My Little "Picture-Through"

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, they can go in reverse too, much slower though. Locomotives are much easier to work with since you can use routing tracks and set them to route wherever you want to when they have a ticket in them. It can make everything so much easier to do.

Ah. I should've looked into them. And you can only go forwards was meant as a metaphor. Sorry if it wasn't very clear ;)

There's no particular advantage to standard over reinforced, but reinforced over High-Speed is an advantage in that it won't blow up if you don't slow down with transition tracks, but still provides a 25% boost to speed.

The other upside to Locomotives, is that they'll plow through any mobs on the track. So you don't have to worry about getting blown up on the way.
I'll just have to make sure that my track is mob-free ;)

hey, if your so content with answering my question, why did you say "dont ask" on your original forum post?
I personally have no idea. I may have realized that my answer wouldn't be as "weird" as I thought. :p

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
A minor update in few pictures, but with big meaning and time investment!

8tBjbd3.png

Not bad. Close to 5 GJ! On a sadder note, it's a shame that the saplings that my Forestry tree farm is making (Forestry's birch trees ; different from Vanilla trees) aren't compatible with the Fermenter. Oh well :p

caXm2xc.png

So... this is the legendary Creeper Jockey. To be honest, doesn't seem that intimidating in bat form! And highly protective armor, of course!

wyu04eQ.png

102 diamonds and 12k iron. All I can say is, for a work of five boring machines, I'm impressed!

JSIv5EN.png

Okay, don't panic! Please!

This is my "rail station" of some sorts for the oil I'll eventually start pumping. The tank carts will be coming from the hole in the very left of the picture (barely observable). There are three "input slots" for the three tank carts I'll have constantly fetching oil. When the carts come into the station, they'll hit a detector track which uses normal Minecraft logic (don't worry guys! Carts are coming in towards the west ;) ) to close the tracks when one has entered. I might have to put the detector rail back a bit, but I'll be plonking the carts down in a good 30-60 second interval in order to prevent two carts from entering an input slot. I created a memory cell in order to preserve the state of the track junctions. Then, once the carts have deposited all their oil, the Holding Track will send them on their way. The final detector track resets the memory gate to the "original" state, leaving the input cell ready to accept a tank cart again. This system can only handle three tank carts for now, however, but input slots can be daisy-chained, so it should be good. I'm currently calling this a day. Next time I'll see about getting the other station completed ;D.

EDIT : Oh, almost forgot. I am too lazy to mess with how the carts will enter back into the rail, so I simply made a mini-leap-of-faith (now that I think about it, it might not work...). The leap of faith ends in a line of boosters, so it should be good.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
That stations looks pretty good. The next time you build a station, I would recomend using routing tracks and locomotives. It is far more reliable and easier to change than using redstone. You can set names to locations where locomotives will be autorouted to. Makes it especially nice for server track systems and it's fun to set up.

Reactions: PhantomRage

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You can actually replace the leaps of faith with switch tracks and levers set to the turn. Any cart that comes from the return direction will remain going the same direction, but the incoming carts will turn the correct direction.

I'd be interested in seeing the routing logic you have.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
You can actually replace the leaps of faith with switch tracks and levers set to the turn. Any cart that comes from the return direction will remain going the same direction, but the incoming carts will turn the correct direction.

I'd be interested in seeing the routing logic you have.
I'll try to incorporate switch tracks somehow into my design.

On another note, I just realized that my monorail for oil carts and my own minecart may not work.

So, I heard y'all wanted nether. So you're going to get my best attempt at it!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Actually, the monorail would be fine if you were to incorporate some railcraft routing. What I did, when building a monorail without RC routing, was to set up a catch system. Just an unpowered boarding track, in the middle of the floor that was only powered if either end station contained an empty cart. That way, when I was enroute, the track would be unpowered, and the cart would wait on a siding until I was either end. I also installed lights that went from green to red depending on whether the cart was on it's way or not. So I could go at will on a green light, but had to wait if it was red.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Due to IRL time issues and constraints, the series is postponed indefinitely. This is not the end, I will come back. Might not though in a few days.

Reactions: Not_Steve

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
In due time :). I'm now suffering from Minecraft boredom, which is quite troublesome. I just have to say, thank you for people who have taken the time to see through this whole thread. I never thought random people on the internet would take the time to compliment my creations and give tips :). Thank you all again!

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
In due time :). I'm now suffering from Minecraft boredom, which is quite troublesome. I just have to say, thank you for people who have taken the time to see through this whole thread. I never thought random people on the internet would take the time to compliment my creations and give tips :). Thank you all again!
Yeah i know that feel . :l
561 ghast tears. .. what the crap!
Magical Crops >.>

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Minecraft Boredom is one reason I don't play just Minecraft. If I'm not interested in Minecraft, I just switch to something else until I'm interested.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

If you need a project to re-ignite your interest, I highly recommend making yourself a ReactorCraft fission reactor. I made one last week, and a single round of uranium (9 pellets) made me around 5500 GJ. Plus it was a lot of fun :) Plus it will give me someone to hash out Reactor design stuff with :p

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
If you need a project to re-ignite your interest, I highly recommend making yourself a ReactorCraft fission reactor. I made one last week, and a single round of uranium (9 pellets) made me around 5500 GJ. Plus it was a lot of fun :) Plus it will give me someone to hash out Reactor design stuff with :p
A youtuber made an IC2 reactor and he was proud. I didn't have the heart to tell him hat that's easy compared to a Reactorcraft reactor.