My Little "Picture-Through"

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Anotha update!

ctSOoD0.png

So, I was traveling on one of my borer's tunnels for extra diamonds (yes, I'm cheap), and I found this...
Spring water.
So delicious.
REJUVINATED!

The creeper is chillaxin' too! Cool creeper. All he needs are the Sunglasses hat.
And then we're set for the Hugging party!

1h2fMKt.png

It's time for me to reassemble my wheat farm. And make it much better!

km8JJW6.png

I decided to make a tank full of lava, since I always need lava for something sooner or later, and I cannot bring myself to travel to the Nether or a lava pool
#lazy

Y28os2R.png

The inner "gut" of my wheat farm. Kind of hard to see, but I have a harvester that is harvesting the ground above, and it is ejecting the seeds and wheat to the planter/extra seeds chest, and my AE system, respectively. The seeds then go to the "priority" planter. Once that gets filled up, the seeds (should) reroute to the overflow chest, where they then head back to the AE system. I also have a composter which is hooked to my former reactant dynamo sewage production center, and it is feeding a Fertilizer to accelerate wheat production. Hopefully HUNDREDFOLD!

HcGGQgh.png

My Fertilizer. I had everything range upgraded, as I am a newb and forgot to range-upgrade the Fertilizer :)

3wXsBXL.png

It's... it's... it's... beautiful!
*sheds tear of happiness*

dT0T3kf.png

The feeling and smell...
of success.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
It's time to establish...

The Phantom Federation.

Section I of the Villager Protection Act has been passed by Phantom Legislation, and is being put into place by the Spectral Association of Task Carrying-Out (I don't know anything about government-speak. Please forgive me :( ) crew (me). It lists for the following criteria to be met. Section II of the Villager Protection Act is currently being contemplated, and is not disclosed at this time. Section I includes :

• Protection of Villagers.
  • Construction of defensive wall around village.
  • Mobility of all villagers to talk with each other.
  • Recruitment of defensive Iron Golems and Sentry Turrets.
  • Modernization of Village.
But before we get to that...

I decided to make a Forestry tree farm! :D It will be a 4x4x4 "Medium-Large" type, as I really don't have an automated use for logs.

3zUhE1a.png

The planned location for my tree-farm. The reason why I'm going Forestry is due to the fact that MFR harvesters lag me out a lot. I do love MFR treefarms, but they just aren't the best option for me currently.

9YuhzJn.png

A bit of the necessary framework.

14mTPFa.png

Alright, let's see if I can explain this in words. Basically, the Forestry farm is receiving water through an Aqueous Accumulator, power from the nearby Wheat Farm (the great thing about my power is, I can go absolutely anywhere there's a conduit, and bam! Power!), and I decided to go with logistics pipes for supplying fertilizer, saplings, and dirt, as I don't nearly have the certus quartz to hook any cables to the farm, and I think Logistics Pipes are better in this circumstance for automation. The Chassis Mk. II has a tier two extractor module for extracting extra saplings and wood produced (hopefully) by the Multi-Farm. The Supplier pipe is providing saplings, dirt, and fertilizer (auto-crafting). In theory, this should work!

EIr67EF.png

Success.
Well, I guess it has the cutting power comparable to a MFR farm. Not bad! I thought the trees grew naturally, but I guess the Multi-Farm fertilizer amplifies it a bit!

cbIVdOv.png

Alright. Well, I've had my small array of logistics storage being filled up by farm products, and I did not want them to, so I went with the simplest solution. Set my AE system as the default route for any leftover items made by my logistics system (I should have done this a long time ago).

mEg4HMg.png

Hmm. So I'm starting production of ethanol crystals, due to the fact I want to make pure RotaryCraft power (and probably try to update to V14 ; holding back, since of Magnetostatic Engine being capped at 4MW of power output, yes, I am lazy and newbish :p). I actually have disabled Mystcraft instability (yes, call me lazy and newb again, but then again, it is my world :) ), and I am going to try for an oil age if I can, and see about getting a Microturbine, Jet Turbine or some of that jazz. I'm using saplings currently (too lazy to make leaves, but I don't mind. Everything I'm producing in this setup is infinite, so no matter in the long run). DC Engines are really really really loud, so I decided to stick a Noise Muffler near them. My ears love me.

