Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
They don't. Or they have 12 gigs of ram for 12 people. Twilight is extremely intense. You could also add a world border to it and prevent players from creating their own portals. That way all the chunks within the border could be loaded and the lag/leaking would become non-issue. Though this would likely eventually lead to needing to reset the world as well.
The server I play on has world borders and resets Twilight Forest (and other dimensions) every other week. I think it's a pretty good setup, even though I'm a little sad I can't live in a Twilight Oak on there like I often do in singleplayer :p

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The server I play on has world borders and resets Twilight Forest (and other dimensions) every other week. I think it's a pretty good setup, even though I'm a little sad I can't live in a Twilight Oak on there like I often do in singleplayer :p
You could still raid the leaf dungeons and get the robust oak and make one in the overworld. You could also use the other saplings you get to change the biome and decorate the area.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone with experince of CreeperHost servers care to answer if their one click install of games other than minecraft, for example, Terraira, come with all their products or just the more expensive ones?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there any way in Unleashed to deal with lightning strikes? I'm living in a giant redwood and I am using the rain maker to stop rain. So I am a bit afraid of a lightning strike hitting the tree just as the rain is stopped and not giving the rain a chance to put the fire out. Dont know if that is even possible though.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way in Unleashed to deal with lightning strikes? I'm living in a giant redwood and I am using the rain maker to stop rain. So I am a bit afraid of a lightning strike hitting the tree just as the rain is stopped and not giving the rain a chance to put the fire out. Dont know if that is even possible though.

Glass the sky? :p

timrem

Jul 29, 2019
You could use the vanilla Minecraft command "/gamerule doFireTick false" to prevent fire spread and destruction, though I believe this may prevent fires from being extinguished naturally, too.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You could use the vanilla Minecraft command "/gamerule doFireTick false" to prevent fire spread and destruction, though I believe this may prevent fires from being extinguished naturally, too.
Yeah had this on a server I was playing on earlier. There were fires everywhere due to lightning strikes never getting put out. Looked daft.
Would be nice with a simple lightning rod. I dont need it to be like that other one (gregtech?) which produced EU, it just need to attract and dissipate the lightning.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah had this on a server I was playing on earlier. There were fires everywhere due to lightning strikes never getting put out. Looked daft.
Would be nice with a simple lightning rod. I dont need it to be like that other one (gregtech?) which produced EU, it just need to attract and dissipate the lightning.
Best way is the vanilla trick of a glass roof *way* up in the sky. I build mine at the maximum block height.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019

I believe the CodeChickenCore config file has an option that will allow fire to burn itself out even if the gamerule doFireTick = false.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do I manage to find Attuned Bees in Unleashed? I read from different places that its found in Deep Hives in certain biomes(Hills, mountains, magical), but there is no such hive listed in the NEI. Tried carving out one chunk in an extreme hills biome and nothing either.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
How do I manage to find Attuned Bees in Unleashed? I read from different places that its found in Deep Hives in certain biomes(Hills, mountains, magical), but there is no such hive listed in the NEI. Tried carving out one chunk in an extreme hills biome and nothing either.

They do exist but many hives do not appear in NEI due to odd meta data. Unsure of what Attuned appear inside but the hives generate surrounded by glowstone, end stone, redstone, and in the nether surrounded by nether quartz.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

Deep Hives tend to be surrounded by redstone ore and can be confused for redstone ore themselves if you're not careful. You can find a screenshot of one here.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
They are found in magical biomes. If memory serves me correctly, they are found near redstone ore.

I believe that vanilla only has 1 or 2 magical biomes, but when using Biomes O Plenty there are several more.

Dazrox88

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to FTB, just downloaded it last night. It's kinda overwhelming how much stuff there is. My question is is there a tut map or any videos for FTB unleashed? "Perfectly someone that does not have an annoying voice."

Thanks in advance!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to FTB, just downloaded it last night. It's kinda overwhelming how much stuff there is. My question is is there a tut map or any videos for FTB unleashed? "Perfectly someone that does not have an annoying voice."

Thanks in advance!
There's always DireWolf20's Let's Play season from 1.5 that follows pretty closely to his FTB pack. And it translates pretty well to Unleashed as well, though there are some differences between the two. It's still a good start, either way.

Edit: DireWolf20 also does spotlights on a majority of the mods in his pack and Unleashed, so there's also that if you want a condensed version.

Last edited:

Dazrox88

Jul 29, 2019
There's always DireWolf20's Let's Play season from 1.5 that follows pretty closely to his FTB pack. And it translates pretty well to Unleashed as well, though there are some differences between the two. It's still a good start, either way.

Edit: DireWolf20 also does spotlights on a majority of the mods in his pack and Unleashed, so there's also that if you want a condensed version.

Ill have to check him out, Thank you for the quick reply!

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to craft iron bars? Im guessing its either IC2 or GT that changed the recipe but I cant see it, the normal recipe doesnt work and I need some. =( 1.6.4