What's the best way to produce mass amounts of Redstone Flux?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Well what is the total capacity? 50 million RF? 50 million RF divided by 10,000 RF/tick = 5000 ticks divided by 20 = 250 seconds to fill from zero, a little over four minutes.

And yes... I do it because I can. Plain and simple. :)
What do you use it for?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What do you use it for?

Nothing special. It's way more power than I need because while I always start my ore processing with TE3, I eventually move over to IC2exp ore processing because their machines are lightning fast compared to TE3 (with the exception of those awful Ore Washing Station and Thermal Centrifuge machines - ugh). Probably my biggest usage of RF is the basic buildcraft quarry which I still use even tho we have a lot more quarry options. I just like those big holes in the ground I guess! I can pick the walls, I can discover new openings into caves and abandoned mineshafts (still looking for a Division Sigil so I can set up a Cursed Earth mob spawner to generate Mob Essence). Most importantly (for me), I can stay at the bottom of the quarry from elevation 11 to bedrock and silky touch all the diamond blocks as they appear, and TE3 pulverize for double diamonds (glass fibre cable is expensive!)

I do the same thing with my IC2exp power, I have 64 semifluid generators (32 EU/t with fuel) in 4 blocks of 16, each block gets an MFE and the four MFE's go into one MFSU for 2048 EU/t.

Last edited:

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
I just use a Big Reactors setup whenever I play on my kinda private server. One wall has 5,000 energy outputs leading to my million Resonant Energy Cells. One wall has 50 reprocessors, several Yellorium inputs, several Cyanite outputs, three Blutonium inputs, my redstone control and my manual control. The other two are simpler, one is reactor glass, the other my 'credits wall' with the names of the hundred players that helped me construct my 1,202 by 1,202 by 252 reactor. Took us months, but we made a reactor that can support ninety quarries at max speed, 340 MFR laser miner things and plenty of TE3-addicted players with power to spare.

Last edited:

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Try out Big Reactors as suggested above, it does need a bit of setup, and requires you to get a semi steady supply of Yellorium, but especially with the new updates, it can generate a whole lot of power
Ako just did an updated spotlight on it, where he could generate 1600+ rf/t with a resonable small reactor

IC2 Uranium appears to work as well in there, which is good because I get far more of that, than the Yellorium stuff. But not sure if that is because I have Gregtech installed or not.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 Uranium appears to work as well in there, which is good because I get far more of that, than the Yellorium stuff. But not sure if that is because I have Gregtech installed or not.
If you are playing any 1.6 FTB pack and you did not add GT than you do not have GT. X

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors has a config that allows the use of uranium instead of yellorium, which is true by default, so you can eliminate one of the world gen ores. It has nothing to do with GT.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
If you are playing any 1.6 FTB pack and you did not add GT than you do not have GT. X
Big Reactors has a config that allows the use of uranium instead of yellorium, which is true by default, so you can eliminate one of the world gen ores. It has nothing to do with GT.

Didn't know if it was GT doing it or not. I was just assuming it was. But it's good to know. I get both of them, but seems like the Yellorium isn't as common so it would be hard running a reactor solely off of that. Good call it let it take both types of uranium imo. Your thoughts?

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't know if it was GT doing it or not. I was just assuming it was. But it's good to know. I get both of them, but seems like the Yellorium isn't as common so it would be hard running a reactor solely off of that. Good call it let it take both types of uranium imo. Your thoughts?

In Monster there is another uranium ingot - Pitchblende from ReactorCraft that is common in End or Twilight Forest. You can use MFR unifier to transfer all 3 types of ingots to one you prefer, for instance Yellorium.

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Depends. If you're not interested in fiddling with power, then essentially unlimited fuel makes it easy to set up a reactor, automate fueling and go about doing other things. Limited fuel forces you to consider reactor efficiency, cooling and up-time, as well as impacting design choices for builds. I consider the latter more interesting, and what I'll be doing in my next 'normal' world. Currently, however, I'm playing Agrarian Skies, and I just built a 'MOAR POWER' reactor, because I have other priorities, lol.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Depends. If you're not interested in fiddling with power, then essentially unlimited fuel makes it easy to set up a reactor, automate fueling and go about doing other things. Limited fuel forces you to consider reactor efficiency, cooling and up-time, as well as impacting design choices for builds. I consider the latter more interesting, and what I'll be doing in my next 'normal' world. Currently, however, I'm playing Agrarian Skies, and I just built a 'MOAR POWER' reactor, because I have other priorities, lol.

I wasn't implying that I have an endless supply, only that the IC2 stuff is a bit more common. Besides, anyone who spends enough time quarrying the deep dark is gonna have enough of any resource, heh.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Locked, start a new post if you want to discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.