Thank you MeteorCraft for ...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
1) Giving me a mini heart attack every time a meteor falls in the middle of the night.

2) The meteor shower, which utterly ruined and destroyed a perfect stretch of land that I decided to call home. *sad panda*

(Screw you MeteorCraft. You're getting disabled)

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, I was laughing so hard during my first meteor shower... and then I realized I would have to clean it all up. Disabled as well.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I found a meteor that was about 50% endstone the first day of Monster. Just a matter of time until one slams into my workshop though, I reckon.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah once I start Monster(once its out of beta), this is one of the things that get disabled straight away.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, after the first one hit my base I instantly changed the config to only skyburst in the overworld. But lets be honest, free resources raining from the sky? Just a tad over the top.

Reactions: AndreMaartens

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I didn't laugh one single bit.

You know how it is .... you start with a hole in a wall, gather mats and all, then scout for a place to call home, build a proper base and move to it.

After days of scouting, I found the spot I had always dreamed of. Flat ground, plenty of trees, nice biomes all around. It was exactly what I was looking for. I start building my place, and like 10 blocks shy of declaring it complete I see "Meteor shower starting..."

2 minutes later this is what I see:

met_01_zpsf448b067.png

met_04_zps76d0f4ae.png

met_02_zpse8726ad3.png

met_03_zps956379b2.png

As you can see from the minimap, this crap stretches on for miles.

I wasn't happy. At all :(

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I was kinda lucky.. alot of my base is surrounded by water. Gives me an excuse to try out the gear from Mariculture!

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I tried cleaning up at first, but gave up after a while. There's way too much. It's in the ground, in the trees, in the lakes .. and half the trees got burned down anyways. I half expected to find random blocks under my pillow after I switched off the PC.

I just sulked (after a ragequit) and found a new place (which isn't as good).

Reactions: BreezyTaco

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Do they only fall at night like Ars Meteors? If so you could set up an MFFS forcefield linked to a day light sensor to shield the base at night.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Do they only fall at night like Ars Meteors? If so you could set up an MFFS forcefield linked to a day light sensor to shield the base at night.
My total technology amounted to a steam dynamo, a pulveriser and redstone furnace at that moment.

And no, they fall randomly around the clock. The shower was in broad daylight.

TheWarHound

Jul 29, 2019
I got hit with my first meteor shower last night . . . It damaged my little manual farms, and there were resources for days! Diamonds Iridium Emeralds End Stone for my Ender lilys. I love it! Just going to move most of my stuff underground, and weather the storms.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Rotary craft should absolutely include a Meteor killer defense. Or at least something to make it fall in a specific area. Maybe a meteor attractor. And I was talking to Twisto mostly.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with my girlfriend for a few days, and at first the meteors were neat - tons of free resources. Then after the 3rd one, they were messing with my OCD - I wanted to mow them down, but I didn't have chest space because they have 5 different kinds of Copper ore, etc.. So I expended the house to make space for chests, added the chests, and the very next meteor hit my beautiful cupula that I had just finished, and the fire burned down most of the rest of the house.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Patriot missles in Minecraft? I would subscribe to that newsletter.

Or maybe, we should just hire these guys;

Willis-and-men.jpg
Or make that a Galacticraft mission! Wouldn't that be awesome.

(pity the GC moongen crashes to hell in Monster)

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
I never gave it a chance. Made sure it was disabled (which it was by default) twice to make sure. Dying? Ha, tis lighter than a feather. Losing all my stuff I was carrying, annoying but this to shall pass. I can make new stuff. Destroying my base I worked on meticulously in every detail just so...Imma gonna cut a bitch.

Blowing up you starter dirt crybox, hilarious. Blowing up hours of detailed work on my super base, unacceptable.

Free materials lying about the smoking ruins is lame condolence. Diamonds from the sky is just not how I want to play anyway. Too easy, base crushing aside. Not that digging a hole is hard, but yanno, that's how it feels to me. Your mileage may vary, but I like Minecraft not Clean Up on Ailse Smoldering Dreams Craft.

MeteorCraft is not for me.