I7cAeQu.png

This spider is observing my awesomeness.

A1V3Xbk.png

Hmm, I'm going to pocket this Full Guard pattern. Thank you for your charitable donation, Tinkers' Construct villager, good lad :)

b4ah5TS.png

Alright, here we have this village. As according to Section I of the Villager Protection Act, we need to erect some walls around this place, and add defenses to prevent the villagers accidentally enteringexiting (hehe) the safe-zone, and entering hostile territory. I plan on incorporating some TiC Drawbridges somewhere into the mix (I hear they're cool!), and some sentry turrets to keep baddies out.

XKswptb.png

I daresay I'm doing good progress. Please ignore the Tiny distance rendering, I was having a particularly bad bout of lag.

4Xl01un.png

Section I of the V.P.A. also included to make all villagers accessible to each other. So, basically, I'll do just that!

pxlOgP1.png

The defensive wall is growing, after a good 15-25 minutes of hard work! I finally have a use for all that cobblestone and the wood I'm generating. The villagers will be sooooo happy once I'm finished with my project!

5b1Me5P.png

For an hour's worth of work, this isn't that bad, to be particularly honest! I also made sure villagers could not escape into the ocean, by adding extra fences to any gap where villagers might wander. Seems good for a days' worth of work!

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I believe you can also extract the rubber out of MFR rubber wood in an extractor. And if that's still not enough, MFR rubber wood through a Sawmill produces a Glueball, and that can be smelted into IC2 rubber. Plus you get planks from that.

Reactions: PhantomRage

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Okie lets take a slight break from this hard village work.

zD7jTrS.png

So much iron! I'm drowning in it!

WflzKe3.png

So I decided to make an industrial coil, and guess what. I have no way to power it! We can only come to a logical conclusion that I should use some gasoline engines! :D

Mi82C4E.png

Tada! Orientation had to be a bit weird since the shaft junctions wouldn't cooperate with me. At least it works, that's all that matters! I'm currently turning the sludge into ethanol crystals, and then constantly piping them into the gasoline engines. I might even have to add a few more, but they are pretty long to make. But who cares, Minecraft is Minecraft, can't stop havin' fun!

0b1lx31.png

Do you guys think I can make a railroad from my house (near the Boring machine waypoint, ignore the Home waypoint, that's old!) to my village? It's probably 2-4+km away, but I'm always up for a challenge!

Section II of Villager Protection Act
  • Construct a railroad from capital city to house.
  • Add three "guard" towers along railroad to prevent bad monsters from hijacking rails.
  • Add sub-oceanic tunnel from capital village to other village.
  • Make sure railroad can be traveled both ways.
  • Make sure railroad is expandable if oil is required to be sent through the railroad.
mlsYJEl.png

I am so proud with myself. :)

ePJumAz.png

So, I decided to make a flag. The one on the right is the village's and the one on the left is of mine.

Dammit. My world decided to corrupt itself. Never stick a logistics pipe next to a Thermal Expansion machine. I'll see if MCEdit works or not.
If it doesn't, well...

EDIT : Thank the lord i was able to recover it.

Last edited:

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I decided to stick a basic logistics pipe on the output face of an Induction Smelter, and the world proceeded to close on me. So I wouldn't recommend doing that; hopefully my mistake helps other peeps out. I now have all outputs going to a chest, and then into a logistics pipe.

Reactions: acker

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
my suggestion to anyone playing a SSP Let's Play... install http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1548243-172-worldstatecheckpoints-ssp-world-save-points/
it'll be a lifesaver when your world gets corrupted
Thank you, added :)

Sorry for the lack of updates. Kind of busy IRL and in the world :D. So... time for that rail, eh?

For reference, 1 meter = 1 Minecraft block.

