobble to the lava chest (mentioned above).

Keeping all the cobble will be difficult due to the sheer amount of it being produced, from 50%+ (for easy math) of the items per second. If 2k cobble/s is produced massive barrel upgrades or multiple stacked ME drive is required. However with the borer's load on the initial chests (again assumptions here on the item vacuums) alleviated storage and sorting is left up to you.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Nothing seems to have been posted here in a little bit and yet there doesn't seem to be any answers that have been generally accepted. I have come to resurrect this thread and see this dilemma solved!
4k items per second also assumes resources are not an issue.

Since such a large amount of items can't be dealt with reliably by very many mods and no methods that I know of I will suggest spreading out the "problem".
I have only very recently started into RotaryCraft and as such don't exactly know the limits of the item vacuum so I apologize if this assumption is wrong.

The borer will directly output to some inventory I'm assuming by what I have read in this thread.
So outputting into a diamond chest (cause shiny) attaching 5 item vacuums at maximum power (here is the assumption part) to the chest will allow the items to be pulled rapidly from the diamond chest and put randomly into 5 other diamond chests. This then allows 5 impulse item ducts (max 2x64 stacks at a time) connections per outer diamond chest which all can lead to one or multiple tesseracts and also can be used for minor sorting at the borer site.

Destroying any cobble / cobble alternatives (geostrata) can output into one tesseract which outputs into a chest right above a lake of lava so any overflow destroys the excess cobble. Void pipes on the chest for style points.

Keeping some of the cobble is also an option with the round robin option on the impulse item ducts (round robin-ing) every other or so cobble to the lava chest (mentioned above).

Keeping all the cobble will be difficult due to the sheer amount of it being produced, from 50%+ (for easy math) of the items per second. If 2k cobble/s is produced massive barrel upgrades or multiple stacked ME drive is required. However with the borer's load on the initial chests (again assumptions here on the item vacuums) alleviated storage and sorting is left up to you.
The itemducts will be the bottleneck in that setup. They are pitifully slow for this sort of application.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
There are only three truly viable methods.
Method 1) spamming ender chests and import buses
Method 2) Reika's original post using rotarycraft and a variety of gypsy magics
Method 3) this is also the cheapest method. Have borers outputting to ender chests/ tesseracts. Have two chests or ender chests near where you want to output the items. Use Steve's factory manager to transfer the items into a variety of me interfaces at a rate of 999*512 items per second. Be amazed at the ability of Steve's factory manager. Cry. ???. Profit

Reactions: Padfoote

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
The itemducts will be the bottleneck in that setup. They are pitifully slow for this sort of application.

That's why I was expanding essentially the surface area from which they would work and the concept can be even further expanded. I feel that I haven't explained this very thoroughly because my plan was to pull out of the main diamond chest attached to the borer (let's call it D1A, diamond chest number 1 in A position) with 5 item vacuums (this is the part I was unsure of how fast they would be able to transfer items) pulling out of D1A and putting them into 5 other chests (D1B, D2B, D3B, D4B, D5B, which would be the said "expanded surface area") allowing up to 25 connections of impulse item ducts which can output a maximum of 25x(2x64).

However this setup can be further expanded, if the item ducts are still insufficient in retrieving items, by again placing 5 more item vacuums on D1B, D2B, D3B, D4B, and D5B. Which would allow for 25 more chests and 125 more item duct connections.

So yes I agree item ducts are slow, however the upgraded version of them are significantly better, but coupling them with the exponential scaling of this build eventually the item ducts would be sufficient.

I hope you understood this post a little better and understand that instead of pulling massive amounts of items from one single input chest I am merely diluting the flow down through successive uses of chests which allow for many more connections per Borer.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That's why I was expanding essentially the surface area from which they would work and the concept can be even further expanded. I feel that I haven't explained this very thoroughly because my plan was to pull out of the main diamond chest attached to the borer (let's call it D1A, diamond chest number 1 in A position) with 5 item vacuums (this is the part I was unsure of how fast they would be able to transfer items) pulling out of D1A and putting them into 5 other chests (D1B, D2B, D3B, D4B, D5B, which would be the said "expanded surface area") allowing up to 25 connections of impulse item ducts which can output a maximum of 25x(2x64).

However this setup can be further expanded, if the item ducts are still insufficient in retrieving items, by again placing 5 more item vacuums on D1B, D2B, D3B, D4B, and D5B. Which would allow for 25 more chests and 125 more item duct connections.

So yes I agree item ducts are slow, however the upgraded version of them are significantly better, but coupling them with the exponential scaling of this build eventually the item ducts would be sufficient.

I hope you understood this post a little better and understand that instead of pulling massive amounts of items from one single input chest I am merely diluting the flow down through successive uses of chests which allow for many more connections per Borer.
And when you have 36 borers?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Have you tried out Transition planes? Just wrap the area around the bore in them, and set up fans to blow any stray items off the power train. As far as I know, it's instant intake of items. It means the default behavior of items spewing on the ground is actually the intended process.

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
And when you have 36 borers?

I'm saying this is to be set up per borer. Again, with 36 borers outputting 4k items per second materials are less than trivial at that point.

And about the post with the transition planes. I would think that would cause a fair amount of tick lag even though the entities may only exist for a few ticks especially with 36 borers.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm saying this is to be set up per borer. Again, with 36 borers outputting 4k items per second materials are less than trivial at that point.

And about the post with the transition planes. I would think that would cause a fair amount of tick lag even though the entities may only exist for a few ticks especially with 36 borers.
Those items also exist when you transport them by itemduct don't they?

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Itemduct, yes. Not AE or RC.
ow i know, but i wanted to point out to lord that using item ducts or transition planes would not make a difference either way. The planes would probably be even better, since the items will exist for a shorter time then when they are transported by duct i reckon

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
since no one has posted it yet, I though I should.

first, I run this method with 4 upgraded quarrys(bc expansion) at the same time with no trouble. it requires translocators from chickenchunks, ender chests, and a, or more transition plane. first, place 4 ender chests in a plus pattern, leaving the center spot open. then above the slot place a transition plane. on top of each chest, and each side place an (item) translocator and set them so that they are all feeding into the plane. then, click on them with glowstone dust... on chest translocator works best. hook your transition plane to your network and sit back and watch.

I am not sure how much the set up can handle max, though you can modify it as well. like i said i ran 4 quarryPlus on it, full sized, with no trouble. and only two were full capacity with barely any on the third face. oh, and they were fully enchanted

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
since no one has posted it yet, I though I should.

first, I run this method with 4 upgraded quarrys(bc expansion) at the same time with no trouble. it requires translocators from chickenchunks, ender chests, and a, or more transition plane. first, place 4 ender chests in a plus pattern, leaving the center spot open. then above the slot place a transition plane. on top of each chest, and each side place an (item) translocator and set them so that they are all feeding into the plane. then, click on them with glowstone dust... on chest translocator works best. hook your transition plane to your network and sit back and watch.

I am not sure how much the set up can handle max, though you can modify it as well. like i said i ran 4 quarryPlus on it, full sized, with no trouble. and only two were full capacity with barely any on the third face. oh, and they were fully enchanted
Quarries are nothing next to the power of the boring machine.