FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X_Mathias_X

Jul 29, 2019
I have been through this forum, and I can't find this anywhere, and I am surprised no one has asked. What version of minecraft is this playable on. Everyone keeps mentioning that some mods aren't on the current version, and I am cool with that, and please don't think I am asking for it to be updated to the latest version, because I understand why it isn't, I just want to know, what version of minecraft is this up too.

Flip

Jul 29, 2019
The main FTB pack (FTB BETA A) is for 1.4.2. The Magic World pack is 1.4.5. The MC requirement is listed in the description of each pack in the launcher.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I have been through this forum, and I can't find this anywhere, and I am surprised no one has asked. What version of minecraft is this playable on. Everyone keeps mentioning that some mods aren't on the current version, and I am cool with that, and please don't think I am asking for it to be updated to the latest version, because I understand why it isn't, I just want to know, what version of minecraft is this up too.
Versions 1.4.2 and 1.4.5
A copy of minecraft is downloaded with the pack :)

dronf

Jul 29, 2019
"don’t worry there will be frequent updates as they update to 1.4 and beyond!"

Is there any plan to update the 1.4.2 pack to 1.4.5 since all the mods are updated?

Or is the whole FTB project being held hostage by RP2 for an unknown amount of time?

MasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
probably thex wait for an ultimate pack too on 1.4.5 but that's sure they wait for ALL mods be ready to 1.4.5 before update (i'm impatiently now argggggggghh hahaha)

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
"
"

For those of you haven't seen the interview today between Slowpoke and docm77.

Some notes from the interview with Slowpoke today. It appears the interview was done today (12/19) since they discussed 1.4.6 coming out tomorrow (Thursday). Just some notes while I listen to this lengthy interview.

At 2:25 in the vid Slowpoke says "hopefully Saturday we may see some of the mod packs released. We don't know what mod packs are going to be released yet". He was unsure exactly what mods will be updated by then. He also said that it looks like it will be possible to update your world to 1.4.6 from 1.4.2 but I got the impression he felt that it was best to start a new world although that isn't an absolute requirement. Seems like some of it hinges on GregTech and the way some of the mods were configured under 1.4.2. He stated that in their tests existing worlds updated "90 to 95 percent okay". You might have to do some manual tweaks to your world in order to get them to work if you update from 1.4.2. He then says "so if you can, update and start your world fresh".

Slowpoke indicated some existing mods in the pack might be removed but didn't indicate which ones and it seems some new ones may be added which could provide new ores, etc.

He said "we will make the mindcrack server it's own pack" which will include a server and client version. This will allow users to play along with some of the vids being posted.

When asked about 1.5 Slowpoke indicated that it might not be as bad an update for the mods since it was mostly vanilla redstone changing and in general FTB doesn't use vanilla redstone. He was unsure exactly how this would play out but he seemed optimistic.

They are reworking the way ores work and will use one central mod to define and place ores, shutting off the individual mod ore generation to unify the process. This will give users a config file they can edit determining where ores are placed in the Y axis and amounts. Specifically tin was mentioned as a problem in the previous release. Apparently the author of Thermal Expansion is doing this work for FTB.
Some mention of XyCraft and EE3. No dates were given for releases on these.

At about 15:10 Slowpoke discusses RP and the reasons for the delays (all things we have all heard before on the reasons). He indicated most of the fixes are "mostly done if not all done and we are hopeful of seeing RP extremely soon". He did not promise at any point i heard that RP would be in the Saturday release but I my personal guess he is very hopeful. (That is just my guess, not what he said).

Slowpoke indicated there would be a mod pack for younger players with mods such as "Mine Little Pony".

They are going to add the ability to have your own tweaked server pack (private packs) that they will provide you a key that will allow users to download a client mod pack just for your server.

Lots of work being done on the wiki including lots of language work. (Apparently 10 people working on this on a volunteer basis) including language work on the launcher.

They have been working on load balancing in preparation for the FTB update to handle the additional traffic expected.

Server tools still not ready but they are doing some work on this. No specifics given.

All configs for the individual mods are done so building new packs is now a very easy process.

FTB maps... These are not forgotten and Slowpoke is very anxious to get back to building maps again.

I probably missed some things but hopefully this is the basis of the conversation. Thanks to Slowpoke and docm77 for providing us with some news on the future of Feed the Beast.

