New forum theme

Is this theme an improvement on what we have now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
It's looking nice. Will there be a better dark theme in the works as well? Or shell I keep Stylish on chrome :p

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I love the CURRENT theme and was, no kidding, just thinking to myself "this is a really nice theme" right before I saw this thread.

On the new theme, the red thread titles and the red in the navigation is very bright and off-putting.
If you like red, do it more like this theme please: http://singularitymc.enjin.com/forum where the red is much darker, and please stay away from using bright red bolded text on white.

Thanks for reading! :)

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I love the CURRENT theme and was, no kidding, just thinking to myself "this is a really nice theme" right before I saw this thread.

On the new theme, the red thread titles and the red in the navigation is very bright and off-putting.
If you like red, do it more like this theme please: http://singularitymc.enjin.com/forum where the red is much darker, and please stay away from using bright red bolded text on white.

Thanks for reading! :)
How many people agree that the red text is too bright?

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
How many people agree that the red text is too bright?
I do agree. A little bit darker and maybe a bit dirty (like the stained clay blocks are in minecraft compared to the wool) wouldn't hurt. And bright colors for text is a no-go as well for me. Otherwise i really like that new theme :)

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
As long as I'm not forced to use it, I'm ok with the new option.
I prefer the dark theme I'm using presently.
Bright colors everywhere hurt my eyes.

So.... I've been using the default theme for a while now and didn't even know there were other options. The dark theme is perfect! Thank you so much! You are my new hero!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Are ads going to be weaved into this theme in a similar placement as we have now?

Apart from that, It looks like great! I can't wait to try it out.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I would agree with AlanEsh to a certain extent, except his example goes just as far in the wrong direction... Black text on such a dark shade of red is just as annoying as bright red on a white background.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
It's looking nice. Will there be a better dark theme in the works as well? Or shell I keep Stylish on chrome :p
A proper port is on my list, not making any promises for a while

As long as I'm not forced to use it, I'm ok with the new option.
I prefer the dark theme I'm using presently.
Bright colors everywhere hurt my eyes.
All the current themes will be going, they aren't compatible with the new updates so you'll have to use the new theme.

Are ads going to be weaved into this theme in a similar placement as we have now?

Apart from that, It looks like great! I can't wait to try it out.
Yeh, ads will be staying the exact same as they are now

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
All the current themes will be going, they aren't compatible with the new updates so you'll have to use the new theme.

Urgh...not a big fan of the new color scheme, I like the orange we have now. :(

Eh...it's better than it could be. I would say don't go any lighter than what you have on the red, though, and I'd definitely consider making blue and green variations to match the other two colors in the FTB logo (green might be a good color for a "dark" theme, just saying. ;) ).

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
I am a fan of the dark theme that until just a few minutes ago, I didn't know existed!!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I would agree with AlanEsh to a certain extent, except his example goes just as far in the wrong direction... Black text on such a dark shade of red is just as annoying as bright red on a white background.
The only black on red is the banner, the rest is white on dark red, or dark red on white or light gray.

I wasn't suggesting adopting that theme specifically, just showing an example of how lowering the extremely high contrast can be accomplished and still have a similar set of colors.

Reactions: Hambeau
Status
Not open for further replies.