7dAVvH3.png

Starting the entryway for the railway to the village. I probably should've used Reinforced Tracks (I can make practically infinite of those), but meh. :p

ms5uQHP.png

Decided to add a Remote Orderer Logistics Pipe, since I will be out in the field for long times on end. It's not in the picture, but I also added a dump chest for unnecessary junk to be sent back to my ME system.

uQaiOYM.png

This is highly suspicious. A pig is riding on a zombie. Will dispatch for now. I have extended the rail for a long ways now. I am not currently taking very good pictures, so you can't quite see the full length of the track. I'd say at-least 200-350 meters long so far.

sbgHT0L.png

See, what did I tell ya guys? Told you we'd need to make the track oil compatible :)

xPMpjxN.png

Yeah! This is one of those deep deep ones with a buttload of oil in them! I'll be rich
once I construct a refinery and start to get fuel, or get the appropriate RotaryCraft items to start making Jet Fuel.

UYVglwf.png

Okay, I guess an unpowered High Speed Booster Track cannot stop minecarts at full High Speed after four transition rails... :p. I need to read up more :)

MTnGAUO.png

A wild horse has appeared!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You need a full stack worth of High-speed, four powered transition rails and a length of normal speed minecart track, all after the last booster, to ensure no explosions. I like to decelerate to Reinforced Rails, then to normal rails. Of course, over the distance you're going, I'd have just used normal rails and a locomotive.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Hell, you were probably better off making a nether/mystcraft rail system or at least a locomotive. High speed track is so expensive >.<

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the delay :)

You need a full stack worth of High-speed, four powered transition rails and a length of normal speed minecart track, all after the last booster, to ensure no explosions. I like to decelerate to Reinforced Rails, then to normal rails. Of course, over the distance you're going, I'd have just used normal rails and a locomotive.
Uh oh... totally forgot about locomotives...
Does there seem to be any advantage to using standard rails over reinforced? I always envision reinforced rails as a direct upgrade to standard rails, cost doesn't matter in my stage of development.
#typicalphantom

Hell, you were probably better off making a nether/mystcraft rail system or at least a locomotive. High speed track is so expensive >.<
Totally forgot about locomotives! :p. I just think a classical over-world rail would seem nice in my case. Wasn't thinking much at the time, but hey, you can only go forwards, right? :) Cost doesn't really matter to me much right now. Currently at 1k gold and two stacks of blaze rods. Hopefully enough :eek:

hey what configs do you change? and how much increased? just want to know
I'm new to this attachment thing, but I'm going to attach my configs. Hopefully it works. Sorry first time attaching stuff if it doesn't work :(
The most significant changes are disabling TE3 ores, and enabling IC2 ores, and setting IC2 generation factor at 2.3 (yes a very precise number... Don't ask why ;) ). I also disabled all sorts of Mystcraft instabilities, and enabled vanilla MPS recipies.

Attachments

• Phantom's Configs.zip
    362.2 KB · Views: 48

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
why did you set the generation factor at 2.3?
It increases the ore generation of all enabled IC2 ores by a whole lot. :D
And an answer to the 2.3 exact, I just randomly tried numbers in until I got to this "somewhat balanced" number.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Totally forgot about locomotives! :p. I just think a classical over-world rail would seem nice in my case. Wasn't thinking much at the time, but hey, you can only go forwards, right? :) Cost doesn't really matter to me much right now. Currently at 1k gold and two stacks of blaze rods. Hopefully enough :eek:
Actually, they can go in reverse too, much slower though. Locomotives are much easier to work with since you can use routing tracks and set them to route wherever you want to when they have a ticket in them. It can make everything so much easier to do.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There's no particular advantage to standard over reinforced, but reinforced over High-Speed is an advantage in that it won't blow up if you don't slow down with transition tracks, but still provides a 25% boost to speed.

The other upside to Locomotives, is that they'll plow through any mobs on the track. So you don't have to worry about getting blown up on the way.

Reactions: PhantomRage

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
It increases the ore generation of all enabled IC2 ores by a whole lot. :D
And an answer to the 2.3 exact, I just randomly tried numbers in until I got to this "somewhat balanced" number.

hey, if your so content with answering my question, why did you say "dont ask" on your original forum post?