Saturday evening Slowpoke will do a livestream introducing all of the mod packs. (time and links to be provided later).

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So they are actually updating to 1.4.6. I'm going to go out a limb and say that means no RP2 Saturday since it takes 100x longer to update with each new release than other mods.

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
So they are actually updating to 1.4.6. I'm going to go out a limb and say that means no RP2 Saturday since it takes 100x longer to update with each new release than other mods.
Yeah, but did you notice that all 1.4.4 mods work for 1.4.5 without needing to be updated at all?
Different updates take different amounts of time. 1.3 was a killer. 1.4.6? Not so much. Fireworks and some bug fixes, mostly. It won't set back RP2 (or any other mods) very much at all. Whether or not Eloraam can get RP2 done by Saturday is an entirely different question, but any delay will not be due to 1.4.6.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
I have to agree with eisbaerBorealis.

When MC went 1.1 that devastated the functionality of ML that forced the devs to make a FML variant. Zombes mod got broken immensely. still is some what. The good thing is that nowadays most updates are not as devastating as they used to be. So its good hope to see this goes very smoothly.

orangetj

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but did you notice that all 1.4.4 mods work for 1.4.5 without needing to be updated at all?
Different updates take different amounts of time. 1.3 was a killer. 1.4.6? Not so much. Fireworks and some bug fixes, mostly. It won't set back RP2 (or any other mods) very much at all. Whether or not Eloraam can get RP2 done by Saturday is an entirely different question, but any delay will not be due to 1.4.6.
well not exactly with every update some of the codes change while for some mods the codes didnt relate to themso they work but 1.4.6 from my understanding changes the mod api that was built into minecraft if thats the case mods authors will have to wait on forge api to release before they can even touch their code because forge api would have a overhaul, and once thats done they will have to figure out what they have to change and when all thats said and done it could take anywhere from a week to a month depending on how much has changed

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
well not exactly with every update some of the codes change while for some mods the codes didnt relate to themso they work but 1.4.6 from my understanding changes the mod api that was built into minecraft if thats the case mods authors will have to wait on forge api to release before they can even touch their code because forge api would have a overhaul, and once thats done they will have to figure out what they have to change and when all thats said and done it could take anywhere from a week to a month depending on how much has changed

the modding API is not yet released, forge is already updated as are a few mods, this update shouldnt take long for mods.

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
Built in mod API? What mod API does Minecraft have? Did I miss an update? Where are you getting your information? I get mine from here. (and I need to keep reminding myself that that is not an official source)

I went here and did a Ctrl+F for "mod" and "api" individually. Nothing.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
This says a lot about this modpack. Its already got a very solid fanbase. The creators and the mod devs should all be proud of this fact.

Reactions: Lawbroken

Kruug

Jul 29, 2019
So, you're saying that Elo couldn't have been modding to the 1.4.6 previews? Couldn't that be a reason why we haven't gotten it yet?

iceDave

Jul 29, 2019
This says a lot about this modpack. Its already got a very solid fanbase. The creators and the mod devs should all be proud of this fact.

I played every time on a Bukkitserver on my own laptop because I like SMP more then SSP since I know FTB and all the nice mods, i didn't go back to my Bukkit server once.. yesterday i deleted all my Bukkitserver files and cleaned up my desktop of them. That should say something how I think about FTB. i f... love it. Great mods, great team, nice looking forum and webpage. FTB got my full support :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I played every time on a Bukkitserver on my own laptop because I like SMP more then SSP since I know FTB and all the nice mods, i didn't go back to my Bukkit server once.. yesterday i deleted all my Bukkitserver files and cleaned up my desktop of them. That should say something how I think about FTB. i f... love it. Great mods, great team, nice looking forum and webpage. FTB got my full support :)

You forgot the launcher! Seriously, the FTB launcher looks a lot more...well, professional than Technic's. All in all, I'm enjoying FTB a ton more than Technic, only the best mods, without the (IMO) superfluous mods like MAtmos. Runs better, behaves more, and the only thing I can honestly say that I'm missing with this pack is RedPower and EE. Never realized how much I'd come to rely on that wondrous red alloy wire til I had to go back to standard dust, repeaters, and torches, lol.

(Also, Ender Chests are the handiest things I've ever used in the history of ever.)

Status
Not open for further replies.