Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to grab XP with a pipe or duct, from an auto-spawner using a melee turtle?
look up and build a vacuum hopper in NEI...it sucks up loose XP that is floating around...and items....and will be willing to pipe it out once set up right.

Tdubz

Jul 29, 2019
look up and build a vacuum hopper in NEI...it sucks up loose XP that is floating around...and items....and will be willing to pipe it out once set up right.
I will have to try that out :) I am trying to get something setup at spawn for my server using tanks via openblocks mod and you can get as many levels as you would like precisely.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the area of effect of the Tree of Transformation is?
Answering my own question after trying it in a creative world: seems to cap out at a 31 block diameter circle. So I can place one now and not worry about trashing my mana bean farm.

*Edit* Oh. Enchanted Forest works just as well as Magical Forest for mana bean growing. What a waste of effort testing that!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I can play other worlds that I create so I don't think I need to reinstall the modpack. Its just that the worlds that I crash on seem to become corrupt and I can't play them anymore.

Then you need to determine the differences between your worlds that crash and those that don't.

Are the using the same modpack?
Have you just not encountered that mob yet on the non-crashed worlds?

The suggested procedure is standard troubleshooting practice to quickly isolate the cause of the problem, in most cases.

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
Then you need to determine the differences between your worlds that crash and those that don't. Are the using the same modpack? Have you just not encountered that mob yet on the non-crashed worlds? The suggested procedure is standard troubleshooting practice to quickly isolate the cause of the problem, in most cases.
The only modpack I have used is the Direwolf20 pack.
What happens is I play a world for a while and then when I encountered a snake is crashed and I could not get onto it again.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
The only modpack I have used is the Direwolf20 pack.
What happens is I play a world for a while and then when I encountered a snake is crashed and I could not get onto it again.
does that modpack have any mods added to it?....like mo' creatures.......

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
does that modpack have any mods added to it?....like mo' creatures.......
It did, that's where the snakes were coming from. However I uninstalled it. I just want to know is there any way I can get back into this seemingly corrupted world.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I will have to try that out :) I am trying to get something setup at spawn for my server using tanks via openblocks mod and you can get as many levels as you would like precisely.

Check out Direwolf20's YouTube videos... He's got an XP system set up with huge storage tanks, a "drain" you stand on to remove XP from the character and store it, mob farms that store the XP, a visible tank that gives 1 level of XP every time you click on it and even an enchantment table & anvil that automatically draw the needed XP from storage instead of the player.

This episode is the start of the project, and it continues to the next episode:

[Edit] This is obviously the "Server" series... He does the same thing in his single player "Let's Play" series with more detailed explanation and the added benefit of a world download every 10 episodes (I would've linked the LP series but couldn't pinpoint what episode detailed the system). Episode 50 should be available in he next couple of days, if you want to play with all the cool toys.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
It did, that's where the snakes were coming from. However I uninstalled it. I just want to know is there any way I can get back into this seemingly corrupted world.
have you tried loading the world in mcedit then saving it , without making any changes.....or even just deleting yourplayer.dat.....backup the save file before trying either.

the player dat i am thinking of is in the players sub folder off the main folder for that save....

Fallen Angel

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quarry set up to an enderchest (with a storage bus pulling items out) But it only works when I'm there, even with a chunkloader placed right beneath it.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Why is a mod in a modpack if it is disabled? like Xeno's reliquary in the Unleashed Pack. Also, why is xeno disabled?

Usually it's to give the player the choice of using the mod. For example all the minimap mods are disabled by default to let the player choose which one they want to use.

Edit to avoid double posting. I have a couple cross-mod questions

Does Logistics Pipes work without buildcraft?

Is there any reason to have Big Reactors and Reactorcraft in the same pack?

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Usually it's to give the player the choice of using the mod. For example all the minimap mods are disabled by default to let the player choose which one they want to use.

Big Reactors is a mod that produces RF only.
Reactor Craft is an addon for Rotary Craft.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019

Well, disabling a minimap or enabling it is only client side, but anyone who wants to play multiplayer will have a problem when a mod like xeno is disabled since it guarantees that no server will enable it but for the smallest private servers. Also, why would they disable xeno? you could also start disabling mods like dartcraft or thaumcraft for the similar reasons, but they didn't.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What's up with the worldgen in Monster?

I've stripmined a massive number of chunks now, found plenty of other resources but next to no iron. My guess is some other block from some other mod is overwriting it.

The only place I can find iron is in caverns atm.

Flyin_spaghetti

Jul 29, 2019
In my games I sometimes I experience permanent chunk losses. It happened in Unleashed and now I found one in Monster. When I load the world with MCEdit, these chunks are loaded normally and I can even edit and save, though this doesnt change anything in the game. Its just a chunk and this time it is quite far to my home but I know they can cause terrible mob replication bugs that makes it impossible to move until they are removed so it is not exactly ideal to have them around? Did anyone else experienced this sort of thing and know how to solve it?

WVNF8wS.png

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In my games I sometimes I experience permanent chunk losses. It happened in Unleashed and now I found one in Monster. When I load the world with MCEdit, these chunks are loaded normally and I can even edit and save, though this doesnt change anything in the game. Its just a chunk and this time it is quite far to my home but I know they can cause terrible mob replication bugs that makes it impossible to move until they are removed so it is not exactly ideal to have them around? Did anyone else experienced this sort of thing and know how to solve it?
I've seen that sort of thing a lot, especially when travelling long distances quite quickly, but a re-log always fixed it for me.