Real life Minecraft moments

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
but the aqueous acculator can pull the water out of the air...and is plenty fast for this meager purpose :D
You are sorely mistaken, you still need to immerse (or at least with 2 water source block beside it) it in water for it to work.
It doesn't "pull water out of the air". :p

BunnyVulture

Jul 29, 2019
Looking a the backyard and thinking about how I would go about designing a garden or backyard and then going, gravel here, microblock there, add some dirt....

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
You are sorely mistaken, you still need to immerse (or at least with 2 water source block beside it) it in water for it to work.
It doesn't "pull water out of the air". :p

You sir are the one that is sorely mistaken ;)

carmont492

Jul 29, 2019
The whole chunk loading part of this thread is why I love science! Endless possibilities that aren't clouded by the intense belief of a divine being.
But, as always each to their own!

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
we are all slowly overlayng RL logic with MC logic.

read this on a site= A minecraft player jumps off a 23 meter high building. when he gets to heaven he asks, why didn't i survive with half a heart?

null123

Mar 27, 2014
*Opens fridge Sees grren blur. Punches fridge nonstop for a minute. Realises greenbis.lettuce, not a creeper*

Reactions: rhn

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone seen the minecraft action figures at walmart now?...lol

I was looking at them and the only thing I could think was that the "block" they come with is oversized.

minecraft+actionfigures6.jpg

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Using a little MC logic on the real world can actually result in some interesting conclusions:

A while back I was driving home and I started thinking about player chunk loading radius and how it would move with me as I drove(like when you fly around in MC). I then thought about how inefficient the world was. All the stuff that was going on with no one to observe it. Birds in the trees, worms and insects in the ground of the forest. That it kept everything everywhere loaded even when no one was nearby... Or does it? o_O

Maybe we are on to something here. Maybe this is exactly what things like Quantum Indeterminacy is actually all about? If no one is observing it, then there is no need to waste resources on processing it. The cat is not determined dead before someone actually looks. If no one is observing the particle, there is no need to process which state it is in and processing resources can be saved for other particles that are being observed.

This must also means that the universe is actually a simulation! And it is being run by someone who have significant processing power yet not infinitely so since they still care about "chunkloading". This rules out "divine" beings as they probably wouldn't need to run simulations and if so then they would probably have infinite processing power.

So Ipsum Factum(or whatever it is called), the universe is a simulation and we are all pawns in some guys experiment.... Oh, almost home now.
This just in: The Matrix is real!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Anyone seen the minecraft action figures at walmart now?...lol
I was looking at them and the only thing I could think was that the "block" they come with is oversized.

< image snip >

Actually, I HAVE those.. and the blocks are actually pretty nicely sized to be fair. Steve is 1.8 blocks tall, just as he should be. (The CHEST and BED, on the other hand.. BIGGER than they should be :U)

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I HAVE those.. and the blocks are actually pretty nicely sized to be fair. Steve is 1.8 blocks tall, just as he should be. (The CHEST and BED, on the other hand.. BIGGER than they should be :U)

I very seriously considered buying them all...I have no clue as to why I would though, lol...other than to say I have them.

Or more likely, to put them in random positions around my house, steve watering the plants, a creeper in the bathroom...fun fun