Thank you MeteorCraft for ...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Wasn't Iridium an ore that spawned stupidly rare, with the very low probability of having like 1 ore per chunk?

I'm sure it was around the times of FTB Ultimate as I did dig out a few. Dunno if it's still the case.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I was not even aware Iridium had a normal ore.
In the older IC2 versions, iridium ore was a very rare ore, but I just checked and in the current version it is gone, I didn't know which iridium he meant when he said he had iridium from the meteor shower

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't Iridium an ore that spawned stupidly rare, with the very low probability of having like 1 ore per chunk?

I'm sure it was around the times of FTB Ultimate as I did dig out a few. Dunno if it's still the case.

It was, but that is/was a feature of Gregtech. In current IC2 experimental, iridium can be found in dungeon chests. It can then be scanned and replicated with liquid UUM.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
It was, but that is/was a feature of Gregtech. In current IC2 experimental, iridium can be found in dungeon chests. It can then be scanned and replicated with liquid UUM.
Oh, I thought the ore was from vanilla IC2 thanks for clearing that up

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, the next person that accuses a mod author of something to start a rumor without exacting proof gets a perma ban from the forums. Fyi. I don't tolerate this.

Considering I got that info straight from an FTB person in the FTB IRC I guess I'll stop listening to them. If you log it you can find out who it was.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Considering I got that info straight from an FTB person in the FTB IRC I guess I'll stop listening to them. If you log it you can find out who it was.
I have pissed off some people in high places. Generally speaking, unless I say it directly - either here, TS, my forum, my site, or in a video - find firsthand confirmation, be that in code or from me. Too many lies and/or misunderstandings exist. Of particular importance is a rumor RC is adding IC2 EU support. This will never happen - ever - yet has concerned many people over balance issues.

Reactions: Padfoote

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It wasn't an "OMG he is breaking this on purpose." It was a "hey, that is an interesting approach."

At the end of the day it seems to me that if anything getting through MFFS is "breaking MFFS" then MFFS blocking anything another mod author intended to not be blocked is MFFS breaking those mods. I'm not saying that is the case here.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It wasn't an "OMG he is breaking this on purpose." It was a "hey, that is an interesting approach."

At the end of the day it seems to me that if anything getting through MFFS is "breaking MFFS" then MFFS blocking anything another mod author intended to not be blocked is MFFS breaking those mods. I'm not saying that is the case here.
That is often true. I have taken some heat for the RC borer not having special code to disallow it from breaking into things like Twilight Forest structures and overworld mod-generated dungeons, but could just as easily say "magically protecting them from a mining machine blocks the realism side of RC".

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
That is often true. I have taken some heat for the RC borer not having special code to disallow it from breaking into things like Twilight Forest structures and overworld mod-generated dungeons, but could just as easily say "magically protecting them from a mining machine blocks the realism side of RC".

Just my opinion, and keeping in mind that I haven't touched RC yet: Avoiding it breaking things like you mentioned sounds silly to me. It's a rotating shaft of doom with tonnes of torque and spinning metal! It should break everything indiscriminately, and ask questions to no one!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Hrm... I'll have to watch some things then. I don't ever go into any of the IRC channels. I don't find this acceptable practice and why I say very little unless I know something as absolute truth.

I have pissed off some people in high places. Generally speaking, unless I say it directly - either here, TS, my forum, my site, or in a video - find firsthand confirmation, be that in code or from me. Too many lies and/or misunderstandings exist. Of particular importance is a rumor RC is adding IC2 EU support. This will never happen - ever - yet has concerned many people over balance issues.

Not I sir. I generally enjoy our conversations when I actually have time to have them.

Varogh

Jul 29, 2019
What I really hate about meteorcraft is that I don't have its assets in my eclipse project, so if I'm testing code and a meteor comes in, the game crashes horribly because it can't find its sound files :p

Varogh

Jul 29, 2019
Only the sound engine should crash, which leaves the game still able to run.
Well, the game completely freezes when that happens. Maybe I just needed to wait, but I find easier to just stop the client and run it again :D

Slovic

Jul 29, 2019
Had it enabled for the first few hours of Monster. Then one hit my workshop... was not amused. Promptly disabled it. Once I get my massive MFFS system going i'll turn it back on :p

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Had it enabled for the first few hours of Monster. Then one hit my workshop... was not amused. Promptly disabled it. Once I get my massive MFFS system going i'll turn it back on :p

Yeah. I'll double the current frequency in 1.0.6 to 488000. That should make a drop once about 8 RL hours.

Btw @Reika are v14 up on your site? Want to get them when I get home from work tonight.