First mod for minecraft ever?

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Im just curious and want to know what is first mod made for Minecraft?
Sorry for my bad English. :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Im just curious and want to know what is first mod made for Minecraft?
Sorry for my bad English. :)

do you mean first mod ever made for minecraft, or first mod ever made for minecraft that was also publicly shared?
if it's the first, good chance it's impossible to find out

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
do you mean first mod ever made for minecraft, or first mod ever made for minecraft that was also publicly shared?
if it's the first, good chance it's impossible to find out

First mod that was publicly shared.
I dont think on mods like Mod Loader etc..

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Probably something which gave flying or invincibility, something small...

To be honest, the first big mod, library mod was probably BuildCraft or IC1, can't remember which came first...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Probably something which gave flying or invincibility, something small...

To be honest, the first big mod, library mod was probably BuildCraft or IC1, can't remember which came first...

Probably not actually
It was probably something that was soon implemented, and likely just a small change in src. Maybe stackable food or something of the like.

Reactions: the_j485

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Stone boat for Lava and the Nether back in Minecraft Alpha. If I can find the original link, I'll put it here...

Oh, and IC1 came before Buildcraft. But they did get popular around the same time...
Oh yes, stone boats, I (barely) remember those. Back in the bad old days when EVERY mod went into the Minecraft jar file and if you could get more than 2 or 3 mods working together you were some kind of wizard. Forge was a *godsend*.

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
No it was tree capacitor before stone boats I remover but it's was called something else I remover 100 percent

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Both of the packs I JUST SAID came before all of those -_-

Or are you being ironic and trying to seem narrow-minded?

I hadn't realized those were packs. I thought you were making a funny :p
I never played pre built packs until 1.2.5, I built my own, small packs.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I hadn't realized those were packs. I thought you were making a funny :p
I never played pre built packs until 1.2.5, I built my own, small packs.

Oh I never played them. I don't like to think about it, but I used to be a massive fanboy of the Yogscast, and watched every video, literally. I remember them doing those packs.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
How about the first modpack though?

Easy, the initial release of Technic back in 1.7.3 Minecraft beta, which came a little less than a month after the first open release of MCForge (back when Flowerchild had a hand in it, and Spacetoad was still coding BC at the time)...

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Easy, the initial release of Technic back in 1.7.3 Minecraft beta, which came a little less than a month after the first open release of MCForge (back when Flowerchild had a hand in it, and Spacetoad was still coding BC at the time)...

As I have before explained, wrong, Nowthat'swhatIcallminecraft and Amazopack came far before technic. Please, everyone, stop saying this!