Real life Minecraft moments

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think most of you can recognise starting thinking in game terms in real life after having played a game a lot(read: too much). At least it is not something that happens infrequently for me :p
So thought I would start this thread where we could share our funny stories of these weird mind slips :)

I will start with a recent story. Have been doing some rather drastic landscaping in the garden. This includes driving in around 200 cubit meters of dirt which cant but make my mind wander over into MC terms :p Even with heavy machinery and quite a few days work it is only a little over 3 stacks of dirt! Damn RL sucks!

So with all this extra dirt I had to extend a bank leading down to a drainage ditch bordering the neighbouring field up vertically today. But stupid RL dirt has this thing with gravity. It wont make inclines higher than about 25-30 degrees. RL sucks!

So grass can hold the dirt and allow much steeper inclines. But RL grass dont spread that fast and it is going to rain tomorrow. So even if I could stack up the dirt temporary it would be washed down. RL sucks!

Ok so I am going to have to get some grass "blocks" to build up the embankment of. Hmm silk touch shovel? RL enchantments? Nah normal RL shovel will also cut grass. RL win! No Efficiency enchant, RL sucks! So cutting out 1m3 grass blocks? Forget it. 20x20x10cm is probably the best you can do and carrying 3-4 at the time is a challenge. RL sucks!

But at least the shovels durability lasted all day. But then again I probably didn't move more than 2 cubic meters of grass "blocks", so not really a win...

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Should have used a filler :).

I don't have a long story like that one...but I do have a habit of measure buildings as I'm driving down the road to determine what ratio of blocks I would need to duplicate it...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
TohO1ca.jpg

Cross mod interaction

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Using a little MC logic on the real world can actually result in some interesting conclusions:

A while back I was driving home and I started thinking about player chunk loading radius and how it would move with me as I drove(like when you fly around in MC). I then thought about how inefficient the world was. All the stuff that was going on with no one to observe it. Birds in the trees, worms and insects in the ground of the forest. That it kept everything everywhere loaded even when no one was nearby... Or does it? o_O

Maybe we are on to something here. Maybe this is exactly what things like Quantum Indeterminacy is actually all about? If no one is observing it, then there is no need to waste resources on processing it. The cat is not determined dead before someone actually looks. If no one is observing the particle, there is no need to process which state it is in and processing resources can be saved for other particles that are being observed.

This must also means that the universe is actually a simulation! And it is being run by someone who have significant processing power yet not infinitely so since they still care about "chunkloading". This rules out "divine" beings as they probably wouldn't need to run simulations and if so then they would probably have infinite processing power.

So Ipsum Factum(or whatever it is called), the universe is a simulation and we are all pawns in some guys experiment.... Oh, almost home now.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The simulation theory of the universe...I like where this thread is going. How about we go into Matrix territory. In Minecraft using a medium (nei, creative, and command lines) you can gain nearly (hard drive limit) infinite power. If power is stored in data then we could therefore get nearly infinite power in a simulation universe. The laws of nature would be the coding language.

However in chunk loading, we run into the problem of who is an observer/player. Do we determine that anything that can make decisions and thoughts a player. If we did everything is a player because all things make decisions based on the laws of the universe. Also, in quantum mechanics an observer is simply another particle like a photon, electron, quark, etc. Thus how do we determine what to load. If there is only one piece of information, data, or particle then no decisions have to be made once it is out of the loading range of other particles and has expended its velocity already. So if there is only one particle and all of its energy is already converted to mass then it must be still and we can unload its radius except for areas in its radius loaded by other particles.

You may be wonder about the fact that we have not decided on a loading radius. It must be something where anything outside the range will never get there because if we have something that will change an outcome then we must factor for it. What would be this kind of range, absolutely nothing. So we must assume that they do not need that much information from the simulation and can leave out anything that will affect the system marginally or will never get there.

Eh I need to take a break from this will be back later :p

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Using a little MC logic on the real world can actually result in some interesting conclusions:

A while back I was driving home and I started thinking about player chunk loading radius and how it would move with me as I drove(like when you fly around in MC). I then thought about how inefficient the world was. All the stuff that was going on with no one to observe it. Birds in the trees, worms and insects in the ground of the forest. That it kept everything everywhere loaded even when no one was nearby... Or does it? o_O

Maybe we are on to something here. Maybe this is exactly what things like Quantum Indeterminacy is actually all about? If no one is observing it, then there is no need to waste resources on processing it. The cat is not determined dead before someone actually looks. If no one is observing the particle, there is no need to process which state it is in and processing resources can be saved for other particles that are being observed.

This must also means that the universe is actually a simulation! And it is being run by someone who have significant processing power yet not infinitely so since they still care about "chunkloading". This rules out "divine" beings as they probably wouldn't need to run simulations and if so then they would probably have infinite processing power.

So Ipsum Factum(or whatever it is called), the universe is a simulation and we are all pawns in some guys experiment.... Oh, almost home now.
Welp the experiment is being reset...

Reactions: Dezz

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
In real life i play cs an i saw this :p
bio hazard material waste super poisoning drums
de_train0000.jpg

and this steam boiler :3
de_train0001.jpg
i hope this count

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Which of the things on my desk haven't I scanned with the Thaumometer yet?