What's the best way to produce mass amounts of Redstone Flux?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has new steam generators that only require water to create power. Im not sure how much off the top of my head though. Can you use buildcraft engines to generate RF?

Reactions: RealSketch

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has new steam generators that only require water to create power. Im not sure how much off the top of my head though. Can you use buildcraft engines to generate RF?
The steam turbines produce a maximum of 160 RF/t just off of water, which seems broken to me. It's just like the bioreactors all over again. Buildcraft engines can only generate MJ.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably going to end up going with the nether star generator, at least until I can get a grasp on Rotarycraft. It seems extremely complicated, even scary, but I'm sure that after enough reading and watching I'll understand it. Then I'm going to try to tackle the almighty Tokamak Reactor! :)

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
The steam turbines produce a maximum of 160 RF/t just off of water, which seems broken to me.
I must have missed these turbines. Do they generate 160 RF/t when provided with water? What do you mean with "maximum" in that case, what is the variable?

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I must have missed these turbines. Do they generate 160 RF/t when provided with water? What do you mean with "maximum" in that case, what is the variable?
Yes, all you need is water for it to produce power. The variable is the amount of water, and if the steam turbine receives an adequate supply of water, it will generate a steady flow of 160 RF/t. For example, if you attach a single aqueous accumulator (AA), the steam turbine will constantly consume the water and produce power. However, it will not run to it's maximum capability due to the fact that 1 AA will not provide enough water for it so you will only get a fraction of the power.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
However, MFR generators accepting any liquid is a bug, and if you want to cheat, BioFuel generators will do more with the same amount of water.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors 0.30 looks also great for RF production. The reactors don't only produce RF anymore, you can also configure them to generate steam. And then build Big Reactor steam turbines to generate the power.

From the first looks it's more expensive to create the reactor and steam turbine, but the output is also higher than with Railcraft Boilers and steam engines.

KollinsK

Jul 29, 2019
MFR's machines producing energy from water was a bug that's been fixed in newer versions, but the MFR Steam Turbine is still a decent machine. I think the solars that make RF are meant to be wired to a vanilla daylight sensor to fill up during the day and send power to storage during the night?

-Get a tree farm. Use the tree farm to fuel a Railcraft 36HP boiler. Take 18 MFR Steam turbines and stick them directly to the sides of your boiler blocks. Wire it up to some crazy storage bank, like a few Resonants or a big EnderIO Cap bank.

-Build lots of IC2 Solars and run them through an energy bridge. Build the highest consumer you can because they all accept any voltage, but the higher end ones convert faster.

-Pump lava from the nether. The Ender-Thermic pump is supposed to self chunkload and replaces lava taken with stone, so no laggy lava flows. Lava can fuel almost anything; TE has a dynamo that takes lava, other mods have lava engines too and you could always pump lava buckets around since most solid fueled machines accept lava buckets.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
theres a thread in community builds with pics of a big reactor and 16 turbines (youll see it at end of thread) putting out a total of 430k rf per tick. all fed fuel generated by magic crops.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I just use treefarms and steam dynamos.
How many redstone furnaces are you using per steam dynamos. I'm at 4 furnaces now and (with plenty of wood from an MFR 3x3 fertilized tree farm have plenty of wood) can barely keep up with 10 steam dynamos.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
How many redstone furnaces are you using per steam dynamos. I'm at 4 furnaces now and (with plenty of wood from an MFR 3x3 fertilized tree farm have plenty of wood) can barely keep up with 10 steam dynamos.
1 furnace is good for at least (may be more) 3 dyanmos, and filling a golden JABBA barrel. It is also providing charcoal to 6 IC2 generators

Reactions: loboca

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Gaming on caffeine did a setup using project red daylight sensers to make the XU generators output during the night
Yeah I'm using a similar setup to keep my treefarm independant of my main power, so whatever happens my boiler never runs out of wood.

Daylight sensor -> NOT gate -> XU Solar Generator -> Energy Cell.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
1 furnace is good for at least (may be more) 3 dyanmos, and filling a golden JABBA barrel. It is also providing charcoal to 6 IC2 generators
Ya, two MFR DSUs, one on top for 50k of wood, and one below that is slowly increasing in charcoal. 3:1, got it. I'm in MagicFarm2 and I'm really missing railcraft for boilers and steam furnace. Thanks.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
i just do blocks of 125 dynamos, because 125*80 RF/t (dynamo output) = 10,000 RF/t which is the carrying capacity of redstone energy conduit and also the input/output capacity of the resonant energy cells.

I can build a 125 compression dynamo block in an 11x5x6 space (five columns of 25 dynamos, which is four dynamos per elevation level surrounding a redstone conduit, six high, plus one more dynamo atop each stack). Plus one or two blocks more at top and bottom to tie fuel lines and water lines all together. I use covers made with the diamond saw in a few key locations to keep the fuel and water fluiducts from inadvertantly connecting and messing it all up.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
i just do blocks of 125 dynamos, because 125*80 RF/t (dynamo output) = 10,000 RF/t which is the carrying capacity of redstone energy conduit and also the input/output capacity of the resonant energy cells.

I can build a 125 compression dynamo block in an 11x5x6 space (five columns of 25 dynamos, which is four dynamos per elevation level surrounding a redstone conduit, six high, plus one more dynamo atop each stack). Plus one or two blocks more at top and bottom to tie fuel lines and water lines all together. I use covers made with the diamond saw in a few key locations to keep the fuel and water fluiducts from inadvertantly connecting and messing it all up.
So you like to fill RECs in one tick?

Status
Not open for further replies.