Monster, Horizons, and Magic World 2 Updates (1/28/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Its about that time again, and this round includes a much over due update for Magic World 2.
I'll be giving a short overview. Change Logs will be a little behind again since I'm pushing these so late,
but will be available in the usual place in the next 24 hours or so.

Magic World 2 1.0.1

Yes. Its finally updated, and I did remember to add WAILA. :p

Horizons 1.0.12
(Horizons 1.0.10 will remain recommended atm)

I was going to be pushing Horizons to stable today, but then I added something.
Carpenter's Blocks has finally made it's appearance.
Though I haven't had any of the previous issues we had a months and a half ago,
I want a larger community testing before making the decision to add it to Monster.
Enjoy.

Monster 1.0.8
(Monster 1.0.5 will remain recommended atm)

This is a big push for Monster and a few new mods added.

Highlands makes its first official FTB pack appearance as a .disabled addition next to BoP.
Both are ATG compatible and are configured to work along side each other if both are enabled and ATG is selected.
This also brings Bibliowood - Highlands into the pack with it.

A new maintainer for MPSAddons has appeared and we have been ensured he is a quality programmer and welcome him to the community.
I am normally wary and wait awhile before picking up mods that switch hands if I don't know the new maintainer,
but I'm told MachineMuse herself vouched for them by a colleague.

Now the part you get to hate me for.

|
\|/

Impending World Reset!
Both Horizons 1.0.12 and Monster 1.0.8

WHY?
I changed some stuff in the ATG configs and enabled Dye Trees by default (Monster only.)
Give me input, I like it better.

WHY?
I'm getting this out of the way before declaring either pack stable.

WHY?
Because I'm a horrible horrible person.

SO...
While I highly recommend updating to the newest versions, it may mess with your worldgen.
Next week both of these versions will be moved to recommended on the launcher.

toodles

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you're a horrible person Eyamaz

oodsugi.gif

j/k

Reactions: Eyamaz

Big Head Zach

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive my stupid curiosity, but what tweaks did you make to the ATG settings and why?

Also, even if worldreset is recommended, would it break anything to leave our Horizons/Monster worlds as is and just have the abrupt terrain change for new chunks?

Carpenter's Blocks looks supercool (like microblocks cool), and anything which adds to biome diversity (and that ATG will latch onto) is also a pleasant addition.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive my stupid curiosity, but what tweaks did you make to the ATG settings and why?

Also, even if worldreset is recommended, would it break anything to leave our Horizons/Monster worlds as is and just have the abrupt terrain change for new chunks?

Carpenter's Blocks looks supercool (like microblocks cool), and anything which adds to biome diversity (and that ATG will latch onto) is also a pleasant addition.

No, it actually won't hurt anything to keep your world. Some strange people get angry if mess up their world gen.

Reactions: Giddimani

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019

Impending World Reset!

I+hate+you+op+_8131820541bd09a012dd7be73e51b610.gif

jk, the risk of a reset was mentioned from the beginning, so no problem ;)

edit:
No, it actually won't hurt anything to keep your world. Some strange people get angry if mess up their world gen.

So a reset is only to have a clean worldgen and it won't break anyting if you use your old world?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Very nice. Actually looking forward to see the ATG+Highlands world gen possibilities of Monster.

And the possibilities of getting Carpenter blocks in Monster!!!

If I didn't know it was January I would think it was Christmas soon!

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Would it be possible to tell me an approx timeframe when the new version of horizons will be pushed to recommended, as we planned to reset today, but if the update comes in the next few days. I not like to break the world that fast and wait for the update.[DOUBLEPOST=1390925473][/DOUBLEPOST]ps. as this is the third time we would have to reset the world because of worldgen would you please fullfill your threat :D
If there is, I will send jadedcat after adubbz :p so let's hope not.

Reactions: Decnav and Flipz

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
ps. as this is the third time we would have to reset the world because of worldgen would you please fullfill your threat :D
You're playing a beta mod pack.
When using beta:
Not everything will work as intended.
Resets will be required, and almost always have to happen between beta and release.

Reactions: _gjkf_

Rotarran

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise if this is posted in the wrong location, however I've noticed an issue with Monster 1.0.8: Biome generation with atg only creates the "Rocky Steppe", and "Snowy Beach" biomes.

Last edited:

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
You're playing a beta mod pack.
When using beta:
Not everything will work as intended.
Resets will be required, and almost always have to happen between beta and release.
wasn´t meant seriously but if you take it like this maybe eyamaz should watch what he says. ;)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to tell me an approx timeframe when the new version of horizons will be pushed to recommended, as we planned to reset today, but if the update comes in the next few days. I not like to break the world that fast and wait for the update.

Lykeuhfox

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, what were some of the issues with Carpenter's Blocks? I've had them on my monster pack for a while and haven't noticed issues. I mostly just want to know what I should avoid doing with Carpenter's Blocks for the time being.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Its about that time again, and this round includes a much over due update for Magic World 2.
I'll be giving a short overview. Change Logs will be a little behind again since I'm pushing these so late,
but will be available in the usual place in the next 24 hours or so.

Magic World 2 1.0.1

Yes. Its finally updated, and I did remember to add WAILA. :p

Horizons 1.0.12
(Horizons 1.0.10 will remain recommended atm)

I was going to be pushing Horizons to stable today, but then I added something.
Carpenter's Blocks has finally made it's appearance.
Though I haven't had any of the previous issues we had a months and a half ago,
I want a larger community testing before making the decision to add it to Monster.
Enjoy.

Monster 1.0.8
(Monster 1.0.5 will remain recommended atm)

This is a big push for Monster and a few new mods added.

Highlands makes its first official FTB pack appearance as a .disabled addition next to BoP.
Both are ATG compatible and are configured to work along side each other if both are enabled and ATG is selected.
This also brings Bibliowood - Highlands into the pack with it.

A new maintainer for MPSAddons has appeared and we have been ensured he is a quality programmer and welcome him to the community.
I am normally wary and wait awhile before picking up mods that switch hands if I don't know the new maintainer,
but I'm told MachineMuse herself vouched for them by a colleague.

|
\|/

Impending World Reset!

WHY?
I changed some stuff in the ATG configs and enabled Dye Trees by default (Monster only.)
Give me input, I like it better.

WHY?
I'm getting this out of the way before declaring either pack stable.

WHY?
Because I'm a horrible horrible person.

SO...
While I highly recommend updating to the newest versions, it may mess with your worldgen.

toodles

This is kind of OT, but your signature - for the links, including the JVM args for the launcher - won't show up to anyone not logged in or without an account on these forums. Just thought you should know that.

Also, I don't really much care about world resets, it gives me an opportunity to make a nice, fresh start! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Woohoo!

I'll be watching for the MW2 change logs, and I'm happy my computer-impaired players won't have to manually add Waila ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.