Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you are in Monster or in Horizons you can use Blood Magic/Witchery to transform biomes. Witchery way is easier IMO, since the Blood Magic way requires quite a bit of grinding and the ritual itself is not guaranteed. The chance goes up depending on the blocks you place near the ritual, but still not 100%.
As for what mod to use, I think there are options that would be in-theme. Witchery, maybe?
Hmm yeah I am using Monster which doesn't have Witchery but does have Blood magic(but disabled by default and I haven't enabled it yet). I am not really that interested in more magic mods atm I must say. Mostly just did Thaumcraft due to the tools, didn't really enjoy it all that much tbh(think I actually prefer the old TC3). But I guess I can also just work on removing the taint now and then see what I want to do with the biomes later.

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm yeah I am using Monster which doesn't have Witchery but does have Blood magic(but disabled by default and I haven't enabled it yet). I am not really that interested in more magic mods atm I must say. Mostly just did Thaumcraft due to the tools, didn't really enjoy it all that much tbh(think I actually prefer the old TC3). But I guess I can also just work on removing the taint now and then see what I want to do with the biomes later.

The ethereal blooms WILL convert the biome back to its original state - it's only the purenode silverwoods that convert it to magical forest.

Reactions: YX33A and rhn

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Id like to edit my NEIserver.cfg to hide the items from tinker's construct and microblocks because I am certain they are the main reasons my inventory lags so much. It keeps resetting my changes though. I know I had this working once not too long ago because I tested it with wood planks. Can still be crafted but they just dont show up in nei. Also if theres a way to define a range of ids to be blocked without having to type each and every one that would be great.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the easiest way to get rid of a bunch of water? Is there a 1.6.4 version of a mod that can fill an area with liquid the way Redpower pumps could?

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the easiest way to get rid of a bunch of water? Is there a 1.6.4 version of a mod that can fill an area with liquid the way Redpower pumps could?

Do you wanna get rid of liquid in an area or fill an area with liquid? If the latter, either BC or Railcraft has an item.... Floodgate, I think it's called.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Id like to do both actually. Sometimes water is just an annoying mess, there needs to be a magic wand to make it go away. And some of these new fluids would look cool underneath a glass floor, I did that with lava and a quarry-hole beneath my base in 1.4.7. This time its going to be something not lava.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a Horizons 2.1.0 server. Wool cannot be pulverized anymore. I want to allow that. I changed "B:pulverizer.Wool=true" on both client and server in "config/cofh/ThermalExpansion.cfg", but no dice. Wool pulverization doesn't show up in NEI and putting wool in the pulverizer does nothing. What am I doing wrong?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ehm is the tool tip on the RC boiler tanks messed up? I was under the impression that the LP was more fuel efficient but HP made more steam per block. But the tool tip says the LP produces 20steam/tick/blocks and HP only 10steam/tick/block.

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working on getting iridium from Sheldonite ore, which took me far away from the mainland where the dragon is. However, I saw that a obsidian tower, as well as the crystal itself, spawned alone on one of the end's many asteroids. I'm currently using the Mindcrack Pack, but is this normal? I was wondering if any would spawn if I went far enough away, but reminded myself it likely wouldn't happen until it did.
20zbplf.jpg

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I have a lot of questions about the multifarm arboreum:
Want to know how the hydratation requerid of multifarm works,
The water supply affect it? or maybe the sprinkles of openblocks?
what are the ways to hydrate the multifarm and how much more efficient they are when reach full hydration
and what other factors affect the multifram efficiency? fertilizer? engines? ..

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Sorry if I have a lot of questions about the multifarm arboreum:
Want to know how the hydratation requerid of multifarm works,
The water supply affect it? or maybe the sprinkles of openblocks?
what are the ways to hydrate the multifarm and how much more efficient they are when reach full hydration
and what other factors affect the multifram efficiency? fertilizer? engines? ..
Assuming we are talking about the Forestry Multifarms:
The hydration level is not that complex. The biome and moisture level(of the surroundings, not the farm itself) only really determines how much water the farm will consume when running. If it rains a lot and you are in a wet biome, the farm wont use a lot of water. But if it is in a desert it will consume a lot.

As to efficiency, there is really nothing within the farm itself that effects it. As long as it has enough power to harvest and replant stuff then it is at its full efficiency. You can add other stuff to make the crops grow quicker, but the farm itself has no effect on the speed of the growth.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a Horizons 2.1.0 server. Wool cannot be pulverized anymore. I want to allow that. I changed "B:pulverizer.Wool=true" on both client and server in "config/cofh/ThermalExpansion.cfg", but no dice. Wool pulverization doesn't show up in NEI and putting wool in the pulverizer does nothing. What am I doing wrong?
I'd check if there was a recipe block installed in MineTweaker. This seems like exactly that sort of situation.(also unless I'm horribly mistaken, TE3 is dead in the water currently, and I hope I'm wrong honestly)

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I'd check if there was a recipe block installed in MineTweaker. This seems like exactly that sort of situation.

I don't think so:

Code:
recipes.remove(<30886:10>);^M
recipes.addShapeless(<30886:10> * 8, [oreDict.ingotSteel, oreDict.ingotSteel]);^M
recipes.remove(<120>);^M
oreDict.projredPart.remove(<*>);

None of those seems to be wool in a pulverizer. The first two are about steel, right? And the last one is about something in projectred.

(also unless I'm horribly mistaken, TE3 is dead in the water currently, and I hope I'm wrong honestly)

That doesn't sound good....