[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I've been quite a bum for a while, not posting any updates, so it's about time I did. Still not ready for a release yet, but functionality is coming along. I'm getting used to some of this stuff, particularly models/textures, so hopeful more content will come out faster.

And now your feature presentation

2014-02-06_15.55.41.png

Here we have the Node Dynamo and Quantum Jar.

The Node Dynamo will drain vis from the node as energy is pulled out much like any other dynamo.

The Quantum Jar is able to store 640 essentia of any aspect. The only drawback is the inability to pick it up without losing the essentia. (Still working on the essentia renderer for the jar)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been quite a bum for a while, not posting any updates, so it's about time I did. Still not ready for a release yet, but functionality is coming along. I'm getting used to some of this stuff, particularly models/textures, so hopeful more content will come out faster.

And now your feature presentation

View attachment 9594

Here we have the Node Dynamo and Quantum Jar.

The Node Dynamo will drain vis from the node as energy is pulled out much like any other dynamo.

The Quantum Jar is able to store 640 essentia of any aspect. The only drawback is the inability to pick it up without losing the essentia. (Still working on the essentia renderer for the jar)

wIwc2O6.gif

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, do you think an ME-based crucible would be possible? Making it just create an item as efficiently as it can with the available items? I would really like to have one, mostly because I have almost EVERYTHING, my whole Thaumonomicon is completed, my AM2 level is 97, I have every. Single. KAMI item. MADE! I have a huge Essentia factory, a massive BC-energy and TE-energy generator powered by DartCraft, I have the largest ME-network of the server, with an autocrafter capable of several thousand operations per second. I can support thirty seperate quarries with full speed using only a quarter of my energy output, and yet I STILL need to walk to my crucible and manually make Alumentum every single time I want to blow something up. Highly annoying, and made even worse by my accident. Dropped my fully charged KAMI wand in the crucible by accident and spend a few days cleaning up afterwards.The worst part? Not making the wand again, but the fact that I ONCE AGAIN needed my crucible for Thaumium. So yeah, after getting almost everything, I think I would like a way of easily automating a crucible.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Nova Sol , Azanor currently has an automatic crucible in some dev versions. Dire recently showed it on his FC1 playlist. So it's coming in the future.

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
@Nova Sol , Azanor currently has an automatic crucible in some dev versions. Dire recently showed it on his FC1 playlist. So it's coming in the future.

There are also some exploits it has haha, as shown with the heinous amount of Alumentum Soaryn has going in the previous episode to today's hahaha.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
There are also some exploits it has haha, as shown with the heinous amount of Alumentum Soaryn has going in the previous episode to today's hahaha.

It's possible, but you have to remember that we don't know how long it has been running, or what was required to create the amount they have. Plus, it's a dev version, so there will probably be things that change.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible, but you have to remember that we don't know how long it has been running, or what was required to create the amount they have. Plus, it's a dev version, so there will probably be things that change.

Soaryn actually explained the exploit, he is just doubling up by running the alumentum back through the alembics, some how coming out with more Esssentia, than what is put in, give a surplus. I imagine once you have a set amount obtained it starts to double the output. However you are correct it is a Dev version and I would have no doubt that Azanor will balance it and correct it, unless it was there on purpose :p

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Soaryn actually explained the exploit, he is just doubling up by running the alumentum back through the alembics, some how coming out with more Esssentia, than what is put in, give a surplus. I imagine once you have a set amount obtained it starts to double the output. However you are correct it is a Dev version and I would have no doubt that Azanor will balance it and correct it, unless it was there on purpose :p

Ah, I wasn't aware that was what he was doing. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I wasn't aware that was what he was doing. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Anytime :)

now back to the topic of this mod... I really have nothing in my belt that I can come up with to add. I am really excited to see what he does come up with himself first. Yes I know that there is a whole list of shenanigans on the OP but... I am futilely lazy when it comes to stuffs like that so I will just calmly wait for some posts and some more image updates ;3

<_< for being a Master Necrologist I am a very happy person

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, do you think an ME-based crucible would be possible? Making it just create an item as efficiently as it can with the available items? I would really like to have one, mostly because I have almost EVERYTHING, my whole Thaumonomicon is completed, my AM2 level is 97, I have every. Single. KAMI item. MADE! I have a huge Essentia factory, a massive BC-energy and TE-energy generator powered by DartCraft, I have the largest ME-network of the server, with an autocrafter capable of several thousand operations per second. I can support thirty seperate quarries with full speed using only a quarter of my energy output, and yet I STILL need to walk to my crucible and manually make Alumentum every single time I want to blow something up. Highly annoying, and made even worse by my accident. Dropped my fully charged KAMI wand in the crucible by accident and spend a few days cleaning up afterwards.The worst part? Not making the wand again, but the fact that I ONCE AGAIN needed my crucible for Thaumium. So yeah, after getting almost everything, I think I would like a way of easily automating a crucible.
Azanor is making an auto-crucible device (as others have said) so I won't be adding my own.

However, the Essentia Reconstructor will be able to recreate most of the things made in the crucible using only essentia (with a few other recipes included) so I won't be adding a auto-crucible way of doing it. You'll have to get your automation fix through the reconstructor.
now back to the topic of this mod... I really have nothing in my belt that I can come up with to add. I am really excited to see what he does come up with himself first. Yes I know that there is a whole list of shenanigans on the OP but... I am futilely lazy when it comes to stuffs like that so I will just calmly wait for some posts and some more image updates ;3
Don't you worry, every day I keep coming up with new ideas. Hell, just for the quantum jar I figured I'd make a glass that has connected textures (seeing as nobody does that right now :p) so I can use it in the recipe.

And just an FYI for the general public, you might want to check the OP every once in a while. I do update it with occasional ideas every couple days.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
@Democretes that sounds nice, and yea the only glass connected texture I know of is from Tinker's shits haha. That and XY craft but that is more blocks than glass.

I also know what you mean by coming up with new ideas every day... I do the same thing with Zein's Necrology o__o I feel like I think of tooooo many things... all the things... then I want to hide in a corner and ask why I even decided the do it haha. XD

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
@Democretes that sounds nice, and yea the only glass connected texture I know of is from Tinker's shits haha. That and XY craft but that is more blocks than glass.

I also know what you mean by coming up with new ideas every day... I do the same thing with Zein's Necrology o__o I feel like I think of tooooo many things... all the things... then I want to hide in a corner and ask why I even decided the do it haha. XD
I always keep a notebook with me and I just fill the thing up with scribbles of any ideas I manage to think up. Helps me keep track of everything so I don't go to type it out and end up forgetting what it did.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

Extra utilities has about six connected texture glasses