Ask a complex Question, get a long Answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! As some players requested in another thread(namely @SkeletonPunk ) A simple answer thread is not suited for longer questions. So to help with section cleanup, and for players to hve a central place for complex questions, I thought this thread would be nice.

Reactions: RealSketch

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here it goes.. There is another autofeeding energy production (without farms) rather than MFR oil fabricator with boilers?[DOUBLEPOST=1395706347][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll start with this: what is the best TiC chisel?

Sorry for making it simple but:

Cobalt Head and Manulyum handle :p Highest durability for a chisel.. Then use modifiers as you please. And because there is no handle you cant reach the Unbreakable stat so yeah.. Better to use Cobalt for the head instead of obsidian :p

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here it goes.. There is another autofeeding energy production (without farms) rather than MFR oil fabricator with boilers?
(dear god I hope you mean infinite fuel scource) I would try doiung a mobs spawning contraption inside a fortress so you get coal and pump that into the boiler, worked for me

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
(dear god I hope you mean infinite fuel scource) I would try doiung a mobs spawning contraption inside a fortress so you get coal and pump that into the boiler, worked for me

Well, if you use the boiler and the oil fabricator you get infinite fuel, which makes for infinite energy because one feeds the other... So yeah, i mean infinite fuel source and autofeeding energy production as one feeds of the other in an automatic way :p And as i've said, I want to know if there is some way to accomplish that without farms (Being them vegetal/animal/mobs farms)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well, if you use the boiler and the oil fabricator you get infinite fuel, which makes for infinite energy because one feeds the other... So yeah, i mean infinite fuel source and autofeeding energy production as one feeds of the other in an automatic way :p And as i've said, I want to know if there is some way to accomplish that without farms (Being them vegetal/animal/mobs farms)

If I'm understanding this correctly, Mekanism's hydrogen generator / electrolytic separator can do what you're looking for.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
In a standard, say, 9x9 area filled with cursed earth, what are my options for moving spawned mobs to the center block?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In a standard, say, 9x9 area filled with cursed earth, what are my options for moving spawned mobs to the center block?

TT adds a block that allows you to either pull or push mobs. Corporeal Attractor I believe.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
TT adds a block that allows you to either pull or push mobs. Corporeal Attractor I believe.

Aha! I had this vaguely in mind when I wrote the post, actually.

If it is put above the 1x1 hole in the center, will it pull mobs into the hole and then let them drop?

Or is its suction so great that it will leave them hanging in the air?

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Aha! I had this vaguely in kind when I wrote the post, actually.

If it is put above the 1x1 hole in the center, will it pull mobs into the hole and then let them drop?

Or is its suction so great that it will leave them hanging in the air?

Not sure TBH. I have a feeling it might leave them hanging in the air.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Not trying to offend anyone here but wouldn't it be easier if you just have a row of fans on one end blowing the mobs to another end where there is a 2 block drop groove instead?

It is easier unless there is a specific reason to do it like you want to.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
They have a limited range, and I'd guess that 32 fans blowing mobs full-time would lag a wee bit.

But you said a 9x9.. In a 9x9 you wouldn't have any problem with that.. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you wouldnt need 32 fans.. In a 9x9 you could go with 7 fans pointing to the center and you would be done, remember that mobs also move.. And no.. Even if you use a fuck ton of fans, they dont lag :p (My enderman farm used almost 64 of them and no lag whatsoever :p)

Reactions: RedBoss

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
But you said a 9x9.. In a 9x9 you wouldn't have any problem with that.. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you wouldnt need 32 fans.. In a 9x9 you could go with 7 fans pointing to the center and you would be done, remember that mobs also move.. And no.. Even if you use a fuck ton of fans, they dont lag :p (My enderman farm used almost 64 of them and no lag whatsoever :p)

Well, this sounds amazing. I'll go with the fans, then.

Thanks, guys!