Would you build this?

Would you build this?

• Total voters

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I understand they explode, dramatically, if they have too much power. One could charge one up close to that and a second one with the remaining amount and connect the second one to a hidden pressure plate or player detector. It's a bit convoluted but why not. :D
rofl

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I understand they explode, dramatically, if they have too much power. One could charge one up close to that and a second one with the remaining amount and connect the second one to a hidden pressure plate or player detector. It's a bit convoluted but why not. :D
OK, you could do that, but why not just use a land mine?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
OK, you could do that, but why not just use a land mine?
Because landmines don't require that kind of power :D

Although I suppose one could use it for something like light bridges everywhere instead...

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
How do you plan to do that?
Update to the new version without a changelog saying that they were changed. I had a few cheated in for testing purposes. Seems they don't hold as much in the new version so any existing ones in the world blew up violently. Guess I should wait for changelogs BEFORE I update.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Update to the new version without a changelog saying that they were changed. I had a few cheated in for testing purposes. Seems they don't hold as much in the new version so any existing ones in the world blew up violently. Guess I should wait for changelogs BEFORE I update.
The changelog logged the change.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
What's this "life" thing you speak of?
I mean that Reika continuosly makes amazing things, like the Void monster and stuff like that, so I thought I might aswell insert a joke about her not doing anything else than mods and stuff.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
The changelog logged the change.
I was referring to the Monster changelog. Usually a little behind the updates. I know it's my own fault. Was just a little shocked to have a hole through 3 floors of my base when I logged in.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
By the way, here is the new way to transport this much power interdimensionally:
I don't think I've seen anyone try to portray running physical lines (pipes, wires, whatever) "through" a portal. About time.

@Reika, does a specific output block on the "screen" of the portal line up nicely with the input on the other side, or does the whole screen become part of the single conduit?

I guess another way of asking: Could I theoretically run 4 distinct shafts through the Twilight Forest or just 1?

No reason for asking except curiousity on how you implemented this.

Edited: I should also mention I only have video atm, not audio (at work), so if you explained this already...sorry :)

Reactions: Tornado3019

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't think I've seen anyone try to portray running physical lines (pipes, wires, whatever) "through" a portal. About time.

@Reika, does a specific output block on the "screen" of the portal line up nicely with the input on the other side, or does the whole screen become part of the single conduit?

I guess another way of asking: Could I theoretically run 4 distinct shafts through the Twilight Forest or just 1?

No reason for asking except curiousity on how you implemented this.

Edited: I should also mention I only have video atm, not audio (at work), so if you explained this already...sorry :)
Exact location matters. So if you are entering the west side of a portal block at 37, 64, 96 (receiving from a shaft at 36, 64, 96), you would exit from the east side of a portal block at 37, 64, 96 (delivering to a shaft at 38, 64, 96).

Reactions: Pyure