Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm using the DW20 v5.3.2 pack, and the BC pump. Also, the problem is not the pump itself, because it pumps adequate lava when I'm in the nether. (I have the chunk loader set to 9 chunks i think)
I would bump up the chunk loader range. Sounds like the range it is loading is much smaller than what you load when you travel to the pumps locations. The other option is to move the pump to a new location.

Coolkrieger3

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing Unleashed and I bought a couple of barrels of mob essence from another player and I don't know how to get it out of the barrel and into an auto enchanter. How do I get it out?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I am playing Unleashed and I bought a couple of barrels of mob essence from another player and I don't know how to get it out of the barrel and into an auto enchanter. How do I get it out?
Liquid transposer would be the easiest way. Then pipe it from the transposer to the auto-enchanter.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Never tried them, but cant barrels just be clicked unto a tank like buckets/bottles?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Barrels, like the ones from Open Blocks (I think)? If those are the ones about which you speak, then you can pull out the bottom of them with any form of fluid transport you desire. Not sure if the barrels I'm talking about are strictly 1.6+ or not, however, but the typical rule seems to be that fluids output from the bottom for portable sources.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
How do you collect Vitium (taint) for use in the infusion altar? I would like to make the thaumic tinkerer wand of dislocation. However, it require vitium (taint) essence. Any idea how to collect it? I did try breaking a tainted node in a taint biome. No luck all it dropped was essence like ignis and aer.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How do you collect Vitium (taint) for use in the infusion altar? I would like to make the thaumic tinkerer wand of dislocation. However, it require vitium (taint) essence. Any idea how to collect it? I did try breaking a tainted node in a taint biome. No luck all it dropped was essence like ignis and aer.
Is it from wisps? I think DW20 mentioned something that you can get from wisps, and I think that might be it. Don't Magic Beans have random aspects? Check them for Vitium.

Last edited:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You can harvest the taint tendrils growing in taint biomes.

I've tried a few things but have not gotten them to work. I believe that they are treated like a mob so you might be able to pokeball them I have not tried that.[DOUBLEPOST=1385742891][/DOUBLEPOST]

I normally get mine from killing the tainted mobs as they will drop tainted go. Just be warned it is unstable and while it is in your inventory it can dissolve giving you the same defbuff you get form tainted biomes. I get around that by using an ender bag to hold it.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019

Overflow your crucible to spawn thaumic slimes.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Overflow your crucible to spawn thaumic slimes.

While that works it might not be the best way to do it and if you have a taint biome near by going there might be a better idea.

But YMMV so what ever works for you.

Curtisimo

Jul 29, 2019
Back again, another question about my boiler... Kinda.
The boiler is running, but all the things I have running it (Mobspawners, ME systems, and ten or twelve engines) create such a ludicrous amount of lag, that I basically can't enter that section of my base. Are there any ways to reduce the lag?

Brisos

Jul 29, 2019
I am sure the question has been asked dozens of times - I looked around and found several threads about it already. I'm overwhelmed with the number of threads in fact. I am looking at getting started with a FTB SMP server for me and my kid - maybe a friend or two. I would like to get a decent grip on isolating quarry-like features to a separate world/plane.

I have read most of the Mystcraft wiki but, from what I understand, Mystcraft lets you create worlds from within the game. I do not want my players to have that ability at all!

Like I said, I found a lot of talk about Mystcraft or the quarry-isolating topic but have yet to find details on how to manage that server-side and turn off Mystcraft for in-game world-creation. Or maybe I am looking at the wrong mod altogether but I don't know if I am ready to add custom mods to the FTB (unleashed probably) list.

Thanks for any advice you may provide.

**note: I would like to apply the quarry isolation to other tools such as laser mining guns. I actually do not know all the tools available that allow players to defile the land. If someone knows of a list of item IDs (or just names and I can figure out the IDs somehow) I would also appreciate that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am sure the question has been asked dozens of times - I looked around and found several threads about it already. I'm overwhelmed with the number of threads in fact. I am looking at getting started with a FTB SMP server for me and my kid - maybe a friend or two. I would like to get a decent grip on isolating quarry-like features to a separate world/plane.

I have read most of the Mystcraft wiki but, from what I understand, Mystcraft lets you create worlds from within the game. I do not want my players to have that ability at all!

Like I said, I found a lot of talk about Mystcraft or the quarry-isolating topic but have yet to find details on how to manage that server-side and turn off Mystcraft for in-game world-creation. Or maybe I am looking at the wrong mod altogether but I don't know if I am ready to add custom mods to the FTB (unleashed probably) list.

Thanks for any advice you may provide.

**note: I would like to apply the quarry isolation to other tools such as laser mining guns. I actually do not know all the tools available that allow players to defile the land. If someone knows of a list of item IDs (or just names and I can figure out the IDs somehow) I would also appreciate that.
I think a common way of disabling peoples ability to create mystcraft worlds is to simply remove the book binder. That way people can make linking books for easy travel to and from eachothers houses and to mystcraft worlds that you create for them.

And if its just for you and your kid and friends, couldn't you just agree not to use quarries and the likes in overworld? Usually if you set them up with a flat desert world to mine in instead, people don't actually want to mine in overworld any more. Just make it a rule that no one ruins the landscape of overworld(unless they actually want to build something there). If you disable all the means that can be used to ruin the landscape, you will be disabling half the game making it very hard to build anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitefulFox

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there anything special about TiC King Slime items, or are they just named blue slime items?
I think they are equivalent to other tools made from slime through TiC. Tried a few and nothing special about them iirc.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Back again, another question about my boiler... Kinda.
The boiler is running, but all the things I have running it (Mobspawners, ME systems, and ten or twelve engines) create such a ludicrous amount of lag, that I basically can't enter that section of my base. Are there any ways to reduce the lag?
Disable the wire flashing from AE. (in AppliedEnergistics.cfg set "B:gfxCableAnimation=false")
Use an XP turtle to clean up all the XP dropped by mobs in your mob farm (or use a killing method that doesn't drop XP).
Make sure mobs aren't building up in your mob farm.