What's the best way to produce mass amounts of Redstone Flux?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
So what's the best method to mass produce RF in Monster? I'm not quite familiar with all the methods of RF production, but I do know the few basic ones such as Dynamos, Extra Utilities' Generators, and some others from MFR. I'm talking mid to end game, where you can never have enough power. I'm can also add additional mods if needed.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors is pretty serious power gen, albiet a bit expensive, and then there's Railcraft Boilers paired with a treefarm. Obviously you can pump the Nether/Mystcraft too.

And then there's Reika's Kamehameha Tokomak Reactor, which produces basically as much power as you can pull from it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors is pretty serious power gen, albiet a bit expensive, and then there's Railcraft Boilers paired with a treefarm. Obviously you can pump the Nether/Mystcraft too.

And then there's Reika's Kamehameha Tokomak Reactor, which produces basically as much power as you can pull from it.
Correction; the Tokamak Fusion Reactor generates thirty-two metric fuckloads of shaft power, which can be turned into several million RF/t.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If you watch Direwolf's server play, you'll note that Extra Utiliies' Nether Star generator produces nearly 10 mil RF in approx 2 min. Requires a Nether skeleton spawner and a method to kill the Wither routinely, but a serious source of power. The Tokamak is...quite a project, it appears.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any guides for Rotarycraft? Looks like an interesting and complex mod, but I have no clue where to start :confused:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If resources are no option, make a netherstar generator from ExtraUtils. Gives stupid amounts of power +40kRF/t. And with MFFS and a turtle you can easily automate the whole process of creating and killing the wither for netherstars. Easily charges up multiple resonant energy cells with one star. Or more practical, process redstone through a magma crucible to a heated redstone generator for over a 1million RF at 320RF/t

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
If you watch Direwolf's server play, you'll note that Extra Utiliies' Nether Star generator produces nearly 10 mil RF in approx 2 min. Requires a Nether skeleton spawner and a method to kill the Wither routinely, but a serious source of power. The Tokamak is...quite a project, it appears.
To be exact: it does 10k/t = 24m in 120 secs

Sent via tapatalk

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Try out Big Reactors as suggested above, it does need a bit of setup, and requires you to get a semi steady supply of Yellorium, but especially with the new updates, it can generate a whole lot of power
Ako just did an updated spotlight on it, where he could generate 1600+ rf/t with a resonable small reactor

Reactions: RealSketch

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
To be exact: it does 10k/t = 24m in 120 secs

Sent via tapatalk

Actually its greater then that.

It Generates 40960 RF/tick
In 1 Second generates 819,200 RF/sec (20 ticks a sec)
In 1 Minute generates 49,152,000 RF/min (60 secs in a min)
So over 2 minutes that it works. 98,304,000 RF

It nearly filled up 2 Resonate Energy Cells (50m each cell).

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Actually its greater then that.

It Generates 40960 RF/tick
In 1 Second generates 819,200 RF/sec (20 ticks a sec)
In 1 Minute generates 49,152,000 RF/min (60 secs in a min)
So over 2 minutes that it works. 98,304,000 RF

It nearly filled up 2 Resonate Energy Cells (50m each cell).
Wait - it does more then 10k/t?
Hmm so I guess the XU machines actually waste energy if you don't give them enough output space

Sent via tapatalk

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm missing something...but why would needing to apply a redstone signal to get the power output cut it in half?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
They produce power. Then you need to apply a redstone signal to get the power out. When it has a redstone signal it does not produce any power. Once redstone is off, it produces power again. So the 40 it does get cut to half by that.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
They produce power. Then you need to apply a redstone signal to get the power out. When it has a redstone signal it does not produce any power. Once redstone is off, it produces power again. So the 40 it does get cut to half by that.

Ah, I was not aware that the power production shuts off when you're draining the power. That makes sense now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.